Author Topic: If you can not uninstall Comodo, please read this  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
If you can not uninstall Comodo, please read this
« on: July 21, 2017, 03:27:30 PM »
Hi All,

This post is about how to solve in case you are not able to uninstall Comodo.

It is not a very common problem but something for which so far there is no one solution that may have worked for every one, the reason, it's a complex thing, sometime you may have an installer / uninstaller interrupted so you may have incomplete installation or other time you may have messed around with various online tools in hope they may work but they may have actually complicated things further.

So far we do not have any official tool to help solve such cases but simply use standard uninstaller option from Windows.

Till we can come up with any smart solution that may work for all or be able to guide you, we suggest following steps to be taken by user when he runs into this problem before he tries any other external script or tool:

Official Uninstaller tool released.
If this tool still fails and you still think you have Comodo installed and can't re-install, we would like you to report bug in bug report section, providing following log files as input in post:

- You will find log in same folder from where uninstall tool was executed
- You need to find all logs from Windows temp folder (Windows Key + R and then type in %TEMP%) of following format:
cmdinstall.exe_*.log.7z
cmdinstall.exe_*.log
COMODO *_uninstall.log

Step - 1: Collect msinfo32.nfo using msinfo32.exe:
1. Go to Windows Run (Windows Key + R key in keyboard) and type in msinfo32.exe  and press Enter key, it will launch System Information window application.
2. Click 'Save' item in 'File' menu.

Step - 2: Collect Windows Event logs:
1. Go to Windows Run (Windows Key + R key in keyboard) and type in eventvwr.exe and press Enter key, it will launch Event Viewer window application.
2. Select 'Windows Logs' -> 'Application' in opened window.
3. Right mouse click on it 'Save All Events As...'.
4. Save as 'Application' events.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for 'Security', 'Setup', 'System' events.

Step - 3: Collect CIS installation logs:
Go to Temp folder in Windows by going to Windows Run (Windows Key + R key in keyboard) and  type in '%temp%' (without quotes) and press Enter key and find log file with naming convention as 'cmdinstaller.exe_X_X.log.7z' file.

Please provide above log files via personal message by sharing online link or attach to post, whatever you feel comfortable with.

After you provide above logs, team will analyze and if there are any suggestions, they will ask you to try and if finally nothing works, we will be happy to remote connect to your PC and try to solve the problem if you allow.

Thanks
-umesh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:34:08 AM by futuretech »
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline NightFlight

Re: If you can not uninstall Comodo, please read this
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:44:18 PM »
Umesh, here are the cmdinstaller.exe log files that I retrieved from windows key + R as directed. I am having no luck with installing CIS Premium 10.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »
Thanks, team will get in touch.
Umesh, here are the cmdinstaller.exe log files that I retrieved from windows key + R as directed. I am having no luck with installing CIS Premium 10.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline MartiusD

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
It is not a very common problem but something for which so far there is no one solution that may have worked for every one, the reason, it's a complex thing, sometime you may have an installer / uninstaller interrupted so you may have incomplete installation or other time you may have messed around with various online tools in hope they may work but they may have actually complicated things further.

So far we do not have any official tool to help solve such cases but simply use standard uninstaller option from Windows.
Why is Comodo taking so long to provide a fully supported uninstall tool? Users on this forum have been asking for it for years! Most of the other major security software packages have one. The excuse that "it's a complex thing" is pathetic. The tool needs to be able to stop all CIS processes and services and then delete every CIS-related entry in the registry and every CIS-related file on the disk. Having an incomplete or corrupted installation of CIS should not matter - it would just mean that some registry entries and/or disk files may not be present so just delete the ones that are there so that all traces of CIS are removed. If you can't identify all possible CIS-related entries to delete then there must be some VERY slack programming in CIS.

I have used the current uninstall tool after my CIS installation was screwed by the notorious in-line update. It generated so many errors I was amazed that I was able to reinstall CIS using the offline update. Although CIS now appears to work properly I still have 2 CIS entries in my list of installed programs. In contrast, when I used another security vendor's official uninstall tool it just worked i.e. everything related to that product was deleted.

Offline Wolf_Digital

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »
Hello, Who exactly do i message with the info you need. My computer networkadapters are totaly hosed at the moment and it wont let me uninstall comodo.

Offline PremJK

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Live and Let Live
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »
Hi Wolf_Digital,

Please upload the requested files in any online storage and provide us the download link through the private message.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Offline scooterbaga

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »
Hello,

I sent a PM to umesh quite some time ago regarding this issue. I have not received a response. What should I do? Thanks.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:06 PM »
Hi scooterbaga,
I have asked support to update the status.

Thanks
-umesh

Hello,

I sent a PM to umesh quite some time ago regarding this issue. I have not received a response. What should I do? Thanks.

Offline robotster

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
I have the same issue and sent all the log file to umesh in a PM a while ago, but haven't heard back at all yet.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »
Hello, Who exactly do i message with the info you need. My computer networkadapters are totaly hosed at the moment and it wont let me uninstall comodo.

Sometimes it happens that you can't connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficialclean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present?  Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

That will get the network connection up and running again.

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 03:57:21 AM »
Just create a restore point before installing CIS. When you restore your system, there are just a few folders and few other files left. You can find them easily with "everything".
https://www.voidtools.com/

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 06:43:59 AM »
In next CIS release we are working on, CIS will create re-store point before installation and update and also we will be publishing official un-installation tool.
Just create a restore point before installing CIS. When you restore your system, there are just a few folders and few other files left. You can find them easily with "everything".
https://www.voidtools.com/

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
I will follow up further with team.
I have the same issue and sent all the log file to umesh in a PM a while ago, but haven't heard back at all yet.

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 04:33:45 AM »
In next CIS release we are working on, CIS will create re-store point before installation and update and also we will be publishing official un-installation tool.

Great!  :-TU

Offline HelpMeOutPlease

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »
Decided to try out free firewall this morning, installed, and was asked to restart my pc.

Upon restart  I was immediately locked out of the internet, all my admin rights were removed, I can not reinstall the program, I have no access to the windows control panel, I can not install anything new, I can not uninstall the firewall, I can not delete the registry keys, I can not stop the CmdAgent nor the cmdvirth services from the task manager, I have no access to my network settings, I can not reinstall windows, I can not reformat my hard-drive, I have no more rights to this computer, your software has effectively murdered my pc.

Now it's 8:30 pm and I am exhausted.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek