Author Topic: Comodo release 5 new security tests [CLOSED]  (Read 67922 times)

Offline aditya_dmj

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Comodo release 5 new security tests
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »
I want to run these tests,

please tell if these rootkits or dll injections are sucessfull, then how to remove them

Regards
adi

Offline The Joker

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Let’s put a smile on that face!
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
Where is the COMODO Team to help us?

Currente version of CFP fails, CIS beta 2 too!
HP Pavilion DV4 2040BR l Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 l CIS 7.0 BETA (Proactive Security) (AV: Stateful l FW: Safe Mode l HIPS: Safe Mode l Sandbox: Fully Virtualized)

It's all part of the plan!

Offline leukoplast

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2008, 09:49:47 PM »
Well, I started the program, set Comodo to Installation mode so it could work, then switched back to normal mode then ran the tests.  I failed every single one of them as they all said 'Vulnerable.'

Was I not supposed to let the program initially install before it started up or what?

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
Psst! I think you've just.. replied in the wrong place (topic).

Surreal (for many) follow on..

Well, I started the program, set Comodo to Installation mode so it could work, then switched back to normal mode then ran the tests.  I failed every single one of them as they all said 'Vulnerable.'

Was I not supposed to let the program initially install before it started up or what?
Which version of CFP/CIS do you have? What mode is Defense+ in? Was the Comodo Leak test already present on your system or have you just downloaded it?
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline leukoplast

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »
I just downloaded it, Defense+ was set to Clean PC mode, and my software version is 3.0.25.378.

Although I guess its worth mentioning that recently I wanted to try Eset Nod32, and after installing it (then uninstalling it) Comodo stopped working like it used to, I had to go through it manually and make sure it asks for applications, and all the other files cause it would just let anything through. 

Even after a reinstall Comodo is still acting funny, and I think my failing these tests my have something to do with how Eset screwed up Comodo. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:56:35 PM by leukoplast »

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 11:45:57 AM »
Sorry, I'm currently at a loss what to suggest. You've tried re-installing CFP without success. I'm not aware of any problems with NOD32 vs CFP or with NOD32's uninstall (I don't think it leaves things behind). And I'm not aware of the Comodo Leaktests causing any problems that couldn't be resolved by a reboot.

There is a free tool (UnLock) that is (usually) able to determine what has something locked & remove it or, at least, try to delete it at reboot. But, before we get into that I think I should split these posts off (at some point) & move them to.. to the CFP Help section (since you cannot install CFP). Is that OK?

Have you tried CIS 3.5 btw? Not that I think you'll be able install CIS if you cannot install CFP. But, it makes difference to where I move the posts. With CIS you don't have to install the AV component (CAVS) & without CAVS, CIS 3.5 is effectively CFP 3.5.
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline leukoplast

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
Well, I can re-install Comodo just fine, but like I said something just doesn't work like it did before.  Even deleting everything left behind by Comodo after a uninstall doesn't help.

The firewall still works, and since I have reconfigured it to literally ask me about everything it seems to catch most things like it did before.   But each time I try these tests, it fails with flying colors.   Even setting it on paranoid mode doesn't help.  Anything short of 'block all' mode just gets right through from this test.

Also, I was finally able to delete the files after I decided just to try deleting them under safe mode.

Also, I am using 3.0.25.378.   Should I try updating to this 3.5 you speak of?  Cause I thought I had the latest version.

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
Since we last spoke, CIS 3.5 has released via CFP 3's Automatic update function. Although, some users have experienced problems with the automatic update (checking the forum's CFP & CIS Help sections is recommended).

As far as the Comodo Leaktest's go.. Comodo have very recently released a new set & there's now even more of them here (34 if you would believe).
Forum Policy.
____

3xist

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek