Author Topic: COMODO Leak Test Suite Updated Version  (Read 235213 times)

Offline larlyles

• Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Leak Test Suite Updated Version
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 12:08:48 AM »
I know this is a Comodo designed test and that Defense+ is an integral part of CIS, but by relying so much on Defense+, is the leak test suite really testing the CIS Firewall? It seems like the HIPS part of CIS is doing most of the work in these leak tests. By choosing 'Allow', aren't you bypassing the Defense+ part of CIS and then testing only the Firewall part of the program, which gives the CIS Firewall a much lower score? Is this a convoluted way of looking at this leak test suite in regards to the CIS program, or does the question have merit?

BTW, I scored 340 out of 340, with the Firewall and Defense+ set to Safe Mode and all the Monitor Settings checked. The Advanced Predefined Security Policies Trusted Applications Protection Settings were all set to 'Yes'. The Windows System Applications Protection Settings were all set to 'Yes', except Windows/WinEvent Hooks was left at "No'. Isolated Applications Protection Settings were all left at 'No', and the Limited Applications were all set to 'Yes'. With these settings I didn't get any Defense+ popups to answer. I still have to wonder, was the CIS Firewall really being tested by this leak test suite, or was Defense+ doing most of the work because of the advanced settings chosen?

Offline prandi63

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 01:40:05 AM »
Hye,
i got today,after a click on D+ computer security policy under ''treat as'' a deeper menu as ''access rights'' and ''protection setting'' i put all in blocked(both menu) and i got 340/340 but no internet page shown.
Closed it and set clt in trusted app then i try again program got again message select installer and update and i got again 30/340
Changing again in custom and i got again 340/340
Is that right???
I think test like this it is not good ,otherwise i have to block all programs and then maybe i got pc blocked
I get confusing

prandi63

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 02:00:03 AM »
Hye,
i got today,after a click on D+ computer security policy under ''treat as'' a deeper menu as ''access rights'' and ''protection setting'' i put all in blocked(both menu) and i got 340/340 but no internet page shown.
Closed it and set clt in trusted app then i try again program got again message select installer and update and i got again 30/340
Changing again in custom and i got again 340/340
Is that right???
I think test like this it is not good ,otherwise i have to block all programs and then maybe i got pc blocked
I get confusing

prandi63
huh ??? errr,what's the point of creating rule for CLT?
i think you should assume the CLT as a new unknown application.
and then you run it, and see how CIS handle it,and when the popup shows up, you answer accordingly.  :P

Offline easter

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 02:14:22 AM »
Hello Comodo folks and staff

FYI i tried the new CLT Test and am very happy to report that EQS Beta3 w/ Alcyon's Crushing Rulesets blowed this test out of the water.

In conjunction with PG 3.5 & MAMUTU only as well as my little Kerio 2.15 firewall.

Can you come up with a more strenous test in the future? These are interesting.

Thanks EASTER

Offline Ya5h Kh4n

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 03:22:26 AM »
I know this is a Comodo designed test and that Defense+ is an integral part of CIS, but by relying so much on Defense+, is the leak test suite really testing the CIS Firewall? It seems like the HIPS part of CIS is doing most of the work in these leak tests. By choosing 'Allow', aren't you bypassing the Defense+ part of CIS and then testing only the Firewall part of the program, which gives the CIS Firewall a much lower score? Is this a convoluted way of looking at this leak test suite in regards to the CIS program, or does the question have merit?

BTW, I scored 340 out of 340, with the Firewall and Defense+ set to Safe Mode and all the Monitor Settings checked. The Advanced Predefined Security Policies Trusted Applications Protection Settings were all set to 'Yes'. The Windows System Applications Protection Settings were all set to 'Yes', except Windows/WinEvent Hooks was left at "No'. Isolated Applications Protection Settings were all left at 'No', and the Limited Applications were all set to 'Yes'. With these settings I didn't get any Defense+ popups to answer. I still have to wonder, was the CIS Firewall really being tested by this leak test suite, or was Defense+ doing most of the work because of the advanced settings chosen?

hii. a good point buddy. some leak tests are meant for firewall and some are meant for hips and some for both. so if we disable defence plus and run the tests the firewall should atleast generate the pop ups for the tests meant for firewall tests. but i dont know if there are leak tests meant for firewall only in comodo leak tests.

thanxx

naren

Offline JaMokey

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »
170/340

All i have on my computer is Spybot Search & Destroy  :P :P :P
Not exactly active anymore, been away too long.

Offline mjj09

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 12:55:55 AM »
XP SP3 in Safe Mode

340/340

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 07:50:44 AM »
Hi

Any news when this "online type" leak test suite will be available?

:)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 03:41:57 AM »
Any news when this "online type" leak test suite will be available?

Bump ;).

:)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (x64) | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere

https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline 7testing

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 11:17:03 PM »
thanks. you are a  gentleman.

Offline devenroy

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »
Hi all,
I m running windows 7 x 64bit edition.
I have CIS & Iobit security 360 installed on my system
After running test i found "Impersonation: DDE Vulnerable"
How can i fix this?
My total score is 330/340.
Thanks,
Deven

Offline JoWa

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
Like some AVs, IE8 doesn't like CLT. 88)
Ubuntu 17.10 | Chrome 63β | HTTPS Everywhere | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline AyeAyeCaptain

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 04:26:19 AM »
Well in proactive mode along with on-access AV and Paranoid D+ I got 160/340

And in Internet Security Mode, along with on-access and Paranoid D+ 320/340

PS- also had UAC off, as use Metaboli, but turned back on and will turn off when playing games only (even though lot of hassle).

EDIT/ADD: Now got 330/340 , how do I protect against 8) Invasion: FileDrop, that is the only one I failed now.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 06:22:51 AM by AyeAyeCaptain »
Film Scum Remake
Comodo: Where is your Tool
User: What Tool?
Comodo: This f****** Tool.
Protect Yourself With Comodo...... lol

Offline devenroy

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 11:35:18 AM »
coat.dlll got trojan generic virus? its detected by cloud panda security.
Thanks,
Deven

Offline Endymion

• Comodo's Hero
  • Reality is subordinate to perception.
    • Faces -The Madman (Kahlil Gibran, 1918)
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
coat.dlll got trojan generic virus? its detected by cloud panda security.

Assuming an umbrella won't solve that either, does Panda have a way report this False positive?

I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek