Author Topic: "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ."  (Read 96691 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ."
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
Hi magic144

Sorry I'm not seeing this.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline magic144

• Comodo Member
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Now that I've seen it for the first time,
I'll keep my eye on it and report back here if it happens with any consistency/repeatability.

Like I said, I've never noticed it before, so it could just have been a one-off thing relating to the automatic upgrade to the new version somehow, or just some other weird and wonderful conspiracy of circumstances!

Offline ralphn

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »
I updated to version 2.4 and the Icon in the task bar had, Comodo Firewall is being initialized, going on for a long time, it did not stop till I set the Firewall to block all, and then back to custom. Imediately it said all systems are up and running. I have not had any trouble since.
Hope this helps others with this problem. Ralphn
Windows XP
Comodo AV
Comodo firewall
Firefox

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »
Hi ralphn, welcome to the forums. (:WAV)

magic144

OK, I've now seen this for the first time. I don't think it means anything, since CFP was most obviously not initialising. I did notice, as ralphn discovered, that altering or even touching the Alert Level caused the mouse-over message to be corrected. I've no idea what is causing it.. can't be Avast as with others in this topic, since like ralphn I'm running CAVS. So, I can only add comfort.. in that you're not alone. ;D
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline rubb

• Comodo Member
    • Fix me, please.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 11:32:02 AM »
I did notice, as ralphn discovered, that altering or even touching the Alert Level caused the mouse-over message to be corrected.
Worked for me as well. I opened up CFP and clicked on the Security Level slider, without changing the setting, and immediately the mouseover message changed back to normal. Prior to that, I tried rebooting my computer to see if it would take care of itself, but 15 minutes after the reboot the "initializaing" message was still there.

Offline magic144

• Comodo Member
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »
thanks again guys

I just witnessed (this morning) what rubb described

the icon's mouse-over message was stuck again, but clicking on (but NOT changing) the Computer Security Level (Custom) updated the message

still don't know what causes the message to get stuck, but it's a minor issue I guess

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 12:03:59 PM »
Hi magic144

Yes, I believe it is just cosmetic. So far, the only way I can reproduce the issue is by running a full screen D3D game with CFP active. Nothing else seems to cause it on my system.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline GeminiVision

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 12:45:48 AM »
Hi There,

Perhaps this might help. I posted in the FAQ section but recieved no reply but luckily I found this thread! The same thing has been happening on 2 of the 4 PC's I have installed Comodo Firewall on. The 2 other PC's (1 laptop & 1 desktop) run fine. Not all the hardware is the same in all PC's however most of the programs installed are the same with very similar or same configurations for all hardware & programs. Of course this just makes it more confusing.
The only thing I managed to find was in Computer Management where under application logs an error in relation to Comodo appeared. Upon further investigation I discovered userenv.dll was not unloading on shutdown. Sorry but this is from memory as I do not have access to the 2 problem PC's at the moment. I'm not overly familiar with the above however a quick search on the net found this explanation (userenv.dll is a module that contains application programming interface (API) functions to create and manage user profiles).
I'm just wondering if this problem for Comodo Firewall is directly related to this meaning maybe every time a PC with this problem is shut down, the profiles relating to it do not unload properly & upon subsequent boot-ups cannot start up the profiles fresh, leaving it in a state of "Initialization". This is all I can gather otherwise I can only think it might be one of the Anti-Phishing tools I have installed on IE7 (eg. McAfee SiteAdvisor, SpoofStick, Phishing Inspector - McAfee is often quite intrusive on a PC system & I have had issues with it before causing clashes however I assume that not everyone in this forum uses their products).
Anyway, I hope this helps & in the meantime I will try clicking on the security levels on the other PC's (when I get a chance) like others & see if that helps. Otherwise maybe others can check if they get the same error reports in their logs or the Comodo team might be able to investigate.
I'll keep checking in for any possible solutions.

Cheers Everyone!!

GeminiVision

Offline mrcmnc

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 03:15:48 PM »
Hi

the same for me,
message "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ." randomly appears
and it does not occur every boot.
Leaving computer active and gone back time later the message still appears.
I'm using version 2.4.17.183
I verified that switching manually Security Level from Systray for example to "Block All" or to
"Allow all" and immediately switch back Security Level to "Custom", remove the message.
And surprise "Your computer's security Level..........All Systems are up and running appears

Mark

Offline Michele

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 05:09:18 PM »
Hello,

I'm being initialized eternally as well. My NOD icon has disappeared from the tasktray! This is making me uncomfortable! WinXP pro here. On my other PC months ago I'd resolved this by whitelisting COMODO in avast!. I don't know what to think now!

Michele
When you really look for me, you will see me instantly--
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

-Kabir

Offline Jazhawk

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
I've tried both, adding comodo to Advast exception as well as blocking everything then back to custom and the issue still exists. 

Another thing I've noticed is lately, after I boot, Windows tells me my firewall is not on but then comodo firewall does load.  I can't be sure if I'm protected from stuff loading at boottime or not since this release.
That is troubling most of all.

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »
Comodo firewall is active from when you turn the computer on.  You get a delay from windows security center as this is the one of the last things CFP reports to as it loads up.  You can be sure you are protected.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Will91

• Comodo Member
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2007, 11:19:21 PM »
Hi:

I was referred to this tread.  I have Avast 4.7 Home and would like to understand why adding the Comodo folder to the Avast exclusion list fixes this problem sometimes.  I very new to all of this but couldn't this be a risky solution if for some reason, a virus becomes placed in the Comodo folder and Avast is prohibited from scanning that folder??

I understand that even when Comodo continually indicates initializing, it is still really working, correct?  Is a fix still scheduled for the next Comodo program update?

Offline innerpeace

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2007, 09:12:33 PM »
Hi Will91.  (:WAV) As I understand it, the problem is not exclusive to running Avast. Yes, the next version is suppose to fix this problem. It is due to beta around the middle of this month. Yes, Comodo is protecting you even with the initializing message. I have had this same problem also since updating to the last 2.4 version. There are many threads about this problem and they are well aware. I just can't wait til it's fixed ;D . If you want to confirm that Comodo is protecting you, check out this post by Little Mac.
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7055.msg51925.html#msg51925

I hope this helps.

Offline Slye Fox

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »
Are any of you getting any Medium - High alerts  in your Comodo logs matching the time when this occurs?
I am experiencing this problem as well. I am also receiving high alerts from comodo during this problem regarding svchost.exe, which I am blocking at present. I know this is a windows system process used for update and messenger, but I was told there is also a virus involving the svchost.exe program. Maybe this isn't true and maybe its unrelated, but AntiVir recently deleted a keylogger virus from my system, so at this point anything is suspect.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek