Author Topic: Update for CIS does not install  (Read 3131 times)

Offline dkeat

• Comodo Family Member
Update for CIS does not install
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »
Hello,

I have been using the Comodo firewall for many years and was informed this morning that an "update" was available. I requested the update be installed, the update site was contacted and a "download" appears to have started but ended a few seconds later as "completed". The release number did not change and the application looks the same so I assume something is not working. Does one have to download the new application and install from scratch?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline doktornotor

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Update for CIS does not install
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:46:32 AM »

Offline SuperUser

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »
Hello,

I have been using the Comodo firewall for many years and was informed this morning that an "update" was available. I requested the update be installed, the update site was contacted and a "download" appears to have started but ended a few seconds later as "completed". The release number did not change and the application looks the same so I assume something is not working. Does one have to download the new application and install from scratch?

Thanks,

Dave

I was trying to update mine CIS today but it failed twice. Half way it would say something about not being able to connect to the servers and to check my connection although there was nothing wrong with it since I could browse without any problems. I just kept trying so it worked the third time. I guess the Comodo's servers were overloaded with other people trying to get the updates at the same time.

However, after the update was complete it asked me to reboot so the changes can take effect. Maybe you should try to reboot and then check the release number. If it didn't change try updating again.

Offline dkeat

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:40:18 AM »
Thank you for the link. I had a look at it. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the data. The person who wrote it did not seem very convinced that Comodo was worthwhile anyway. I couldn't really make head or tail of it. I will export my configuration and hope that the new CIS will be able to import it.

Dave

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek