Author Topic: On Windows 8.1 Compatibility and Upgrade  (Read 27514 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: On Windows 8.1 Compatibility and Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2014, 12:41:47 PM »
What program does the BSOD tell it thinks is involved with the crash? What AV solution do you use alongside the Comodo Firewall?

Offline Rumpus

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2014, 12:29:12 PM »
I had this recurrent problem with the suite, not just the firewall. The solution was to run the installation program as Administrator (right-click on the icon). It then installed and runs perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Offline mountainmike

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2014, 11:02:56 AM »
I am running CIS on a new computer with Windows 8.1 and I am having internet problems.  With CIS on my internet searches by way of Yahoo come out looking like a typed page with lines typed over the top of each other.  I keep getting prompts that to run video such as youtube  I need to install a new version of Adobe Flash Player.  When I try to do that, it never installs and runs correctly.  When I close CIS and browse the internet with explorer I have no problems at all.  Are there setting or compatibility issues with Windows 8.1?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
I am running CIS on a new computer with Windows 8.1 and I am having internet problems.  With CIS on my internet searches by way of Yahoo come out looking like a typed page with lines typed over the top of each other.  I keep getting prompts that to run video such as youtube  I need to install a new version of Adobe Flash Player.  When I try to do that, it never installs and runs correctly.  When I close CIS and browse the internet with explorer I have no problems at all.  Are there setting or compatibility issues with Windows 8.1?
Try cleaning cache and cookies and restart your browser. See if that helps or not.

What browser are you using? It sounds like you have referring logging disabled that may cause the problems with Flash Player.

If it doesn't help can you post a screenshot? A picture sometimes tells more than a thousand words.

Offline mountainmike

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »
The problems are getting worse.  I am using the Yahoo Comodo protected browser ( Dragon and CIS) and my experience is hit and miss with how well it performs.  Sometimes it looks normal with clear displays of searches.  Then on other occasions it breaks down to the point of being useless to search for anything at all.  The searches are displayed as if words were typed over the top of each other.  Video settings issue? Maybe it is an issue of heavy traffic periods, but I am on the internet at various times of day and night and I don't see a pattern.

I can't verify what version of CIS I am running.  It was downloaded in the last 4-6 mopnths.  None of the usual places are useful for that.  I am running Windows 8.1 on a new computer.

I have also been using Malwarebytes also basically for a companion program for scans and having access to their Chameleon program.  That has just gone dysfuntional - not able to get updates or use their fix program.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »
Hi mountainmike,
For the display issues in Dragon try disabling 'Use hardware acceleration when available', found under system in Dragon's advanced settings.

Kind regards.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
The problems are getting worse.  I am using the Yahoo Comodo protected browser ( Dragon and CIS) and my experience is hit and miss with how well it performs.  Sometimes it looks normal with clear displays of searches.  Then on other occasions it breaks down to the point of being useless to search for anything at all.  The searches are displayed as if words were typed over the top of each other.  Video settings issue? Maybe it is an issue of heavy traffic periods, but I am on the internet at various times of day and night and I don't see a pattern.
Try disabling hardware acceleration in Dragon. Captainsticks beat me to it... ;)

I can't verify what version of CIS I am running.  It was downloaded in the last 4-6 mopnths.  None of the usual places are useful for that.  I am running Windows 8.1 on a new computer.
Check under the question mark under Title Bar Controls.

I have also been using Malwarebytes also basically for a companion program for scans and having access to their Chameleon program.  That has just gone dysfuntional - not able to get updates or use their fix program.
Are you running it on demand or on access? If the latter is the case please add the CIS installation folders to the MBAM exclusions and vice versa.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek