Author Topic: 2.3.4.45 doesn't pass parent injection leak test  (Read 6774 times)

Offline tcolgan

2.3.4.45 doesn't pass parent injection leak test
« on: September 06, 2006, 08:58:50 PM »
Just installed CPF and after running a few programs (Firefox, IE, Thunderbird; except for allowing these and telling the program to remember my selections, all settings are default) I tried the parent injection leak test.  It failed and took me to the Comodo website which said:

Your firewall didn't pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: c

This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall 2.0 is the only firewall to pass the Parent Injection Leak test with its default settings.

CPF didn't pop up any warnings, just let the test go to the website.

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that shed any light on this issue.

TIA for your help.

tc

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: 2.3.4.45 doesn't pass parent injection leak test
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:17:16 PM »
Just installed CPF and after running a few programs (Firefox, IE, Thunderbird; except for allowing these and telling the program to remember my selections, all settings are default) I tried the parent injection leak test.  It failed and took me to the Comodo website which said:

Your firewall didn't pass the test and transmitted information to our website.
You typed: c

This time it was useless information - next time it could be your credit card number or other sensitive data being passed to a hacker.

Comodo Firewall 2.0 is the only firewall to pass the Parent Injection Leak test with its default settings.

CPF didn't pop up any warnings, just let the test go to the website.

I searched the forum but couldn't find anything that shed any light on this issue.

TIA for your help.

tc

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,1660.msg15832.html#msg15832

Offline tcolgan

Re: 2.3.4.45 doesn't pass parent injection leak test (Resolved)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »
Deleted the registry key and still didn't pass injection leak test.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and all is well.

Thanks.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: 2.3.4.45 doesn't pass parent injection leak test (Resolved)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »
Deleted the registry key and still didn't pass injection leak test.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and all is well.

Thanks.

For the future reference, after deleting the keys, you need to reboot. Since CPIL modifies the parent explorer.exe which is the parent of almost all GUI applications, it is quite easy for the user to accidentally allow and remember it after test finishes.

Egemen

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek