Author Topic: Leak Test Got Through  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Stupify

Leak Test Got Through
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:24:22 AM »
I recently used AWFT leak test from http://www.atelierweb.com/awft/. One of the tests that it ran  gave the following result. See attachement .jpg. I am wondering if Comodo is aware of this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Leak Test Got Through
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:04:32 AM »
I ran the leak test but my firewall (McAfee) failed all of them.  :(

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:29:17 AM »
I recently used AWFT leak test from http://www.atelierweb.com/awft/. One of the tests that it ran  gave the following result. See attachement .jpg. I am wondering if Comodo is aware of this?

On my system CPF pass all 6 AWFT leak tests. Which is your version of CPF? Is it the stable or the beta?

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 04:00:56 AM »
Hi,

I have conducted the leaktest on CPF (took a lot of time) and am proud to say that CPF passed all of them if I select the right Allows or Denys. However, I came out with some questions and hope someone will help me understand the AWFT better. Below is a summary of what happened during the AWFT test:

Test 1: Passed with no problem, browser continue to work as usual.
Test 2: Passed. However after I deny access by my browser to the Internet, I cannot use the browser to browse anymore. I have to restart it in order to use it.
Test 3: Passed, no clicking required. However, after the test is performed, clicking on a link on the browser will cause a pop-up, similiar to Second PopUp Screenshot below. I will have to click Allow in order for the browser to continue working.

Test 4 & 5: Passed, if I click Deny to the pop-up. The pop-up is the First Screenshot below. After that, when I click a link on the browser, it will cause a pop-up, similiar to Second PopUp Screenshot below.

Test 6:
Passed. However, clicking on a link on the browser will cause a pop-up, similiar to Second PopUp Screenshot below.

Okay, based on the summary above, a few questions are lingering in my mind. Why is the Second Pop-Up (the one that comes out when I click a link on the browser) is worded in such a way? I mean I understand that AWFT have modified the Firefox in the PC memory. But given such an explanation in the pop-up, I find it rather confusing and am at lost initially as to click Allow or Deny. Clicking Deny would render the browser inoperatable until it is restarted.

The first pop-up is all fine as I know that when there is no action on my part and suddenly a pop-up appears, I should click Deny. However, the second popup that follows when I click a link have a rather confusing explanation.

I hope someone from Comodo could explain this issue. Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

p/s: I am really proud of Comodo. Passed all 6 Test.  ;D McAfee failed all of them....

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 06:40:17 AM »
I'm really lost about allowing or denying applications.

Sometimes I allow something I should've not allowed and then I forget what it was. I think I'll just delete all the rules and start applying them again. :x
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline Stupify

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:38:01 AM »
Hi pandlouk,

My version is 2.2.0.11 stable.

I also had browser functionality problems after some other leak test's I performed. Not sure if this is a firewall issue or a result of the leak test.

Cheers
Phil

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »
Hi pandlouk,

My version is 2.2.0.11 stable.

I also had browser functionality problems after some other leak test's I performed. Not sure if this is a firewall issue or a result of the leak test.

Cheers
Phil
Well is a result of both. Some types of leaktests patches the browser in memory or inject a dll file. CPF is doing its job by blocking them. For resolving this issues you have to reboot your system. ;)

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:18:10 PM »
Well is a result of both. Some types of leaktests patches the browser in memory or inject a dll file. CPF is doing its job by blocking them. For resolving this issues you have to reboot your system. ;)

I am also using the same version as Stupify. I have to restart my browser in order to use it. Isn't there anything Comodo could do to enable me to use it without restarting my browser?

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek