ATT: ADMIN. Signature link spammers

I was wondering if you approved of your product being advertised on sites through the signature function?
Is the following an actual approved site as claimed? PositiveSSL | Buy Cheap Comodo Positive SSL at $7.02

Can you give me example of sites where this is happening? I am not quite sure what you mean. It would help to understand if I see the advertisements.

It is where members use the signature function to advertise their wares.
Example here; getting-started - Pendrive Access in Linux | DaniWeb
You can see the two links in his sig where he is hoping that bots find them.

While I have no idea if Comodo has any sorts of rules resellers have to follow in regards to advertising, I know they can’t possibly police every forum on the internet.

It is up to the forum in question to decide if such advertising tactics are permissible. Profile spamming is definitely not allowed on this forum.

So, Comodo have zero input on how it’s name is traded over the net?

If Comodo permits sites to sell their product, surely they must put a terms of service on it?

Comodo may soon become known as a spammer if this practice becomes widespread and will cheapen the name of Comodo, imo.

That is not what HeffeD was saying. He says he doesn’t know whether there are such guidelines and using common sense he states that enforcing such guidelines can never be 100% guaranteed.

HeffeD and I are moderators. We are volunteers and are not working for Comodo. Comodo staff can be recognised because they have the Comodo Staff avatar.

If Comodo permits sites to sell their product, surely they must put a terms of service on it?

Comodo may soon become known as a spammer if this practice becomes widespread and will cheapen the name of Comodo, imo.

In my view it would reflect negatively on a Certificate Authority. This is my opinion and as such does not reflect Comodo’s point of view on this. I am not an employee and have no knowledge about Comodo’s policies and procedures nor am I a spokesperson for Comodo.

No worries. Hopefully someone from above gets to hear about it and approves/disapproves of the practice :).

I notified the CEO about your findings and this topic.

Cheers. I would hate for Comodo’s good name be spoiled by sig spammers.

I realize this post is 2 months old but, I wanted to say that it gets worse:

https://forums.comodo.com/how-can-i-help-comodo-please-we-need-you/why-is-comodo-paying-affiliates-to-send-spam-marketing-comodo-products-t85934.0.html

I personally don’t understand why a company like comodo would PAY people to advertise for them and NOT care how it’s done (illegal spam, legal board posts or signatures, etc).

Would comodo pay someone to put their logo with “creating trust online” onto each of 500 bricks, and have them thrown through 500 storefront windows? Of course not, people would hate comodo.

Then why pay people to send unsolicited bulk commercial email advertising comodo products?

Please don’t cross post bryonh.