Spread the Word about Dangers on the Web

Comodo.TV has recently produced a new video Dangers on the Web that helps people understand the scope and scale of the threats out there. Cyber-crime is really getting out of hand and for the most part, we don’t believe that most people have a good understanding of the dangers facing them from everyday web activities.

Watch the video yourself and P L E A S E help us spread the word! :BNC

There are tools right below the video player to send it to a friend, embed it on your blog, or add it to your facebook etc. page. If you like the video, rate it and leave a comment with your thoughts.

If you’re a YouTube user, it’s also here - please favorite it, forward it, help us with some grassroots promotion.

And what did we learn from this : Don’t speak anymore and it will make the life of malware researchers easier :wink:

You should make a video on how to PREVENT it I think. You sounded like the movie 2012 (doomsday)…

eXPerience

:-TU

Comodo is all excited about this vid. :smiley:

eXPerience:

Regarding your point below, we’ve made dozens of videos about preventing/reducing risks from malware, cyber fraud, etc., and will continue to do so.

The problem is, getting more people to pay attention to the already widespread and increasing risks they’re facing so that they feel compelled to seek better protection. Generally speaking, I’d say that personal cybersecurity awareness and concern is about as important to people as global warming or having too much fat in their diet. They know it’s out there, they know it’s not good but at best it’s important but not urgent. They’re not compelled to act. Our basic idea is the same as the anti-smoking campaigns out there talking about the number of people who contract lung cancer and other smoking-related diseases annually.

We made this video to help people (other than Internet Security experts) more aware of the dangers they’re facing. If you think there’s already a general appreciation of the risks, or that the mainstream media is doing a great job helping people understand this, I disagree.

Did you see the piece Melih did on the Botnet Firesale? Botnet rental prices are falling because there’s so much supply out there. Collectively, we’re making it too easy for the bad guys - I would argue because the average person doesn’t take it seriously enough – because they don’t understand the risks.

Pretty soon there’s going to be a mainstream 2012-type movie out there about cyber-threats. There’s too much going on in this space for the Hollywood crowd to ignore (in fact last season’s story line on 24 had a heavy dose of cyber-terrorism).

The world would be a better place if the lives of malware researchers were easier…wouldn’t it? :wink:

Bill Fallon

What a marvelous and informative video, I’d say. :smiley:

Strangely, Comodovision is banned by my college’s gateway. ???

I didn’t say you didn’t. But your videos are not specific enough in my opinion. You always talk about, don’t visit possible unsafe sites. What about making a video how you can recognise them ?
You talk don’t run possible unsafe applications. Give examples of those. How can you recognise them ? How can you be sure that they’re indeed legit or not ? get my point ?

The problem is, getting more people to pay attention to the already widespread and increasing risks they're facing so that they feel compelled to seek better protection. Generally speaking, I'd say that personal cybersecurity awareness and concern is about as important to people as global warming or having too much fat in their diet. They know it's out there, they know it's not good but at best it's important but not urgent. They're not compelled to act. Our basic idea is the same as the anti-smoking campaigns out there talking about the number of people who contract lung cancer and other smoking-related diseases annually.
True, but you're almost making people so scared that they don't want to surf the internet anymore. You see, in my country Belgium, 1/3 doesn't have a computer yet. One of the most important reasons were that the people were afraid of virusses. Your video aint doing them any good either.
We made this video to help people (other than Internet Security experts) more aware of the dangers they're facing. If you think there's already a general appreciation of the risks, or that the mainstream media is doing a great job helping people understand this, I disagree. Did you see the piece Melih did on the [url=http://www.comodovision.com/home-computing/fire-sale-on-botnet-rentals-makes-you-less-safe-online/]Botnet Firesale[/url]? Botnet rental prices are falling because there's so much supply out there. Collectively, we're making it too easy for the bad guys - I would argue because the average person doesn't take it seriously enough -- because they don't understand the risks.
Haha, if they would, would companies like Norton still be happy ? they would lose money. You're fighting the big guys, but you need to know that the big guys are happy that there is malware. that the big guys are happy that people get infected. That the big guys are happy that people are scared. It's all $$$. So it will be darn hard to change that attitude.
Pretty soon there's going to be a mainstream 2012-type movie out there about cyber-threats. There's too much going on in this space for the Hollywood crowd to ignore (in fact last season's story line on 24 had a heavy dose of cyber-terrorism).
That will be a movie I'll happily [s]download[/s] see.
The world [u]would[/u] be a better place if the lives of malware researchers were easier...wouldn't it? ;)
Well, they chose for it. I guess it's better to be in the marketing department ;)

best regards,
eXPerience

So much security info that they are afraid. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Who is the network admin? Maybe he is a Comodo-hater :P)

These are good points - we will do something like this

Use WOT.

A competitor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Must be [regarding the info]. If the network admin share my viewpoint on corporate security setups then they know they’re ■■■■■■■ lol.
!ot! Symantec has a real Achilles’s heel with USB threats especially. Ninja Pendisk! does the job dang well but definition updates are non-existent or only come with a very rare version update to the app itself.

Back on topic: The admin possibly being Comodo-haters is easy to grasp for me… my dad and my bro are. :frowning: I should’ve NOT introduced them to Comodo while I was still only beginning to learn it myself (way back, while CAV was still unheard-of).

Nov 22nd,09
I’ve added a Comodo section to my site and will update it whenever a new featured video is posted. The current is this one and the laptop comedy behind it. :slight_smile:
http://alpharosea.ixfree.com/comodo/

HotSpot Shield is a virus, when downloaded it installs un wanted programs and put adware all over a computer. It also downloads a system file call hssdrv.sys which crashes your computer, it also modifys the VPN and, this program is a serious threat it should not be a trusted program in anyway. PLEASE alert the community!!!

Um…there are a lot of programs that do this.