Author Topic: IceDragon 32bit??  (Read 271 times)

Offline sonffar

IceDragon 32bit??
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:45:03 PM »
As a complete newbie to all things Comodo I have some questions that perhaps you fellow Forum members could help me with?
A very recent download, from the Comodo web site, of IceDragon resulted in a file identified as:
" icedragonsetup.exe ", " file version: 63.0.4.15 "
When I tried loading this and installing Comodo IceDragon I got an error popup stating, this is not a legitimate Win 32 bit program.

I am attempting to install the IceGragon browser into an XP Pro, SP3 system.
Does this .exe file install a 32 bit program or ...?

One more question. After attempting several searches of this Forum I seem to be unable to get any hits for anything relating to XP, or any comments, questions, or information about comodo and that infamous operating system. What's up with that?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:46:36 PM by sonffar »

Offline Ploget

• Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • Traditional Protection
Re: IceDragon 32bit??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 01:53:31 PM »
Never used it, but this link gives you the option of either: https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/icedragon-browser.php?track=10991&af=10991

This gives all the requirements for all Comodo applications as you go to what you need: https://help.comodo.com/ Some support XP - some don't
As a complete newbie to all things Comodo I have some questions that perhaps you fellow Forum members could help me with?
A very recent download, from the Comodo web site, of IceDragon resulted in a file identified as:
" icedragonsetup.exe ", " file version: 63.0.4.15 "
When I tried loading this and installing Comodo IceDragon I got an error popup stating, this is not a legitimate Win 32 bit program.

I am attempting to install the IceGragon browser into an XP Pro, SP3 system.
Does this .exe file install a 32 bit program or ...?

One more question. After attempting several searches of this Forum I seem to be unable to get any hits for anything relating to XP, or any comments, questions, or information about comodo and that infamous operating system. What's up with that?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:56:34 PM by Ploget »
Ploget

Win10x64 Pro 1809 (17763.379) x 2
Win7x64 Pro x 2
CIS v.11.0.0.6802 - CCAV v.2.0.470195.867 Beta
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
'If you think you are too small to make a difference; try sleeping with a Mosquito'

Offline Razvan Romanescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Member
Re: IceDragon 32bit??
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
Hi sonffar!

Thank you for your feedback!

IceDragon does not offer support for Windows XP and Vista from version 43 onwards. You'll need to download an older version than v43 of IceDragon in order for it to run on Windows XP and Vista. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Comodo Browsers Team

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek