Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security Premium 11 - Alerts  (Read 396 times)

Offline nickp226

Comodo Internet Security Premium 11 - Alerts
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:41:46 AM »
I have Comodo Internet Security Premium 11. Please let me know what the default timeouts and default actions are if I miss to respond to CIS alerts if I didn't specifically set up any timeouts and default actions for CIS alerts.

Offline kyl

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security Premium 11 - Alerts
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:53:33 AM »
if alerts pass and you cant react you can also change from settings hips rules containment rules set up default actions
ı dont know anything about timeouts

Offline nickp226

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:01:02 PM »
I was looking for the information about all types of alerts (antivirus, hips, firewall) and just for the info related to hips alerts.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:50:26 PM »
Under CIS Settings you can change the time out settings of the AV, Firewall and HIPS.

Under the AV settings you can change the default behaviour of how the AV should respond. I have disabled the AV to automatically do anything.

When you are not answering Firewall or HIPS alert they will block. It is part of the Default Deny architecture of CIS.

Offline nickp226

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
AV, Firewall, and HIPS setting only allow to change the default timeout. What are the default timeouts and the default actions? How can you change the default actions?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 01:59:31 PM »
To get control over the alerts you have to uncheck "Do not show pop up alerts" of the AV, Firewall and HIPS. Then you will get the choice what to do.

Offline nickp226

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 02:21:16 PM »
I would like the alerts to come up and I would like to know what the default timeouts and the default actions are and how to change the default actions. I know that there is CIS configuration file(s) (CIS "Configuration" screen in CIS "Settings" that allows to import/export configuration file(s) with ".cfgx" extention) which looks like an XML format file. The settings that I'm looking for maybe in that file but I don't have a documentation on that file.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 04:16:46 PM »
If you go into the Settings menu you will see that the default time out is 120s. It can be set to a maximum of 999s.

The cfgx files are very much self explanatory. They are an export of what is stored in the registry. When you import a config file it gets stored in the registry.

Offline nickp226

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 09:22:11 PM »
I see. So, the value in the grayed out box is the default timeout. But what are the default actions? Some entries in ".cfgx" file list DefaultAction="some numeric value" (ex: DefaultAction="1") but there are no notations nor identifications in the ".cfgx" file indicating what those numeric values stand for. What those numeric values stand for? Are there any documents from Comodo that identify what those numeric values stand for? Are there any documentation from Comodo on ".cfgx" file?

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »
No you can't change the default action when you don't answer an alert, you can only set the default action CIS should take when you enable Do not show popup alerts.

Offline nickp226

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 10:33:39 AM »
I know that I can't change the default action when I don't answer an alert. I would like to know what the default actions are when alerts are not answered.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:02:10 AM »

When you are not answering Firewall or HIPS alert they will block. It is part of the Default Deny architecture of CIS.
The AV will quarantine by default .

Offline nickp226

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »
Thank you. But are there any documentation from Comodo related to ".cfgx" file (Comodo configuration file) or any part(s) of that file?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 12:39:30 PM »
There is no documentation about the cfgx file.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek