Author Topic: Exception Breakpoint---appcrash  (Read 3902 times)

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
Re: Exception Breakpoint---appcrash
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
Trying cleaning cache and restarting the browser for starters. If that does not work (sufficiently) try running IceDragon in safe mode with the extensions disabled. Or along the same line disable extensions one by one until the problem gets fixed.

How does your computer connect to the modem/router? Wired or wireless?

To learn if a problem is related to your connection or browser try accessing the web with another browser. If both browsers have the same problems it is most likely the connection or less likely something on your computer. When the browsers perform differently on the same web sites at the approx same time then the problem is with the browser.

ok eric thx, i will have to get my friend to do that stuff , im not that experienced enough to be compitent to do that, next time he comes over

as i said it doesnt do it with chrome on all the same websites, its done the same thing no matter what version ive had from icedragon for a long time now, so my guess theres something wrong inside one of icedragons extensions as you said disable each one to try eliminate it
eric australia is having huge issues with NBN, our broadband carrier,   National Broadband Network, its a mess, the government own it and actually forved australia to connect to NBN other wise you have no internet other than prepaid, its being rolled out across australia as we speak, theres huge issue with complaints of low speeds to the point of where suppliers have been ordered by the ACCC communications ombudsman to reimburse customers no matter what supplier back to the customers for speeds bought that cant be supplied constantly, i bought 25 download , 5 upload and the problem is NBN cant supply the speeds constantly because of fibre to the node and copper to the premise, total garbage, some have fibre to the premise,  its actually like a 3rd world country internet, actually some 3rd world countries have better internet than us, australia is about 15th in the world for internet speeds, but for mobile phones speeds its up in the top 4 in the world i think from memory, so you can see the problems with out net im sure but that doesnt fix the browser issue i know, even with a slow net speed i shouldnt be getting this exception breakpoint issue and will keep you informed once i get this what you said t o do done by my friend

thankyou once again for your rime and patience with me on this frustrating long time issue

cheers shane

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »
Keep us posted.

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 06:49:44 PM »
Keep us posted.

ok will do eric thx,
oh i forgot to tell you the modem is wired, connection from the phone/internet line to the wall plug, DSL cable from wall plug to DSL port on the modem  ,and then the LAN connection from the rear of the motherboard LAN port to the LAN port in the modem , the LAN connection has the latest realtek drivers installed

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »
damn eric the thing has done this exception breakpoint again, but its been going great until now, even after i installed icedragon directly from the link you gave me, i notice everytime this happens that the mouse reacts funny, the scroll button when you scroll on the page abd the page is all jerky, not a smooth scroll, but i didnt have my phone ready to cature the breakpoint exception box on the screen b4 it dissapears when i shutdown or restart coz i cant use print screen or capture when i click either to shutdown or restart coz it wont work, windows has been instructed to shutdown or restart so i have to use the phone to take the pick to be able to post it to show you what its saying, ill keep persisting  88)

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »
hi eric
finally got a shot of it, its not that clear but im pretty sure it reads
(0x8000003) and at location 0x674b560d
when it happens the pages are as slow as a wet week to change, the mouse wheel and mouse pointer gets notchy or jerky on the page, takes quite  a while to change a page at time, so i restart it then its right again until it happens again, that could be in 10 minutes to 10 hours later, just happens when it wants to

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:25:58 AM by ozzieo »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 05:21:03 PM »
It looks like plugin-container has crashed. Are you visiting a web page that uses a plugin like for example Flash Player when the crash happens? Does the crash of plugin-container.exe also crash IceDragon?

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2017, 05:50:29 PM »
hi eric
happy new year too

yes i use adobe flash player, the latest version, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling that many times too
sometimes at the top of the browser it says icedragon not responding, but that could be on any page or website and it shows up different wording in the same box and says...  plugin-container.exe which i think i posted before
stupid part with it is it doesnt do it all the time, it could go days and not do it and i use the same websites, then all of a sudden it does it

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 12:56:34 PM »
My advice would be to await the upcoming CID v57 and see if that solves the issue or not.

But if you feel adventurous you could try the beta of CID 57. It can be downloaded from Comodo Ice Dragon v57.0.0.11 Beta is now available for download.

If the problem continues to arise with v57 and you would like to go the extra mile you could file a bug report in the bug section of CID and attach a crash log of plugin-container. Crashlogs can be found in c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps .

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
from memory eric i think ive already tried a beta version too and same results, and the problem is i dont know how to do a crash dump thing you spoke of
but ive gone this far with it, ill download the beta v57 and try it, do i have to completely uninstall and reinstall or just download and install and it will over write what i have now ? will i lose all my bookmarks ive saved since this install, ive already lost other things, how do i save it all

but i do know this that the problem has to be in CID , i find it strange after all this time the CID hasnt found the bug and fixed it  because ive googled the numbers in the box and theres complaints every where from people having the same issue with CID

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »
Since the problem seems very much out there a bug report would be needed very much. If you could try the beta that would be wonderful.

You can install on top of the pervious version but make sure to make a copy of important files stored in your profile. Your profile is typically stored in :\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Comodo\IceDragon\Profiles\%randomstring%.default. This Mozilla KB article will point you to the files you may want to save.

IF the crash keeps on happening please post a bug report in the CID bug report session. It will greatly improve CID.. Comodo will want to analyse a crashdump. Crashdumps of programs can be found in :\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\CrashDumps. I expect that crashdumps of the crashes of plugin-container will be stored there.

To access the AppData folders you need to make sure to show hidden files and folders in Explorer.

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 06:52:28 PM »
ill give it a go eric, and thx for your help once again  :)
if i fail to do it right which there is a big chance of happening with me as im not that advanced in all this stuff ill just start again from scratch with the new beta v57 and go from there, ive done that that many times now i cant count but i want this fixed in CID for me as well as others having the same issue

cheers ozz

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 11:02:34 PM »
Thank you for being tenacious on trying to get this problem nailed. :)

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 09:08:05 AM »
well eric
i installed version 57.0.1 beta, certainly faster but the whole thing has changed, i want my home page but i cant open a new tab without all the thumbnails stuff of the tabs on the page, i want a blank page but dont see it in tools or options, thats changed too how you select stuff from before, also i havent got the ice dragon shape at the top of the browser, its an oblong type shape for each tab now where it was rounded edges before like the old ice dragon was, but ill see how it goes, when i installed it it automatically saved and installed all bookmarks, all i had to do was relogin, i didnt lose them like last time
i think this version needs more simplifying to search for things more easily, but ill persevere with it and hopefully i dont get this exception breakpoint thing show its head anymore

cheers ozz

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
Keep us posted about the breakpoint exception error.

Firefox got a serious overhaul with v57 and CID will reflect that I suppose. I haven't installed CIS 57 beta yet.

Offline ozzieo

• Comodo Member
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »
will do eric

ive sorted a few things but cant seem to get the icedragon at the top of the browser, ID is set as my default browser and good to search , but the top of the browser is basically google orientated in shape and i dont like it with the oblong type sections whereas ID was the more smoother rounded ends , the refresh the page icon is next to the homepage icon between the back page.. arrow where on ID it used to be on the end of search bar and i cant seem to find how to change it, if you install it youll see what im saying about how things are changed and moved to different places, i prefer the older but with the new V 57 the bug fixes, maybe just not used to it but ive been looking since i installed it last night and today, another thing , all the help links ID highlight to explain and show you how to do this or that revert back to the older icedragon not the V 57, so you say go to menu and options and help, the menu section is designed differently than the older Versions but in the help sections it shows you the older not the newer V57, that needs to be fixed also so you know where youre going to do what,   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek