Author Topic: Completely Comodo  (Read 13258 times)

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Completely Comodo
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:09:38 PM »
Hi Comodo Forum users,

I am now completely relying on Comodo Products and use all available Comodo Desktop products, just see my signature.

Also see my post on the avast! user forums about changing to comodo.

My Post at the avast! user forums can be viewed [size=12]HERE[/size]

Warm Regards,

Justin1278

(L)

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Completely Comodo
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »
Hi Justin1278,

As another avast! user who switched to Comodo myself, I have to say I agree with your post on the avast! forums.
I also have started using Comodo as my main protection and know I will never go back with how these products are developing and the way in which Comodo staff and the CEO Melih are so active to respond to users' posts.

(B) (J)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:25:20 PM by mike6688 »
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:36:36 PM »
Thank you Mike,

I have 1 request it is your choice to fulfill it or not. Do you think you could post your comments in my post in the avast! forums? As you saw with my post, I have nothing against the users, it is just how some of them act, and how Alwil supports people, I payed $40 for avast! Professional and I can't call avast! because I am not a commercial user! I am just a Home user who bought the pro program. I have nothing against the users so I left my e-mail so they can contact me if they need support.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:39:23 PM by justin1278 »

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:38:33 PM »
Yes justin1278, I would be more than happy to do that - I'll do it straight away.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:41:23 PM by mike6688 »
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:39:59 PM »
Thank you very much Mike :D.

Offline JimmyD

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 01:57:27 PM »
I am now completely relying on Comodo Products and use all available Comodo Desktop products, just see my signature.
Is the AV really ready for prime time at this point?

timcan

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
Thank you Mike,

As you saw with my post, I have nothing against the users, it is just how some of them act, and how Alwil supports people, I payed $40 for avast! Professional and I can't call avast! because I am not a commercial user! I am just a Home user who bought the pro program. I have nothing against the users so I left my e-mail so they can contact me if they need support.

Hi justin, I also have read your post at avast! forums. I too don't post very often but do still read on a regular basis.I also have a valid license  for the pro version of avast that isn't being used.I won't give details here as to why I'm not using it anymore.
  I wish you well here with the forums and mainly the great products.  Tim

(C4)

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:47:26 PM »
Tim,

I don't plan on using avast! again, I gave my pro license away to a buddy so it will be used and not wasted. I will check up on the forum members, after all I don't have anything against the members.

Regards,

Justin

(C4)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:54:46 PM »

Jimmy

I can't put my hand on heart say its the best AntiVirus! It still needs improvement and we know what we need to improve. Weekly basis its getting better and better! and It won't stop getting better!

Melih

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
Comodo is doing their best to collect more and more virus samples and add them to Comodo Antivirus. Give it some time ;).

Regards,

Justin

Offline davidpr

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 08:50:07 AM »
Justin, a surprise to read what you said over at Avast and here. I think you are correct though and I am expecting great things from Comodo over the next year.

David.

Offline System

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »

CAV only has a total 27% Detection Rate from av-comparatives.org (see here).  It's not exactly a full antivirus yet.  I only recommend CAV to my tech friends who like to test out stuff.   

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 01:17:53 PM »
CAV only has a total 27% Detection Rate from av-comparatives.org (see here).  It's not exactly a full antivirus yet.  I only recommend CAV to my tech friends who like to test out stuff.   
I agree that CAV is not a full AV yet. But even with the well-known antivirus products you will never have a total protection.

The only 3 ways to achive it are:
1. use a virtual machine when you navigate or
2. use "abtrusion protector" or
3. use linux and not windows

(L)

Offline Staind

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 01:22:48 PM »

As they have stated though you will see increasing virus updates over the next few weeks as they bring these updates online.

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 01:27:45 PM »
Hi,

We all know Comodo doesn't have good detection, I am constantly sending in new virus samples, I actaully "hunt" down malware and send it to them which is always added. We are here to help, Melih has a complete team working on the Antivirus, and I am sending in at least 1 new sample each day! Since I started I have currently sent in 8 and am already working on Virus # 9 which will be ready soon. Oh, I have acquired a virus that most antivirus programs don't even detect! major antivirus products such as Symantec, avast!, etrust, dr. Web, and many more don't even detect this new virus threat, but Comodo does because people like me hunt down the new malware threats and send them in, although it may be 27% now don't expect it to be that low anymore, each day with our help Comodo gets better and better detection. Our goal is to get Comodo's detection unmatched!!!
Regards,

Justin

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek