Author Topic: "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ."  (Read 96815 times)

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
Re: "Comodo Firewall is being initialized . . ."
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »
thank u, that's extremely helpful.  :)

i am also thinking that i really need a ram upgrade.  256mb ram isn't really enough, and it could be a factor in the problem.  luckily, i haven't had the initialization problem the entire day.

Offline jimwhitend

• Comodo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 08:30:40 PM »
FWIW, the problem on my computer hasn't recurred for several days.  I don't have a clue what I might have done to make it go away, nor do I know if it is gone permanently.

Jim

Offline Luxor

• Comodo's Hero
  • In The Doghouse
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 02:09:53 PM »
Downloaded and did a fresh install of CPF 2.3.6.81 especially after reading in the release history that
FIXED! CPF tray icon was showing wrong tooltip text

But alas it has made no difference this problem still persists on my XP Pro machine.  :-[

Luxor
We say just what we want because we might be right.

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 03:49:44 PM »
Downloaded and did a fresh install of CPF 2.3.6.81 especially after reading in the release history that
But alas it has made no difference this problem still persists on my XP Pro machine.  :-[

Luxor

i'm having the same problem again on my machine as well.  running windows xp home edition sp2 IE7-RC1, Avast Home Edition.  i am guessing it's the same intermittent bug that was in the earlier versions.  i wish they would get it fixed once and for all.

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2006, 09:13:33 AM »
is their any kind of solution yet for the slow initialization problem?  it may be minor, but it is also very annoying. 

other than that comodo is a good firewall, alot better than the zone labs products.  but i would very much like to see a fix for the slow initialization bug!  funny thing is, even though it says "comodo firewall is initializing.", it shows in the windows security center that the firewall has loaded!  any kind of fix would be appreciated.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2006, 09:37:32 AM »
is their any kind of solution yet for the slow initialization problem?  it may be minor, but it is also very annoying. 

other than that comodo is a good firewall, alot better than the zone labs products.  but i would very much like to see a fix for the slow initialization bug!  funny thing is, even though it says "comodo firewall is initializing.", it shows in the windows security center that the firewall has loaded!  any kind of fix would be appreciated.

Hey philbee,

CPF does have a modular architecture and you are protected before the desktop appears. They are looking into the slow initializatin issue, but it seems to be machine specific. My  Pc, for example, takes around 15 seconds longer to boot with  CPF enabled, compared to without.

Please bear with them on this. They are aware of the issue. It's just a matter of tracking it down.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 09:52:57 AM »
Hey philbee,

CPF does have a modular architecture and you are protected before the desktop appears. They are looking into the slow initializatin issue, but it seems to be machine specific. My  Pc, for example, takes around 15 seconds longer to boot with  CPF enabled, compared to without.

Please bear with them on this. They are aware of the issue. It's just a matter of tracking it down.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)

okeedokee.  i'll be patient and see what happens.  i'm sure they'll find a solution eventually. :)

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2006, 10:28:51 AM »
today i noticed what i think is a new comodo file in my root directory, "boot.ini.comodofirewall".  could this be a fix for the long initialization bug?  please let me know, since i haven't noticed this particular file b4.  thanks in advance.

Offline Luxor

• Comodo's Hero
  • In The Doghouse
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »
today i noticed what i think is a new comodo file in my root directory, "boot.ini.comodofirewall".  could this be a fix for the long initialization bug?  please let me know, since i haven't noticed this particular file b4.  thanks in advance.

Philbee see this post.
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2067.0.html

That is not the reason for this bug as I have deleted it off my system and the bug persists.

Luxor

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2006, 03:24:08 PM »
thanks.

Offline Luxor

• Comodo's Hero
  • In The Doghouse
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:03 AM »
Your welcome.  :)

Offline Maureen

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »
Had the same problem but right clicking on the avast icon > program settings> exclusions

browse to Program Files/Comodo directory to exclude the Comodo directory from scanning by avast seems to have corrected the problem.

Maureen

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »
does it correct the slow initialization problem with CPF?  if so, i'll try it.

Offline Philbee

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »
Had the same problem but right clicking on the avast icon > program settings> exclusions

browse to Program Files/Comodo directory to exclude the Comodo directory from scanning by avast seems to have corrected the problem.

Maureen

sadly it didn't work on mine.  i'll just have to wait for another version i guess.  all i can do now is just close out and re-start the firewall after a cold boot, which is when this seems to occur most of the time for me.

Offline Maureen

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »
does it correct the slow initialization problem with CPF?  if so, i'll try it.

It works everytime for me.. just make sure you are excluding the whole Comodo Directory.
You may also want to exclude any other trusted application directories that load on startup because Avast is scanning these on startup

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek