Author Topic: Please use Comodo Search  (Read 152757 times)

Offline Smallville_EZRyder

Re: Please use Comodo Search
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
actually, I believe that it did work; it just appears, after reading their site again, that they use Ask.com as their engine, how crappy is that?  I suppose they will enhance the branding so as to show Comodo instead of Ask
 (:SHY)

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
That's a relief. I thought I had messed something up on you computer.  (:LGH)
It's good to hear it's working. Don't forget to uninstall the "add to search bar" extension if you don't need it.

Yes, Comodo Search uses Ask as its engine, and it shows. But part of the money they make with the ads goes to Comodo, so that's good, even if the page does look a bit odd (non-Comodo).

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:07:49 PM by Toxteth O'Grady »

Offline Omerta_man

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »
Hello guys one tiny question.
In my Win.explorer i have two toolbar's, the ggogle one and i added Comodo (and my default page is google)
So on google toolbar i have popupp blocker on nd phishing blocker, not on comodo toolbar so im interested does it interferr with comodo toolbar? (i have comoldo safe surf on offcourse)

thnx for anny answer and this is my first post lol

Offline turnorburn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Saved by grace and grace alone
    • the4gospels.net
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 04:37:56 AM »

I have it, this entire site has products you can count on 

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
Bump.

This is a very easy way of making some money for Comodo. So everybody, at least add Comodo Search to the search bar of your browser and use it. It only takes a second to switch to another search engine  (and back) if necessary.   (:WIN)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:53:33 PM by Toxteth O'Grady »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
Hello guys one tiny question.
In my Win.explorer i have two toolbar's, the ggogle one and i added Comodo (and my default page is google)
So on google toolbar i have popupp blocker on nd phishing blocker, not on comodo toolbar so im interested does it interferr with comodo toolbar? (i have comoldo safe surf on offcourse)

thnx for anny answer and this is my first post lol

it shouldn't interfere.
thanks
Melih

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »
Bump.

This is a very easy way of making some money for Comodo. So everybody, at least add Comodo Search to the search bar of your browser and use it. It only takes a second to switch to another search engine  (and back) if necessary.   (:WIN)

Thanks for that!
yep, its easy, it helps Comodo bring even more products to market (as always we follow our Free motto!). Thank you for your support!

Melih

Offline Japo

• Autonomous Human
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good.
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »
One question, does this still work (that is does Comodo still receive cash) if instead of searching from www.comodo.com/search/ I use it from the search bar or (as is my case) from the URL bar with a keyword (à la Opera or Firefox)?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:27:18 PM by Japo »
Windows users do not disable UAC

Offline Bader40

• Comodo's Hero
  • "I have to call it an accident"
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 01:57:21 PM »
Great idea...it's now my homepage (L)
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"    Douglas Bader

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
One question, does this still work (that is does Comodo still receive cash) if instead of searching from www.comodo.com/search/ I use it from the search bar or (as is my case) from the URL bar with a keyword (à la Opera or Firefox)?

It should do, if you use the correct URL. At least, I hope so. Otherwise many of my recent searches have been for nothing (financially).  :D

Perhaps Melih can confirm this, just to make sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you using Firefox, there is a great little extension called SearchLoad Options that allows you to tweak the search bar in a number of ways. One of the options allows you to reset the search engine after each search (after a number of seconds specified by the user).

Comodo Search is my default search engine. Whenever I need to use another one, FF will automatically reset the search bar after a while. Very convenient.

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/3544
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:19:54 PM by Toxteth O'Grady »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
It should do, if you use the correct URL. At least, I hope so. Otherwise many of my recent searches have been for nothing (financially).  :D

Perhaps Melih can confirm this, just to make sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you using Firefox, there is a great little extension called SearchLoad Options that allows you to tweak the search bar in a number of ways. One of the options allows you to reset the search engine after each search (after a number of seconds specified by the user).

Comodo Search is my default search engine. Whenever I need to use another one, FF will automatically reset the search bar after a while. Very convenient.

https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/3544

yes, the search must take on our site (our url) for it to be financially beneficial to us.
thanks
Melih

Offline Japo

• Autonomous Human
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good.
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
As long as it's only the URL I guess I'm doing okay. It was in case it was also needed that the portal www.comodo.com/search/ was detected as referrer, or something.

I mean entering directly in the URL bar (usually automatically by means of a keyword) this:

http://www.ask.com/web?o=1674&l=dis&q=for+example

If any, I guess it's the "o=1674" what tells ask.com that the search comes from Comodo.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:12:00 PM by Japo »
Windows users do not disable UAC

Offline ToM-X

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 08:25:43 PM »
I would use if it was based on Google  :-\ No offense but Ask is well...not the best...Always Google!

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 11:04:04 AM »
I would use if it was based on Google  :-\ No offense but Ask is well...not the best...Always Google!

I would agree with you for the organic search results.

but over 80% of the people click on the first 3 links, which are usually sponsored links and lets be honest these "sponsor" are pretty much the same in all search engines!

Melih

Offline Toxteth O'Grady

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 11:16:10 AM »

It only takes a second to switch search engines in your search bar, in case you can't find what your looking for.  ;)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek