Uninstaller Tool for Comodo Products, inc CIS v5

Official uninstaller tool is now available here: Comodo Forum

Following is kept for historical/archive reasons and is superseded by above mentioned official uninstaller:

Uninstaller Tool v0.3b

Note: This tool is NOT provided by Comodo Group. Comodo Group holds no responsibility for the potential damage caused by using this tool.

Although this tool has been thoroughly tested, it is still possible that it could cause damage to your computer. Use this tool at your own risk.

This is Our Product! Let us come together and improve this application! ; Any suggestions/feedback/questions are welcome!

/// Table of Contents \\

1. Intro
  2. Instructions
  3. Disclaimers
  4. Download
  5. Bug Reporting
    6. Change Log
  6. Original Clean Up Tool For Comodo Internet Security

[anchor=id1][/anchor]Intro:

[center]This is a Community Developed Application for removing left-over files/registry entries. It should only be used if one or more of the following applies to you:
[size=11pt]
A: You Cannot Uninstall/Remove a Comodo Product
B: You Cannot Install a Comodo Product

[size=11pt]You can uninstall/remove the following products with this tool

[tr][td][table][tr][td]Product Name[/td][td][center]Which Version(s) Can Be Removed
Using This Tool[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Internet Security[/td][td]3.X-5.4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo BackUp[/td][td]3.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Dragon[/td][td]9-10.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo EasyVPN[/td][td]2.X[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo GeekBuddy[/td][td]3.X[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Programs Manager[/td][td]1.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo System Cleaner[/td][td]3.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Cloud Scanner[/td][td]2.0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo TrustConnect[/td][td]1.7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Unity[/td][td]2.X[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Memory Firewall[/td][td]1.7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Comodo Vulnerability Analyzer[/td][td]1.7[/td][/tr][/center]

• Original Script Created by Ragwing; Updated for Current/Future Versions of CIS
    ~I want to thank Ragwing for developing the original script, Thank You!~

[anchor=id2][/anchor][size=15pt]Instructions: [center]
  1. Disable Sandbox/Defense+
    (Right Click CIS Icon > Sandbox/Defense+ Security Level > Disable )
    This Will Allow The Tool To Disable and Remove CIS and Other Protected/Safe Applications without Interruptions

2. Download Application

3. Run Application (As Administrator)

4. Select Product You Wish To Uninstall/Remove

[anchor=id3][/anchor]Disclaimer:

Note: This tool is NOT provided by Comodo Group. Comodo Group holds no responsibility for the potential damage caused by using this tool.

Although this tool has been thoroughly tested, it is still possible that it could cause damage to your computer. Use this tool at your own risk.

Pure and Simple! Comodo(Comodo Group) has no relation to this product; It’s a community Developed Product; Use at your own risk!

[anchor=id4][/anchor]Download: [url=https://sites.google.com/site/jacobcprt/Setup.zip?attredirects=0&d=1]Link: Google Sites[/url] (Hosting v0.3b)

File Name: Setup.zip
Size: 5,075,834 (5.0 MB)
SHA1: CCA2EA280790C43E1098D0604311DB4A027F00A0
MD5: 33B0932C8C9BF6BDE0B3544DFB98AA7D

[anchor=id5][/anchor]Bug Reports: Please Report Any and All Issues to Jacob - [url=https://forums.comodo.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=62244]PM[/url]
[anchor=id6][/anchor]Change Log: [b]0.2[/b] Fixed! Did not run under windows 7/vista Improved! Dragon Script Improved! CIS Script For New Version Improved! CSC Script Added! CPM Script

Added! Support For Legacy Applications (LivePCSupport, CVA, Memory Firewall, Cloud Scanner)
Changed! Portable - No More Installations
Added! Comodo Unity
Improved! CIS Script

0.3b
Fixed! Shortcuts in Start Menu
Improved! Start up Time
Improved! Unity Script

Current Bugs:
None

[/td][/tr][/table]

Very professional and polished product. It is a real credit to you, well done.
All the best and thanks for sharing.

Still a lot of work to do

:slight_smile: but thank you! please don’t be afraid to report any issues or questions or criticism

Kind Regards

Nice job, Jacob :-TU

Thanks…so is it safe enough,to use?

Yes; So Far 513 People Downloaded it; Non has complained!

I’m continually testing it on newer products and making updates as needed
So Far; It works on all the products currently except i have yet to test it on the new version of Unite and Programs Manager.

I have more improvements to make as you can see under the change log

As a Reminder: This is not to replace the built-in Uninstaller (Please Run The Built-In Uninstallers First!)

Jacob
King Regards

I full heartedly say so. It targets only file and registry keys belonging to Comodo products. It does not use any type of estimations or heuristics.

I had some problems updating to the latest version (from 5.3 to 5.4). I decided to do clean install of the new version to avoid any further problems. My question is, should I use this little app after uninstalling to clean up all the remaining files and registry entries?

Thanks.

Yes; After Uninstall CIS via Add/Remove Programs | Programs and Features Then You Can Use this App;

Newer Version Should Be Out Mid Next Week

May i Ask what OS you are using?

Kind Regards

Thank you for your quick reply and for this nice little app.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Your Welcome, Let Me Know If you have any problems or comments about it :slight_smile:

I’ll do so. I’ll be doing the “cleanup” tomorrow.

Ok Thank You SuperUser :slight_smile:

Jacob,

The Uninstaller Tool ran smooth and did the cleanup without any problems. I used it to cleanup after uninstalling Comodo Firewall 5.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate. As I mentioned before for some reason I had a problem installing the newer version (5.4) over the existing installation (5.3). Even after uninstalling 5.3 I was still unable to install 5.4. After running this app I was able to install the newer version without any problems.

Observations:

When the UT 0.3b was cleaning there were a lot of “can’t find or failed to find entry/file…?” or something similar in the scrolling text in CMD window (the text was scrolling pretty fast). I guess that’s due to the fact that the Comodo’s built-in uninstaller had already removed those entries/files. And also because I had only the firewall portion installed and not the entire CIS suite. Either way UT was looking for entries/files that were already removed or didn’t exist from the beginning that’s why I think it was reporting that it couldn’t find this and that. Of course that would mean that this is not a problem with the app.

Suggestions:

Since you say first to use the Comodo’s built-in uninstaller and then this little app perhaps it would be more appropriate to name it “Comodo Products Cleanup Tool” instead of “Uninstaller Tool”? Although it can be used as an uninstaller its primary function is cleanup, right? Not to mention that the name “Uninstaller Tool” is kinda vague.

Another small suggestion would be an after-cleanup log in a txt format. Since this is a portable app this log would have to be generated in the apps current/active folder. A message at the end of cleanup would indicate were the log.txt was created. Or, since you already have a message at the end of the cleanup “this windows will close in 10 seconds”, you could have a popup message after the CMD window closes giving the user the option to open the log.txt file. There are people that like to see what exactly was deleted/removed during a cleanup.

I have no other suggestions/observations. The UI is clean and functional and it looks like this little app does what it was designed to do. Nice work.

+1

Another small suggestion would be an after-cleanup log in a txt format. Since this is a portable app this log would have to be generated in the apps current/active folder. A message at the end of cleanup would indicate were the log.txt was created. Or, since you already have a message at the end of the cleanup "this windows will close in 10 seconds", you could have a popup message after the CMD window closes giving the user the option to open the log.txt file. There are people that like to see what exactly was deleted/removed during a cleanup.

I have no other suggestions/observations. The UI is clean and functional and it looks like this little app does what it was designed to do. Nice work.

+10 for a log file to see what was deleted and what not.

Hello SuperUser,

I will change the Name to Comodo Products Clean Up Tool
I agree with ya there :slight_smile:

Regards to the log, I will have the log ability in 0.4, I do think it’s a great idea; I’ll try to work on it, expect a new release later this week, on the account I’m also looking for a job; so I can’t work on it as much as i wish i could;

I’m developing a new version of the “Configuration Analysis Tool”, It’s actually taking up most of my “Free” time;

Thanks for the Comments, I’ll take your ideas and implement them into the next version as well as I will take out the Text in the CMD log and put them in the GUI so it look a bit better and the user doesn’t have to look at the black and white window.

Later on Maybe 1.0 I will take out the batch files completely and Use C++ Alone which will reduce the size below 1MB Haven’t decided or not

If you have any more ideas please share :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Please advise if it is feasible to run this Clean Up script in Safe Mode to improve the removal of Comodo remnants which otherwise might continue to remain because of :-
Comodo remnants that may still be protecting themselves and/or other remnants ;
Anything else (Windows services/permissions/whatnot) that may also impede removal.

I have both 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1
and “mothballed” 32 bit Dual Boot XP + SP3 Home and W7 Ultimate.

Regards
Alan

That’s an interesting road map Jacob. :-TU

This tool is to be used after you have used the built-in uninstallers then a Restart, You may use it in safe mode if you wish; It’s compatible to do so, It has no dependencies that are required to be running

I’ll also may prompt the user in next version 0.4

Thanks Eric! , If you have any comments or features please don’t be afraid :stuck_out_tongue:

When feature requests come to mind I will let you know.