Author Topic: Comodo keep crashing  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Stiletto86

Comodo keep crashing
« on: May 24, 2021, 05:31:22 AM »
Hi! im using CIS and today for some reason it started crashing even i didnt had any changes to system or comodo it self. This is log file it makes, i cant read it. Any advice?

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
Re: Comodo keep crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
valorant can be cause, here i install valorant in two systems, a without other softwares (only windows clean) the error happened!
with the comodo internet security error repeat, but valorant is incompatible with some versions of windows 10...

wait the devs... :-TU

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 07:46:34 AM by liosant »

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »
How did you determine CIS was crashing when your crash dump points to vgk.sys which is the vanguard anti-cheat driver?

Offline Stiletto86

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
Well Comodo was poping window saying it has crashed and if i want to send report, which i did. But it kept crashing, for some reason it didnt crash single time today.

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 09:12:21 PM »
Then you provided the wrong memory dump as CIS configures windows to store crash memory dumps of CIS processes to the C:\ProgramData\Comodo\CisDumps folder. After you get those dumps and provide a download link to them, you should delete them from the cisdumps folder to check for new crashes.

Offline Stiletto86

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 04:00:58 AM »
That folder is empty for me. Dump i provided was given to me via comodo popup saying there was a crash and if it can send this dump file for improving software etc... Maybe it wasnt saying comodo has crashed after i think better, it was strange that it was worded something along lines of "There was a crash" cant remember it saying strictly that it self has crashed, also UI of comodo did not stop working when that happend. I disabled that anti cheat software so im guesing i wont be seeing crashes anymore, but if i do, il take screenshots and put it up here.
Thanks for your help!

Offline kyl

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 06:50:39 AM »
try to add rules for that vanguard driver maybe that'll help

Offline Stiletto86

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2021, 08:40:06 AM »
Not using hips or AV from comodo, just firewall and it has rules to let it online

Offline kyl

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
maybe auto-containment rule to ignore, there might be something to interact with that driver

Offline liosant

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • GOD cure me epilepsy and atrophy - Sou brasileiro!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »
How did you determine CIS was crashing when your crash dump points to vgk.sys which is the vanguard anti-cheat driver?
install valorant and start the game with PC clean (without other softwares, only the windows), PC restart and bluescreen...

Offline Stiletto86

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
Its known that valorant anticheat software is absurd and overly aggressive , it also runs on system 24/7. I only have it installed for gf when i go to sleep earlier then her, so il just enable service when she wants to play which is not often.

Also as i said i dont use any comodo parts except firewall it self, no hips, no auto containment, antivirus etc... just pure firewall which has allowing rule for valorant and its anticheat.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 12:23:35 PM by Stiletto86 »

Offline kyl

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 09:27:47 PM »
if this issue still present try these

If this fits your problem, and you have Comodo security suite software installed.

Go to Settings -> Advanced Protection -> Miscellaneous -> Don't detect shellcode injections in these applications

Add the following to the exception list

<Installation drive>\Riot Games\VALORANT\live\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe

C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgc.exe

:P0l

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValorantTechSupport/comments/mhmtvy/psa_fix_game_silently_crashing_not_launching_with/

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2021, 03:25:18 AM »
Unfortunately HIPS can't be disabled completely (permanently) anymore like it was in older CIS versions.

Offline kyl

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 03:39:54 AM »
Unfortunately HIPS can't be disabled completely (permanently) anymore like it was in older CIS versions.

?

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2021, 04:01:11 AM »
?

See here: https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-284-3036-General-Settings.html

and search for "Deactivate Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart)-" in the GUI window and in the help text which explains what the setting does.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek