Author Topic: Alternate Data Stream ":$CmdTcID:$DATA"  (Read 19462 times)

Offline Inked

Re: Alternate Data Stream ":$CmdTcID:$DATA"
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 12:19:27 AM »
Thanks for that ;)

Is running v7 still as secure as running v8?

Anyone ??

Offline Inked

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »
ok so has anyone used  Online Armor Free firewall?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »
You can safely use v7. Change the security settings from CIS following Chiron's recommendations as described in his article How to Install Comodo Firewall and be safe.

Offline Inked

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 06:36:53 AM »
CIS 7 can be downloaded here.

Merry Christmas and happy no ADS! ;)

Is there a link for just the firewall?

Offline Inked

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 06:38:05 AM »
You can safely use v7. Change the security settings from CIS following Chiron's recommendations as described in his article How to Install Comodo Firewall and be safe.

Why don't comodo just fix this problem and then there wouldn't be a need to look for another firewall ?

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:29 AM »

Why don't comodo just fix this problem and then there wouldn't be a need to look for another firewall ?
I would not actually call it a fixed, but the recent Beta release does allow you to disable it.

They have been changes in the way it actually works if you do not disable it, but it has not been confirmed it is fixed.

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline wdfghdfghdf

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 04:59:28 PM »
The problem is, that this behaviour changes the "Last Change"-timestamp, causing Problems with syncing/backup-Tools.

Even with COMODO 8 shut down (not disabled) this does still occcur.

Worst thing is, that I cut & pasted some files - now I can not recover the old timestamp probably?!

I dont like the new GUI anyway - But I think as soon as I have some spare time I will look for another Firewall software.......

Offline wdfghdfghdf

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 08:44:18 AM »
What is the current state of the ADS-issue?
I'm pretty annoyed by CIS 7 bugging me with "please update"-Messages all the time..... - and also for safety reasons it's not a good solution to use a version of a software that is no longer supported.....

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 10:20:35 AM »
Then simply disable the automatic look up of the program update or disable the ADS tracking in in CIS v 8.2. No security issue with the latter solution.

Offline wdfghdfghdf

Re: CIS/CES 8 adds ADS to files which remain present if files distributed [M1367]
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:12 AM »
Actually I posted i the other thread first, but then I saw that there is an official "known bug".
So by standard config of 8.2 ADS is still used, breaking the ability to use sync tools?!

thank you.

Offline wdfghdfghdf

sry, I dont see a way to edit here. If so, how can I disable ADS "feature" ?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Untick Enable file source tracking:
Enable file source tracking – If enabled, CIS will decide whether to sandbox a file based on file source, reputation  and location. If disabled, sandbox decisions are based only on file reputation and location. (Default = Enabled)

Offline wdfghdfghdf

Ok thank you.
And disabling safely works now? because with the older Version I tried to disable, but on copy operations the ADS was still added.

BTW: As it breaks sync tools, I think this should be default disabled and only used by users, that know what they do.

Offline Sixtyfour

• Comodo Member
Yes, with CIS 8.2 the ADS does not appear when you uncheck the box "Enable file source tracking" in the Auto-sandbox settings.

Offline wdfghdfghdf

How I can I reamove the ADS? Some files like system files do not even allow the admin to remove the ADS (via sysinternals streams and Admin-cmd)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek