Author Topic: 2.3.3.33 (& 2.3.5.62) is failing leak tests [Resolved]  (Read 59672 times)

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: 2.3.3.33 is failing leak tests
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2006, 02:19:58 AM »
False alarm on the passing, I've run the tests again & Comodo is consistently failing both tests everytime again... the good news is, I think we may finally know the cause of these varying results.

Check out this post: http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2777.0.html

That has got to be it. I usually run the tests straight off the website out of my temp internet files, but this morning when Comodo was passing I was testing the latest version of a particular download accelerator/manager & it was downloading the file first, then I was executing it from another local disk rather than just running it from the website. I really wouldn't have thought that running it directly from the website or from the local disk would make any difference, apparently you guys didn't think so either, hence we were obtaining different results & you were unable to reproduce these leak test failures. Hopefully, I'm really hoping here that this is the conclusive cause of it passing or failing so that you too may reproduce this & see just what I'm talking about with all these leak test failures. I would imagine, as well as I can see from your screenshots that since you're testing it all the time you're probably just executing the leak tests locally rather than through IE or whatever other browser you may prefer. I hope you may now reproduce this & I hope it is an easy fix to implement as Comodo is clearly capable of blocking the leak tests under the right circumstances, it just isn't working when running the file directly from the web.

I've included a few new screenshots. The pcflank screen is pretty much the same old same old, but as you can see in the cpil test the page is partially blocked yet still loading without images or proper html formatting, & the info is being leaked. This is what is happening after hitting deny on the Comodo popup for cpil. I ran the test a few times just to be sure because before it seemed like it was loading the full page rather than just the text but each time this afternoon it looked identical to this screenshot. Anyhow, hopefully you can reproduce it for yourself without any issue now.

Goodluck on it.

-x

Now we could reproduce. We have fixed the issues. They should be available with the next update along with many other fixes(planned for thursday).

Thank you for the feedback,
Egemen

Offline xTerminus

• Comodo Member
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »
Now we could reproduce. We have fixed the issues. They should be available with the next update along with many other fixes(planned for thursday).

Egemen

That is excellent news. Funny it was such a simple thing dividing the results between those that were finding it to pass & those that were finding it to fail. Such opposite results & yet both completely valid. I'm sure there are plenty of people that choose to run the tests directly from the web rather than saving them first. The fact is, the vast majority of actual Comodo users or testers, whether they run leak tests from the web, a local drive or not at all, probably are not present here in this thread or elsewhere on the forums to have helped discover this discrepancy. Good thing for that other post or I may have never considered that as being the cause of this issue. Was a little frustrating seeing what I see here & yet having only a handful of other posters experiencing the same thing but none of the actual developers able to reproduce it & none of us being able to definitively determine the cause of the varying results. Glad there is finally resolution to this matter & we can move beyond this anomaly...

By the way, the interface is looking really nice & streamlined, very nice organization & function... & the systray icon rocks. I know it's not an extremely important factor, but I really like the overall looks of the skin & icons.

-x

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2006, 06:46:45 AM »
That is excellent news. Funny it was such a simple thing dividing the results between those that were finding it to pass & those that were finding it to fail. Such opposite results & yet both completely valid. I'm sure there are plenty of people that choose to run the tests directly from the web rather than saving them first. The fact is, the vast majority of actual Comodo users or testers, whether they run leak tests from the web, a local drive or not at all, probably are not present here in this thread or elsewhere on the forums to have helped discover this discrepancy. Good thing for that other post or I may have never considered that as being the cause of this issue. Was a little frustrating seeing what I see here & yet having only a handful of other posters experiencing the same thing but none of the actual developers able to reproduce it & none of us being able to definitively determine the cause of the varying results. Glad there is finally resolution to this matter & we can move beyond this anomaly...

By the way, the interface is looking really nice & streamlined, very nice organization & function... & the systray icon rocks. I know it's not an extremely important factor, but I really like the overall looks of the skin & icons.

-x

Yep. That was a quite good bug. Heuristic engine of CPF was skipping application modifying its parent without calculating the risk correctly.

Egemen

Offline sukarof

• Comodo Family Member
Re: [RESOLVED] 2.3.3.33 (& 2.3.5.62) is failing leak tests
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2006, 10:02:09 AM »
Thanks for your willingness to dig deeper xTerminus
(and solo   (:CLP)  )
I also thought it was very strange that so many people got different reusults. Personally I have never even dreamed about running something directly from the web :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:04:17 AM by sukarof »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek