Author Topic: Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems  (Read 290077 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Re: Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »
Hi nona1,
Sorry for the situation you are in.

Looks like you have already tried everything that was available as troubleshooting option.

Let me discuss with the team if there is any information can be gleaned from system to help you further.

Thanks
-umesh

Does anyone from comodo watch this board?
i'm still stuck and can't do anything until i get some assistance, if anyone has an alternative link to comodo support where i can get help with the free firewall please post, i'd be happy to pay for the firewall if it worked, i can't seem to find any alternative firewall which has all the functions comodo has(any suggestions).
My issue is listed in my last few posts, i need to get comodo installed on my PC but nothing has worked so far and it's not like i have an unusual pc setup, basic Win10 home edition.
Hoping someone from comodo can help me get past these install errors i keep getting...

(Update - in the meantime i found binisofts windows firewall controller which seems to offer some control but but still searching for something which gave as many options as comodo's firewall, if anyone knows of a secure firewall, even a router based one, looking for a comodo replacement due to the fact it won't install :o(
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline nona1

« Reply #196 on: July 21, 2017, 02:47:30 AM »
Thanks, something is making the installer think the setup file is corrupted and not sure why but it gives a error 4294967295, i have tried a few different installers with same results, i think the issue must stem from the very old version of comodo CIS i tried to install which was not compatible with win10, this must have left something behind, i think it may have been as old as version 5.5.19 (which is what i used with win7) or possibly an older version from an old installer file i tried.
The .bat file (suggested fix) i tried removed some stuff but also showed some errors but was unsure how to get the log file for this.
I also manually removed any comodo tagged entries in the registry, i think i did this before i ran the .bat file but after running the other suggested tools in this thread.
Hope this might help a little.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:55:43 AM by nona1 »

Offline sergey.grechko

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »
Thanks, something is making the installer think the setup file is corrupted and not sure why but it gives a error 4294967295, i have tried a few different installers with same results, i think the issue must stem from the very old version of comodo CIS i tried to install which was not compatible with win10, this must have left something behind, i think it may have been as old as version 5.5.19 (which is what i used with win7) or possibly an older version from an old installer file i tried.
The .bat file (suggested fix) i tried removed some stuff but also showed some errors but was unsure how to get the log file for this.
I also manually removed any comodo tagged entries in the registry, i think i did this before i ran the .bat file but after running the other suggested tools in this thread.
Hope this might help a little.

Hi, nona1.

Could you please provide MSInfo32 output, Windows Event logs and CIS installation logs?

To collect msinfo32.nfo:
1. Find and run msinfo32 in Start menu.
2. Click 'Save' item in 'File' menu.

To collect Windows Event logs:
1. Find and run Event Viewer in Start menu.
2. Select 'Windows Logs' -> 'Application' in opened window.
3. Right mouse click on it 'Save All Events As...'.
4. Save as 'Application' events.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 'Security', 'Setup', 'System' events.

To collect CIS installation logs:
Go to Temp folder and save 'cmdinstaller.exe_X_X.log.7z' file.

Add collected msinfo32.nfo, Windows Event logs and CIS installation logs to archive and send it to us for further investigation.
Thank you.

Offline MartiusD

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2017, 06:09:41 AM »
...The .bat file (suggested fix) i tried removed some stuff but also showed some errors...
I have successfully used the removal tool (required because of an incomplete update to CIS 10) but it did generate a lot of errors and I now have 2 CIS entries in my list of installed programs.

Comodo has promised a fully supported removal tool on several occasions but nothing ever gets released. Almost all the other major security vendors have one. If a fully supported removal tool was made available and easy to find on Comodo's web site I believe this particular thread would be MUCH smaller!

You might be able to remove Comodo using ESET AV Remover (http://help.eset.com/ees/6/en-US/?av_remover.htm) which claims to be able to remove "almost any" AV. I haven't tried it.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Hi All,
Anyone facing un-installation problem, please read following:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/if-you-can-not-uninstall-comodo-read-this-t120194.0.html

Thanks
-umesh
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline lynchknot

« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2018, 02:50:32 AM »
Hello, I am having an "at risk" "network firewall is not functioning properly" issue. I used the tool on this thread to uninstall but i'm still having the problem.

windows 10 64bit
bitdefender
iobit apps

Log Name:      COMODO Internet Security Trace
Source:        cis
Date:          3/2/2018 10:36:55 PM
Event ID:      1
Task Category: CloudOperations
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:     
Description:
Error FTP connection, host: usfftp.security.comodo.com, code: 2efd

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="cis" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">1</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>39</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-03-03T06:36:55.788555700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1999</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>COMODO Internet Security Trace</Channel>
    <Computer>zombified</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Error FTP connection, host: usfftp.security.comodo.com, code: 2efd
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:56:50 AM by lynchknot »

Online futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »
Hello, I am having an "at risk" "network firewall is not functioning properly" issue. I used the tool on this thread to uninstall but i'm still having the problem.

windows 10 64bit
bitdefender
iobit apps

Log Name:      COMODO Internet Security Trace
Source:        cis
Date:          3/2/2018 10:36:55 PM
Event ID:      1
Task Category: CloudOperations
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:     
Description:
Error FTP connection, host: usfftp.security.comodo.com, code: 2efd

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="cis" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">1</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>39</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-03-03T06:36:55.788555700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1999</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>COMODO Internet Security Trace</Channel>
    <Computer>zombified</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Error FTP connection, host: usfftp.security.comodo.com, code: 2efd
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
You should run and attach a diagnostic report, also uninstall bitdefender and/or iobit apps. You can also try latest version.

Offline lynchknot

« Reply #202 on: March 05, 2018, 12:34:14 PM »
I just tried the latest version. Those apps were living well together until very recently. If there is no easy fix, I don't have much more time to spend to fix this. I'm thinking of trying a different firewall and be done with it. This diagnostic came back with "found some errors but unable to fix automatically". Here is the file: https://filehost.net/da10880789e05c6e

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
Try adding the installation folder of BitDefender to the exclusions of shellcode injection protection and see if that makes a difference. Could you try the same thing for AV exclusions of CIS and add the CIS instalaltion fodlers to BitDefender exclusions. It may help to isolate where the problem resides and may work as a workaround to keep the two programs work alongside.

Offline lynchknot

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2018, 01:20:14 AM »
Try adding the installation folder of BitDefender to the exclusions of shellcode injection protection and see if that makes a difference. Could you try the same thing for AV exclusions of CIS and add the CIS instalaltion fodlers to BitDefender exclusions. It may help to isolate where the problem resides and may work as a workaround to keep the two programs work alongside.

Ok I did all that but Comodo still says "at risk" and  Fix It still finds errors but cannot fix them automatically. I should add that i'm only using the firewall.

Online futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »
Ok I did all that but Comodo still says "at risk" and  Fix It still finds errors but cannot fix them automatically. I should add that i'm only using the firewall.
The error code for inspect is 0x00000424 which means the specified service does not exist as an installed service. So you have something blocking the inspect service from being installed properly. You can run from the command prompt sc query inspect to confirm if windows can query the inspect driver service.

Offline lynchknot

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »
The error code for inspect is 0x00000424 which means the specified service does not exist as an installed service. So you have something blocking the inspect service from being installed properly. You can run from the command prompt sc query inspect to confirm if windows can query the inspect driver service.

I have no idea what that is but here's this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc query inspect
[SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Offline Bakermiaz

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2018, 11:11:50 PM »
That uninstall utility fixed my problem.

Iv been using this software for awhile with no problems but then I had really high CPU usage from the virus protection.
I then tried to reinstall but first I had to uninstall.
Uninstalled from control panel and it appeared to install but right at the end gave an error.

I could not  reinstall until I had completely uninstalled.  what a headache.,, ouch.
Maybe you could put  something in the installer that checks for old left overs and cleans them there without needing a separate utility

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek