PrivDog and Chromium

I am running PrivDog on Chromium 37.x (Ubuntu 14.04) and would like to know whether PrivDog will update itself (both program and threats) on this platform.

:slight_smile:

Maybe, see my posts in this topic: https://forums.comodo.com/-released-t101109.0.html

If I add PD 1.8.0.18 to Chrome 38 on Ubuntu 14.04.1, it won’t update.

On the other hand, PrivDog has not been updated since June, so why worry. :wink:

Thanks. I’ll make a note of my version here (2.1.0.22, 4053) and will monitor over time.

If I add PD 1.8.0.18 to Chrome 38 on Ubuntu 14.04.1, it won’t update.

Odd that it had previously updated (from 1.1.0.78) but doesn’t now :(.

On the other hand, PrivDog has not been updated since [url=https://forums.comodo.com/-t105251.0.html]June[/url], so why worry. ;)

Didn’t realize. I was previously running Ghostery then read Melih’s comment about the company and have now removed.

:slight_smile:

If you have 2.1.0.22 installed, you know it doesn’t update itself, since the latest version is 2.2.0.14.

Have you considered EFF’s Privacy Badger?

I am to believe that certain fixes and improvements with PrivDog are aimed at specific browsers.
Hence the reason PrivDog may update in some specific browsers and not others.

Example: Firefox based browsers appear to have updated to V2.2.0.15, where as Chromium based browsers have not.

Thank you.

No version I have tried gets updated.

Also, I am not sure PrivDog on Ubuntu has a future:

Hi JoWa,
I am using CID with Windows (Not Ubuntu sorry) and PD updated.

Kind regards.

Does anyone have any feedback on effectiveness of the Privacy Badger extension?

Privacy Badger does not rely on filter-lists, but learns over time what to block or allow. That means that effectiveness is low in the beginning, and gets better as you use it. Badger is still young. It was released as alpha in May¹ and beta in July².

Âą Help EFF Test Privacy Badger, Our New Tool to Stop Creepy Online Tracking | Electronic Frontier Foundation
² Stop Sneaky Online Tracking with EFF's Privacy Badger | Electronic Frontier Foundation