Author Topic: How do I silently install only one component ?  (Read 4476 times)

Offline johndoe

How do I silently install only one component ?
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:56:39 PM »
Hi, thanks to the Comodo developer team, the -s switch introduced with CPF works just fine with CIS as well.  Now my question is, how do I silently install only one component (specifically the firewall)?

Thanks

Offline ganda

• thermodynamic defier
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: How do I silently install only one component ?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
Hi, thanks to the Comodo developer team, the -s switch introduced with CPF works just fine with CIS as well.  Now my question is, how do I silently install only one component (specifically the firewall)?

Thanks
what do you mean by silently?  ;D
if you want to install the firewall only, untick the Antivirus option.  :Beer

Offline Bam

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:39:22 AM »
silent as in a silent install, e.g. automatic installation using /s most commonly used.
censorship

Offline johndoe

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
what do you mean by silently?  ;D
if you want to install the firewall only, untick the Antivirus option.  :Beer

by silent install, I mean an automated installation or one that is unattended as in no user intervention required.  the -s was introduced by the developers especially on request of a friend from the MSFN forums where I too am active building silent/unattended addons for NLite but the -s switch installs the entire bundle of antivirus and firewall.  supposing somebody wanted a silent installation of only the firewall and not the bundled antivirus, how would one go about doing that ?

3xist

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:45:22 AM »
There is no "Silent Install", You need to also accept license agreements & Choosing the Firewall & Antivirus, or just one of them, and installing them, rebooting isn't much of a hassle further.

Josh

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek