Author Topic: character selection process  (Read 32650 times)

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
Re: character selection process
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 05:27:27 AM »
Hi John,

Okay, I think I get your point on the purpose of those characters (cop, FBI and such). I have this idea of using the dragon as the character. The dragon serves as the guardian and virus eliminator for the PC. For example, when you start the CAVS scanning for your PC, you can have the dragon saying "Searching for virus and unwanted files" while in a flying animation where it looks down as if searching for something.

Or perhaps when virus is detected, it can say "Virus/ Intruder/ Unwanted files detected" in a sitting position. Next, it can say, "What do you wish to do master?". The options could possibly be "Incinerate them (Delete)" or "Cure them(repair files)" or "Eat them and store them in your stomach (Quarantine)". Seriously, I love to have the idea of a pet dragon in my tray protecting me from the pesky thiefs and arsonists in my computer.

John, if you buy my idea, I am more than willing to provide you with the cheesy phrases. If however you think this idea is not viable, just let me know and move on. No offence will be taken here.  ;)

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 05:36:24 AM »
Well, why not use both?
For example a cop followed by a tiny dragon instead of a dog. The cop tells to the dragon, to search and and destroy (malwares I mean). The dragon eliminates the threats with his flaming breath, and the cop reports something like "comodo guardian eliminated all the threats".

Offline BullHorn

• Comodo's Hero
  • Nexus23
    • Nexus23 Corp. Ltd.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 05:38:15 AM »
Sounds cute. (:LGH)

It could work, who knows.
Windows XP SP2
Comodo Personal Firewall 3.0.7.208
NOD32 2.7

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 05:56:24 AM »
Based on the idea of cop & tiny dragon can follow other animations like the cop that tries alone to eliminate the threats and when he realizes he can't beat them calls "Comodo I need help". The dragon appears,eliminates everything and the cop says
"I can always count on comodo" or
"Comodo saved me" and so on...

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 11:00:13 AM »
Well, why not use both?
For example a cop followed by a tiny dragon instead of a dog. The cop tells to the dragon, to search and and destroy (malwares I mean). The dragon eliminates the threats with his flaming breath, and the cop reports something like "comodo guardian eliminated all the threats".

Yup,

I think that would be a good idea too. But what I would like to see is that both the characters in a more realistic light. However, as I mentioned above, if it is too difficult to be done, just forget it.

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Online mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
Based on the idea of cop & tiny dragon can follow other animations like the cop that tries alone to eliminate the threats and when he realizes he can't beat them calls "Comodo I need help". The dragon appears,eliminates everything and the cop says
"I can always count on comodo" or
"Comodo saved me" and so on...

I like this, could be cool.  I think the cop is the best out of the characters, but a dragon would be a nice addition.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 02:53:07 PM »
I like this, could be cool.  I think the cop is the best out of the characters, but a dragon would be a nice addition.

Mike

I agree with that.

Offline john mcdermott

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:13 AM »
hi guys

great input and again some good ideas in there, for now i have the designers working on the cop model improving his design and designing a range of animations, poses and cycles.

i'll update you all as soon as we have them.

thanks

(:CLP)

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 03:45:36 AM »
hi guys

great input and again some good ideas in there, for now i have the designers working on the cop model improving his design and designing a range of animations, poses and cycles.

thanks

No problem, I'm glad to be in the team.  :D

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Online mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 06:34:59 AM »
hi guys

thanks

Ok great.  Thanks John.  ;)

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
hi guys

thanks

Excellent! Look forward for the new characters!

Offline john mcdermott

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2006, 11:17:57 AM »
hi guys

we have been working on the S.W.A.T based character set, alhtough very much in development you can catch a peak by downloading this file

your feedback as always welcome

(:TNG)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006, 11:20:24 AM »
hi guys

we have been working on the S.W.A.T based character set, alhtough very much in development you can catch a peak by downloading this file

Like it  ;)

Mike

Offline DoomScythe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 04:17:09 AM »
hi guys

It seems fine to me. Just make it a little more realistic.  :)

Yours truly,
DoomScythe

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 07:29:50 PM »
It looks great. (:CLP)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek