Author Topic: Games using Easy Anti Cheat cause a system hang  (Read 366 times)

Offline deepcut

• Comodo Member
Games using Easy Anti Cheat cause a system hang
« on: February 09, 2019, 05:54:11 PM »
I've recently tried playing two games that cause my computer to freeze up and force me to reset it.

7 Days to Die
Far Cry 5

Both games use EAC - Easy Anti Cheat.

The only way I've been able to get Far Cry 5 to boot at all is by completely uninstalled CIS, which I don't find to be a reasonable solution.
I already added the FC5 game folder as an exception to both the general exceptions and the shellcode exceptions.

I've tried searching the forums here for other posts about this but found nothing.
Any suggestions ? Thanks.

I suppose I should add that I'm on Windows 7, and I believe last installed CIS 10 and was up-to-date with whatever version auto-update has pushed to me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:15:29 PM by deepcut »

Offline Born

Re: Games using Easy Anti Cheat cause a system hang
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 06:31:21 PM »
Just wondering if u added the EAC folder as well.I'm running win 7 and have had no issues with EAC.

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo's Hero
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:11:47 AM »
If you had a look in the Comodo Logs, was there anything that was shown as blocking EAC or the game?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:13:47 AM by ReeceN »
Some Comodo wallpapers by me
Wonders what John McAfee will do next.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:26 PM »
I don't think it has anything to do with EAC but a known problem with launching full screen applications that produce HIPS alerts in which you can't answer. You should either switch to silent mode before launching of games or add the games developers digital certificate to the local trusted vendors list.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek