Author Topic: Exception Breakpoint---appcrash  (Read 7378 times)

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Exception Breakpoint---appcrash
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 07:16:33 PM »
its doing it again eric, i disabled openH264 video codec plugin  supplied by mozilla to see what that does, im wondering if its interferring with adobe flash player somehow as you mentioned video b4, will see

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:20:24 PM by ozzieo »

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 02:27:36 AM »
Hi ozzieo,

Adding to EricJH suggestions, I have had a quick look around and sometimes there is a problem when hardware acceleration is enabled, could you try that to see if it helps ? - two screenshots attached to help in the options menu. From your initial post with scrolling being erratic this maybe the solution :-)

If not can you also try another couple of options.

1 Locate the plugin-container.exe file and upload it to either Valkryie https://valkyrie.comodo.com/ or VirusTotal https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload just to check that it has not been replaced by a rogue file.

2 Run the built in System File Checker in windows, this link will help if you are unsure on how to run sfc https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

I know it is a lot to ask, but hopefully we can help
Desktop:- Windows 10 64bit Pro ¦¦ CIS 12.0.0.6882 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian        Laptop:- Windows 10 64bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.0.0.6882 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian      Tablet:- ACER W4-820:- Windows 10 32bit Home ¦¦ CCAV 1.21.465847.842

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 03:17:40 AM »
hi Huntokar
thx for helping me along with eric, this is a nightmare for me as im not what you would call very advanced in doing this sort of stuff with software, it confuses the hell out of me  :-[

i did what you said under the options tab with the screen shots you posted, the windows update i had set at check for updates and let me decide whether to install
under the performance tab i unticked the use recommended performance settings and the hardware acceleration box

i ran the inbuilt windows  file checker from the link as well, and the result from the file check is in the screnshot

i dont know how to look for the plugin container.exe file tho

cheers ozz
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:23:03 AM by ozzieo »

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 03:25:15 AM »
Hi ozzieo,

That's O.K we can maybe help with that bit if you still get the error.

As a full check, can you close down all instances of CID and restart your system and then see if it happens again whilst browsing.

I would like to highlight  what EricJH has previously said
Thank you for being tenacious on trying to get this problem nailed. :)
as your help in trying these suggestions really does make a difference and hopefully we will get to the bottom of this problem which may also assist others :-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:27:42 AM by Huntokar »
Desktop:- Windows 10 64bit Pro ¦¦ CIS 12.0.0.6882 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian        Laptop:- Windows 10 64bit Home ¦¦ CIS 12.0.0.6882 ¦¦ CBU 4.4.1.23 ¦¦ Itarian      Tablet:- ACER W4-820:- Windows 10 32bit Home ¦¦ CCAV 1.21.465847.842

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 03:35:48 AM »
ok mate no worries, i do have a friend that knows all of this stuff but the problem is i only see him once a week when he comes over to teach me stuff for our computer team were on, if theres things you ask me to do and i cant do it , ill have to make a day for him to come over and do this with me instead of out normal overclocking sessions for our computer team warp9 systems, i can do most of that but when it comes to the more advanced software stuff ive really got no idea and ill have to get pete to come and do it for me and show me

and i want to thank you blokes for your help, and yes i want this problem nailed for others as well because theres been a lot of complaints with it from others ive seen in google, this is why i know its an CID issue, all these other computers from other people with the same / similar issues, has to be something CID causing it

cheers ozz

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 03:50:54 AM »
If we are able to post links ( like below ) for some easy guides on how to do things then we will so that you don't have to sit around for a week waiting for your friend to visit  :)

I have seen some posts on the Mozilla forums that it also happens in ' good old firefox ' as well :-X ;) and seems to point towards problems with graphic chips / cards so that is why I suggested disabling the hardware acceleration to see if it helps.

This is what I like about this forum, there are plenty of people willing to help, whether it be for experienced users or for users like yourself, we all get problems no matter how long or how much experience we have and should not be afraid to ask  :)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:54:37 AM by Huntokar »

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 04:27:52 AM »
well funnily enough i used to have the good old firefox for a while before i found icedragon, and now that you mention it, it happened there too, so when i saw CID i thought id try it, i liked it better anyway, lighter, seemed pretty easy to navigate, comodo dragon is chrome based, CID is firefox based from what ive read and i hate chrome, i dont like how its set up, sure its quick but so is firefox and CID when it hasnt got issues, i havent tried comodo dragon, i did down load it once to have a look then went straight back to CID
im running a nvidia 7950 gt in this daily, but i have had different gpus in it, i dont game , i dont need anything better, even tho i have about 40 different gpus to choose from
motherboard is a Asrock 890 fx deluxe3 with a AMD 980 BE phenom cpu [at]4000 mhz, 4 gb of gskill ram, its fast enough

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 05:00:16 AM »
1 thing i cant work out is with previous CID versions the browser page had smoothed and shorter boxes at the top of the browser, i use google as the search engine but it seems the style of it is chrome based with the long oblong shaped box, and id like to have the CID shape that icedragon has always had, i dont know if its this beta version 57 ot whether i just havent got the right setting somewhere as ive looked everywhere and tried to find how to change it and cant , if you can direct me how to do it would be much help thx
cheers ozz 

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »
This is the new look for Firefox and is actually more like Edge - Microsoft's new browser on Windows 10.

Mozilla has also changed the way in which the ' add ons ' work and from what I can see there is nothing that currently works to change the appearance back to the old style. This might change in the future, but if not it is something we will have to get used to - some call it progression !!!

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 05:38:29 AM »
ah righto, i thought  it was me mate, i can stop been chasing my tail now , been doing it for 3 days looking for how to change it back to "the normal", funny thing with that "progression" thing,  it either works, or has an uncanny way of stuffing things and people right up, it appears to me its the latter on this occassion

have a look at all the help, links in CID, its all from version 49, how is that going to help people with version 57 or as i read version 60 is available now ???? when the help pages links are version 49 based help insructions

cheers ozz

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »
I installed the beta and the lay out it is like FF. I had to get used to the new lay out in FF after I installed it. I am an old school Opera user which I still prefer. ;)  You are right that the Help still refers to the old version. I assume that will get updated but you could point it out in the release topics to make sure Comodo took notice.

I take it that the crash is still happening with v57? If so please file a bug report on it as described. It is the only way to get it fixed.

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »
hey eric
yes i made a bug report yesterday, but fail to see that CID doesnt already about know about it as its been there in CID  for a long time now
i also fail to see if CID are going to release later versions then surely the penny must drop at some stage for "someone to realise" that the help section MUST be adjusted accordingly and i dont feel its my postion to "remind" them to have it done, im getting pretty tired of all this, i just shouldnt be happening, i have reported this problem to the CID forum, and with respect moderators know about the issues , i feel its the moderators position to inform CID of the HELP section version issues of still being version 49 and im quickly getting to feel that CID are more interested in changing how things look rather than how things work efficiently without issues, the ice dragon look of old is much easier on the eye and much easier to navigate and find things than this new v57, thats for sure  88)

Offline Huntokar

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 02:21:26 AM »
Hi ozzieo,

I know it has not been long, but have you had the error since changing the hardware acceleration settings ?

im quickly getting to feel that CID are more interested in changing how things look rather than how things work efficiently without issues, the ice dragon look of old is much easier on the eye and much easier to navigate and find things than this new v57, thats for sure  88)

Unfortunately the CID developers do not write the browser from scratch, but use the open source Mozilla Firefox browser ( the same as for Dragon, they ' adapt '  the Chrome open source browser ) so the user interface is determined by Mozilla. The CID team only change branding, some of the internal settings and maybe some other security features.

hey eric
yes i made a bug report yesterday, but fail to see that CID doesnt already about know about it as its been there in CID  for a long time now
i also fail to see if CID are going to release later versions then surely the penny must drop at some stage for "someone to realise" that the help section MUST be adjusted accordingly and i dont feel its my postion to "remind" them to have it done, im getting pretty tired of all this, i just shouldnt be happening, i have reported this problem to the CID forum, and with respect moderators know about the issues , i feel its the moderators position to inform CID of the HELP section version issues of still being version 49

Development is slow for both of the Comodo browsers  :( which many have said about before on here. As v57 is only a beta version I would not expect the help files to be updated until it is officially released, but I will agree that as the ' official CID ' is at v52 the current help files should not be for v49 - but if there are only behind the scene changes and not the user interface then is it only a minor detail ? but still not right  ;)

As another test, have you installed Firefox at any point and if so did you have the same problem ?

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 04:55:48 AM »
hi huntokar
thx for replying, i dont want to seem like i am not grateful for the help, because i am, thankyou to you and eric , and yes originally i had firefox installed then i saw CID, because it was firefox based i read from its website itself so i thought i would have a look, and that was it, i changed to CID then, that was about 3 years go, it was light, unobtrusive, quick, an and no garbage in it, all ive had is trouble since, 1 day its perfect then the next its a nightmare, i would have reinstalled CID 50 times over this period, and W7 ultimate 64 bit 5 times a full reinstall to try get it right  , each time i have the same issue as the screen shots shows, but im not giving up because i know when its right CID is like lightning fast, and no trouble, i want it fixed and if i can do anything to get this issue fixed for me and others i will, there is something wrong in CID, i know that, others know it too, at least im trying me best to get it fixed, ive done everything asked of me, i need you the moderators help to go to CID, to make sure its not just put off as another customer complaint, when i find out how to do the crash dump report ill post that too, as im no expert at this but im no fool not to know there is something wrong in CID either to be causing this issue

cheers shane

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »
ok mate no worries, i do have a friend that knows all of this stuff but the problem is i only see him once a week when he comes over to teach me stuff for our computer team were on, if theres things you ask me to do and i cant do it , ill have to make a day for him to come over and do this with me instead of out normal overclocking sessions for our computer team warp9 systems, i can do most of that but when it comes to the more advanced software stuff ive really got no idea and ill have to get pete to come and do it for me and show me

and i want to thank you blokes for your help, and yes i want this problem nailed for others as well because theres been a lot of complaints with it from others ive seen in google, this is why i know its an CID issue, all these other computers from other people with the same / similar issues, has to be something CID causing it

cheers ozz

since i have done what you suggested and i disabled the open H264  video codec plugin as well, the exception breakpoint  hasnt happened "yet", so thats telling me ints something to do with this open H265 CODEC video thing
but still the mouse locks up or staggers if you like, hangs , then recovers and im using a ps2 mouse, ive got a wireless mouse as well which i bought with the wireless keyboard im using for 2 yrs or more now, so i thought try the ps2 mouse, no different and does the same thing

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek