Author Topic: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus  (Read 181058 times)

Offline Rotty

• Comodo's Hero
  • http://www.venganza.org/ - Noodly Appendage
Re: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 11:14:56 PM »
Indeed COMODO does deserve some slack with their beta.

My question is more out of interest (-:, as i had a situation that has alot todo with my question, it sounds similar (Not with COMODO products, but another product).

cheers, rotty
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. 
They do NOT necessarily represent or reflect the views of my employer.

Offline Jkites

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 02:08:52 AM »
Hey justin1278,

I was going to post some comments regarding this "software" on behalf of myself and my Co. but that will have to wait for now.  Let me start by saying -- rick24, we feel your PAIN!  As  far as the comment made to you earlier about you soldering this to your mothermoard -- NO, this thing solders itself to YOUR motherboard!  OK justin1278 - As far as this program being in BETA form,  that's fine but ours came through PC Utilties ( a great mag. ) and nothing brought to my attention about a questionable beta.  It seems to me that whoever wrote this program can direct the rest of us to where this installer sits and get rid of it.  By the way, we have 5 machines that are crippled by this thing!

P.S.  You might want to figure this thing out fast, people around here are calling it a VIRUS !

comicfan2000

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 02:26:23 AM »
Hi , sorry to hear your trouble. While I personally don't have the answer , it may be an issue with CAV even, but you can rest assured it's not a virus.  ;) If I find something, I will let you know immediately but if someone else knows specifics, i'm sure they will help.

Thanks,

Paul

Offline Jkites

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »
Hello comicfan2000,
    Thanks for the note.

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
Hey justin1278,

I was going to post some comments regarding this "software" on behalf of myself and my Co. but that will have to wait for now.  Let me start by saying -- rick24, we feel your PAIN!  As  far as the comment made to you earlier about you soldering this to your mothermoard -- NO, this thing solders itself to YOUR motherboard!  OK justin1278 - As far as this program being in BETA form,  that's fine but ours came through PC Utilties ( a great mag. ) and nothing brought to my attention about a questionable beta.  It seems to me that whoever wrote this program can direct the rest of us to where this installer sits and get rid of it.  By the way, we have 5 machines that are crippled by this thing!

P.S.  You might want to figure this thing out fast, people around here are calling it a VIRUS !

Hi,

I'm sorry about the trouble you are having, I don't think that the magazine should have distributed the beta software without letting people know it was a beta program. Try a system restore if you can, thats how Rick24 solved his problem.

Offline rick24

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry about the trouble you are having, I don't think that the magazine should have distributed the beta software without letting people know it was a beta program. Try a system restore if you can, thats how Rick24 solved his problem.

justin1278, you comment is not correct. I was unable to solve this issue with a system restore point. I had to do a total restore from the manufactuer restore disk. All info was lost by this process.

I will add the Comodo went the extra mile to help me by offering to do a phone support. However it was to late. My system was totally trashed.
HughesNet, HN7000S, Horizons1, Firefox

comicfan2000

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 05:42:02 PM »
Hi,

justin1278, you comment is not correct. I was unable to solve this issue with a system restore point. I had to do a total restore from the manufactuer restore disk. All info was lost by this process.

I will add the Comodo went the extra mile to help me by offering to do a phone support. However it was to late. My system was totally trashed.

I am very sorry to hear that. And while I will not say either way that this should have happened or not, please keep this in mind. I do work repairing computers and I tell people ALL the time, back up as much as possible. I have had wipe outs by many softwares in my time, both supposed stable, unstable, beta, full, of many softwares, I can't count how many Windows crashes\reinstalls were caused by windows itself, bad hard drives and anything I can think of. This said, I am not at all laying blame of the crash on you , please understand, but loss of info is your\my and every user's responsibility. While I understand your pain, I have had many losses, please always remember to back up , back up , back up. It's always a good idea. This is why so many softwares put in the EULA, they are not held liable. So I am not defending any crash here, and agree that it's upsetting<--just want you to understand this ;) but for future reference, please don't learn the hard way, (like I did) lol  :o  always back up info as much as possible.

Once again, I am sorry to hear that happened. And I am sure Comodo is as well, they truly want the best for all.

Paul

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 11:15:27 PM »
Hi,

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood :-[

Offline rick24

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »
No problem justin1278, as you can see I am still here on the forum and interested in Comodo products. I will continue to monitor the forum. The firewall worked for me fine. Except for the un-install. I hear that issue is being worked on and will be resolved soon.

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2006, 06:04:17 PM »
No problem justin1278, as you can see I am still here on the forum and interested in Comodo products. I will continue to monitor the forum. The firewall worked for me fine. Except for the un-install. I hear that issue is being worked on and will be resolved soon.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for not losing faith in Comodo Products :D

comicfan2000

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2006, 06:11:39 PM »

Yes, glad to hear you are still here. You may find the Comodo team to react faster to issues than just about anyone. Not only react, but fix as well.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline avrizic

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »
Still waiting for some way to get CAV off my system. Seems this thread has died and I still can't get rid of it. Firewall works great, but I can't believe the AV was made so I can't even get it off my system. Yes, I realize it is beta, but I have used betas before and uninstalling them was never a problem.

Offline rick24

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:38 PM »
avrizic, I feel you pain. I found it impossible to get rid of it  (:AGY). Hopefully this thread is being watched very carefully and is being worked on and is at the very top of issues to be resolved. I tried everything to get rid of it. Nothing worked even the suggestions from the CEO did not work. I hope a resolution can be found other than doing what I had to do which was a total system reload.

Offline dishguy

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2006, 03:51:17 AM »
Rick24: Sorry to hear you're having uninstallation issues.

We've created a file (attached to this post) that should help you. Essentially, it's a batch file that will automatically do the manual steps we've outlined below. (Panic: Tx and note minor modification to the *.bat.)

Pls do the following:

1) Download the 'uninstall CAV.zip' file to your desktop
2) Double click on file to uncompress it. Pls select your desktop as a destination for the unzipped file.
3) You should now have a new file on your desktop called 'uninstall CAV.bat'. Pls double click it.
4) This will launch a new window (DOS) and uninstall CAV automatically.
5) Pls remember to reboot your PC after uninstallation is completed. The window will have a message within it stating 'Manual removal complete - please reboot your system'. 

This should resolve your issue. Pls let us know how this goes.

Didn't work and my outlook is hooped now too and so I can't even get email support. That and the AVG I uninstalled to try this (their uninstall works), is not working on re-install. Your software is blocking it from launching.

There should be a link to a tool on the main Comodo Web site.
I am starting to see this CAV uninstall issue popping up on other boards as well.
It is not going to look very good if you guys can't find a way to uninstall your own software.

I know I can't recomend it at this point and I will be letting people know what my experience has been until I can get this malware off of my system or a fix is available to make it useable.

Sorry if that hurts but I think you need to know what you are in for without an easy to use and reliable fix for this mess.

kishork

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »
The complete manual uninstaller tool for CAV Beta 1.1 is written and its in QA now. We can expect it to  be out in a day or two.

regards
Kishor

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek