Author Topic: Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products, inc CIS v5  (Read 530116 times)

Offline atamira232

Re: Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »
It worked!! Thank you so much :)

Offline Arthappens9999

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  Comodo was absolutely unhelpful, and then they want you to join Geek Buddy and pay so that I can uninstall Internet Security (which was wrecking my system).  The tool works like a charm.  I'm afraid this will be my last visit to a Comodo site, but many thanks to the tool's offer.  It worked great!!

Offline Arthappens9999

« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »
Very professional and polished product. It is a real credit to you, well done.
All the best and thanks for sharing.

The tool worked fantastically!  Comodo was no help at all, but this tool did the trick.  Thanks so much!  Why wouldn't Comodo provide this service?  Thanks again: but I don't think that I will be visiting a Comodo site in the future.

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
It worked!! Thank you so much :)
The tool worked fantastically!  Comodo was no help at all, but this tool did the trick.  Thanks so much!  Why wouldn't Comodo provide this service?

Your Most Welcome! and Thank you for taking your time and providing a thank you :)

Next Version will be out within a few months

Comodo's Built-in Uninstallers are perfect as is, Some times there are issues where the OS or other programs Cripple the Built-in Uninstallers thus that is one of the reason i've built this tool

Thanks
Thanks....Jake

Please Follow The Forum Rules!

Offline dandv

Didn't do anything
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2011, 05:32:02 AM »
Thanks for developing this tool, as I see that some Comodo products don't come with an uninstaller (!)

However, the tool didn't work for me (Win7 Pro 64-bit). I ran it as administrator, typed I acknowledge the risks, then the console window closed and Comodo is still installed.

Also, +1 for renaming the tool to "Comodo Uninstall Tool". Just "Uninstall tool" is too vague. Same for the executable, and the .zip archive (Setup.zip is super vague).

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »
CIS comes with an unistaller tool this tool is for situations not covered by the uninstaller.

The tool is not made and tested with x64 in mind. I will reply in the other topic.

Next time, please don't cross post. Information is now scattered over two topics.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 07:09:40 AM by EricJH »

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2011, 08:09:06 PM »

However, the tool didn't work for me (Win7 Pro 64-bit). I ran it as administrator, typed I acknowledge the risks, then the console window closed and Comodo is still installed.

Hello;

This is a strange event, You when the console window appears you enter '1' without the '' and hit enter, As this tool is made with x64 in mind it hasn't been tested with 64bit installations fully.

Also, +1 for renaming the tool to "Comodo Uninstall Tool". Just "Uninstall tool" is too vague. Same for the executable, and the .zip archive (Setup.zip is super vague).
I will start working on a newer version soon!
The name will be Clean-Up Tool for Comodo Products or Toolkit for Comodo Products (as it will be more than a clean-up tool. and As for the Executable name will be also changed depending on the name.

Thanks for your feedback

Jake
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:13:07 PM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »
As stated above i'm starting to work on the new version will allow users to beta test on request(PM Me letting me know)

I'm merging the CIS Configuration Tool Found Here but For All Products
 (Yes I know it's gonna take time but once finish it's going to be very light maintenance)

Here is a Snapshot

Feature List (New/Fixed/Updated)
New! Configuration Analysis
New! GUI Over Haul
New! Logging (Logs From When The Application Started to What the user clicked on the application, From What File was deleted to what Registry was read
New! Added All Current Products
Updated/Fixed! Removal Process/Scripts
New! Updater (Updates the Database so you have the latest file locations/Registry Locations of Current and past Products

Jake

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:52:10 AM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:46 AM »
I like that dialogue box. It is really slick.

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »
I like that dialogue box. It is really slick.
Thanks....Jake

Offline sometime

• Comodo Member
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2011, 12:40:06 PM »
Sometimes it happens that you can't connect to the internet after uninstalling,

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present?  Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

After using Jacob's uninstaller, I too cannot connect to the internet. I followed your instructions to uninstall the Comodo Firewall driver, but I still can't connect! I've only got 'limited access' to the network. I also noticed that I can no longer access the Internet Protocol Version 4 properties in the window from which I uninstalled Comodo Firewall driver. (Edit: Never mind about the Protocol Version 4 properties issue. Turns out I just just didn't have the box next that setting ticked. I can access the properties now, but I'm still working on the internet connection.)

Can someone please help me connect to the internet again? I'm thankful for Jacob's uninstaller, and I acknowledge that using it came with risks, but I hope that this whole uninstalling Comodo fiasco hasn't permanently stuffed up my internet connection.

Edit: Solved the internet issue! All I had to do was make sure that all the boxes were ticked in the Wireless Network Connection Properties (I had unticked them when uninstalling Comodo Firewall driver.) So there was no issue with Jacob's program :)

Also, whenever I restart the computer, I get an error message about CIS not starting properly or something. I'm planning on reinstalling CIS, so I hope that message won't conflict with my new install (because it obviously means that there are still traces of CIS floating around.)

Hello;

This is a strange event, You when the console window appears you enter '1' without the '' and hit enter, As this tool is made with x64 in mind it hasn't been tested with 64bit installations fully.

No, I think I know what dandv was talking about when they said that they typed 'I acknowledge the risks' and it didn't work, because the same thing happened to me and I have 64 bit version of Windows 7. I think it's a simple misinterpretation of your instructions in the command prompt console.

Your instructions say Enter 1: 'I acknowledge the risks'. I (and, I think, dandv) interpreted that as meaning that we should type I acknowledge the risks into the console instead of just typing 1. Maybe change it in the next version to make it clearer by making the instructions read something like:

By following this step, you acknowledge the associated risks.

To remove CIS, on your keyboard, press 1 and press Enter.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:31:47 PM by sometime »

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2011, 09:57:26 PM »
Also, whenever I restart the computer, I get an error message about CIS not starting properly or something. I'm planning on reinstalling CIS, so I hope that message won't conflict with my new install (because it obviously means that there are still traces of CIS floating around.)
Run the tool one more time in Windows Safe Mode. That will most likely do the trick.

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »
Your instructions say Enter 1: 'I acknowledge the risks'. I (and, I think, dandv) interpreted that as meaning that we should type I acknowledge the risks into the console instead of just typing 1. Maybe change it in the next version to make it clearer by making the instructions read something like:

By following this step, you acknowledge the associated risks.

To remove CIS, on your keyboard, press 1 and press Enter.

Yes, It seems confusing at times but no longer have to worry about consoles or using the keyboard on the next Version :) Please see screenshots above for what the next version will/may look like :)

Thanks for your report, The script will be updated in next version :)

Jake
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:26:41 PM by Jacob »
Thanks....Jake

Offline sometime

• Comodo Member
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2011, 08:58:15 AM »
Run the tool one more time in Windows Safe Mode. That will most likely do the trick.

By the time I read this I had already reinstalled CIS, despite the start-up message. But I wanted to try your suggestion to clear away the issue that was causing that message. So I uninstalled again using Comodo's uninstaller and then Jacob's. The message appeared after I used Comodo's, but then Jacob's cleared it away this time, if I remember correctly, even without going into Safe Mode. But I ran Jacob's in Safe Mode anyway, just in case.

Point is, it all seems to be fine now, thanks.

Offline Sterndi1

• Comodo Member
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »
Hi

Facts: For testing purpose I just wanted to de- and reinstall CIS 5.5.

1. Deinstallation failed - CIS expected another CIS_Setup.msi than the one on my system and refused deinstalling.  88)

2. After a manual registry and HDD cleanup with windows search and JV16 registry cleaner it refused to install again saying there's still another version of CIS on my PC and I should kindly deinstall that one first...  :P

3. I became angry already not wanting to do a Format C just to get CIS installed again!  >:(

4. Then I found this special CIS-uninstaller which did a good job deleting the missing files I and JV16 weren't able to find even with an aggresive registry scan - maybe there was even sth left on the HDD - I just don't know!  :-TU

5. A very big hug to the one(s) creating this CIS-uninstaller!  ;D It did a fine job for CIS_5.5 basically nothing to improve but it would be fine creating a log-file to see which damned files blocked CIS_5.5 from reinstalling.

Win7[at]32bit[at]SP1
CIS 5.12

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek