What can i do to fix "The Network Firewall is not functioning properly" ?

Q:
My System Status Shows: The Network Firewall is not functioning properly !
What can i do to fix this ?

This FAQ is for Windows XP only.

A:
First you can try to the “Run Diagnostics”.

If that finds the problem it will respond with:
The diagnostics utility has found some problems with your installation,
would you like to fix them ?"

Press YES to let diagnostics fix the problem, you will get a message that you have to reboot to finally fix it.

If that DOES NOT FIND a problem we have to take a further look at the system.

[attachment deleted by admin]

If diagnostics did not fix your problem we have to check a few things.

First let’s see if the driver is available on the filesystem, open a command box (start > run > cmd > ENTER) and type the following:

dir c:\windows\system32\drivers\inspect.sys (Press ENTER)

This should NOT result in a “File Not Found

If it’s not there use the following command in the command-box to copy it back:

copy “c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\repair\inspect.sys” c:\windows\system32\drivers\inspect.sys (Press ENTER)

Overwrite c:\windows\system32\drivers\inspect.sys? (Yes/No/All): Yes (Press ENTER)

After the copy reboot your system and see if it works now.

If the File exists we have to check the Windows Eventlog to see if there is a clue there:

Open the windows eventviewer (Start > Run > Eventvwr > ENTER) and go to the system logfile.
Please check if there are “Error” messages from “Service Control Manager”
with EventID 7000 or 7026.

If EventID 7000 is shown see the previous post, it would suggest a missing driver.
If EventID 7026 is shown the driver is there but windows failed to load it during system boot.

We can blindly copy inspect.sys from the \repair folder or we can check to see if the Checksum matches.

To do so you have to have for example sha1sum.exe on your system, you can download it here:
[url=http://ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe]ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe[/url]

Run it against c:\windows\system32\drivers\inspect.sys and c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\repair\inspect.sys and see if the hashes matches, see screen shot b[/b].

If it doesn’t match use the copy command from the previous post to restore a correct version, and reboot.

If this FAQ did not help fix your problem feel free to PM me or post a message on the CIS Help Board here