Author Topic: endless false virus detection  (Read 9410 times)

Offline downinahole193

endless false virus detection
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
Comodo believes with all it's artificial intelligence that every single game i try to install is a virus. I own a lot of adventure games from sites like GameHouse and BigFish Games and every single install or run process I run is detected as a virus. I added the game manager application to the safe files list, but I can't do that with the install files because they're only temporary ones, but holy crap this is a pain in the ass. I'm reporting them all as false detections in the hopes that you put out a patch or something that recognizes the safe nature of files from this site. I cannot be the only Comodo customer who is having this kind of issue. That is all. Thanks for at least letting me allow them anyway though, that's why I switched to your product in the first place =>.

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
Re: endless false virus detection
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
In any events which include false positives, you should get a second opinion from an antivirus without a guard. So you can use it just for these cases, without problems between these programs.

Its important to do it before you might clean a "finding". But also before you decide to keep such a file.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there has been no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen.
But there wasnt a phone...."

Offline redwolfe_98

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
i would suggest that you disable your computer's realtime-protection when installing programs.. that would resolve the problem.. i always disable my computer's realtime-protection when installing programs..
win xpsp3, windows firewall, antivir 10 premium, system safety monitor, regdefend

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:10:43 PM »
This is what i suspect,
  Is it the adware that some games get packed with or I suspect it's the anti-cheating modules files (which tends to act like a rootkit in the game???  maybe
I know anti-cheating modules constantly change

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek