Author Topic: Chrome browser prompt  (Read 3659 times)

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo Loves me
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
Re: Chrome browser prompt
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2019, 10:39:39 PM »
UPDATE: I have had a reply back from Comodo via a support ticket.

They say that they have found the reason for this and that it is caused by a Google Certificate change. They say that they are also ready with a fix for it and this will be released in the next Comodo update.

Offline Dumper1

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 04:26:12 AM »

They say that they have found the reason for this and that it is caused by a Google Certificate change. They say that they are also ready with a fix for it and this will be released in the next Comodo update.

Excellent, thanks for the update.
Avast Free - 19.3.2369 - Comodo 11.0.0.6744 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 8GB Ram.

Offline eBatch

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 06:54:54 AM »
Win7 Home x86
Avast Free AV
Comodo Free FW

Since updating Chrome to latest version (72.0.3626.81,  previously was 71........), Comodo FW (11.0.0.6744) is reporting "chrome.exe is trying to change the current settings of your browser" (see attached image). Well, it hardly seems surprising to me that chrome.exe is trying to change its own settings.

If I click "Keep current browser settings", the Comodo pop-up occurs repeatedly throughout the day, whereas if I click "Change current browser settings" the pop-up only appears once per day.

I can see that under Comodo's Advanced Settings, Advanced Protection, Miscellaneous one can un-check "Show alerts in case any other software attempts to modify settings of installed browsers". But doing so is by no means ideal.

It seems as if Comodo is treating chrome.exe as "any other software", when maybe it should not be.

I cannot see any other, more granular, means of allowing chrome.exe to permanently update its own settings.

Does Comodo (or its database) need updating or something else?

Offline blackkatt

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »
Have the same issue. Doesn't matter if I select change or keep. I have Chrome as Default browser so who ever said that was the cause its not ...

BTW, what kind of advice is this coming from a moderator. To turn off a useful future to fix a bug???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:23:40 PM by blackkatt »

Offline blackkatt

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2019, 03:26:21 PM »

Sweet! thanks for taking the time to submit a ticket. It's a looooong process that is  88)

Offline vladimir.semenov

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Family Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »
Hi Everyone.

New CIS version with the fix will be released shortly (I mean really shortly :) ), I'll post the link to announcement here as soon as new CIS is available for download.

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo Loves me
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2019, 04:35:42 PM »
Brill, thanks Vladimir!

Offline David27

• Steam
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2019, 06:22:29 PM »
Is the update installed automatically, can we look for updates?

Offline pete_cf

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one who's dealing with this, and that ya'll found the problem and are fixing it :) Tried both keep and change to the options, still keeps coming up, it was driving me nuts.

Offline iamme99

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2019, 01:42:21 AM »
Well!  I started this thread and went back and forth with PLOGET across 11 posts until others started confirming this problem.  Now looks like the problem has been identified and a fix will be made available. Hallelujah!

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
Chrome browser alert settings change at every PC start.
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 05:34:00 AM »
Hi, since a week Comodo is alerting me about Chrome browser settings changes every time i turn on the PC.

I set Comodo for alerting me when some program try to change browser settings. I tried to reinstall Chrome but this issue persist i also resetted Chrome to the default settings, unistalled and reinstalled Comodo.

Any suggestion on what can i do? I have to turn the browser settings alert off? I am also not finding where this settings is. Can i exude only Chrome?

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2019, 07:02:10 AM »
I have the same issue: Comodo is alerting browser changes (Chrome) on every PC start.
I tried to download the RC version posted by futuretech but the online download give errors 404 when setup are run... also need really to re-install Comodo?

If the actual Comodo version has issue an update should be released by the program itself...

Offline Ploget

• Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • Traditional Protection
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 07:28:03 AM »
You have to modify the Hosts File as below . .
Online Setup Details:
In order to install online setups, please ensure you have following entries in Windows hosts (c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) file:
Code: [Select]
178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com
I have the same issue: Comodo is alerting browser changes (Chrome) on every PC start.
I tried to download the RC version posted by futuretech but the online download give errors 404 when setup are run... also need really to re-install Comodo?

If the actual Comodo version has issue an update should be released by the program itself...
Ploget

Win10x64 Pro 1809 (17763.529) x 3
Win7x64 Pro x 2
CIS v.12.0.0.6818 & CCAV v.2.0.470195.867
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
'If you think you are too small to make a difference; try sleeping with a Mosquito'

Offline peopleinside

• Comodo's Hero
  • Passionate Security
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »
Thanks, fixed with the new release.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek