Author Topic: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus  (Read 181075 times)

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
Gadfly,

CAVS 2.x has no issues with uninstalling, AFAIK, nor any other application that Comodo has produced using their own installer.

CAVS 1.1, and some other early versions of applications were produced with an Installshield installer routine; this is what caused the problem - the 3rd party installer.  This lead Comodo to develop their own installer, and from that point there have not been any issues.

I understand your frustration; I dealt with the leftover crapola from the 1.1 uninstall for several months before I finally got it resolved.  A lot of folks simply reformatted because they were tired of dealing with it; I kept messing with it because I felt it would be better to resolve it that way and provide results for others.

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Offline Gadfly

« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
Thank you for the reply LM but it was still not helpful.  The fersion i was trying to remove and reinstall was the 2.X version and for some reason it continued to claim I had the program installed and refused the reinstall despite there being NO registry or "uninstall programs" references to it.

Now I'm into the same problem with CFP.  It stopped working and I could not turn the various components back on.  The program suggested uninstall reinstall to repair the problem but once more - after uninstalling using the Comodo uninstall that came with the programs - it is once more telling me that there is an installed version of CFP and I cannot therefore reinstall.

When is Comodo going to program the uninstaller to remove the key/s that the install program searches for OR remove the search from the install program.

UNTIL THEN the programs appear too dangerous to install IMNSHOU

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2007, 01:26:24 AM »
Hi,
If you are sure that firewall and CAV 2.x are really uninstalled and still installer complains that a version is installed, please take following steps:

Please make sure following entries are removed from registry:

for CPF/CFP
========
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo

for CAV 2.x
========
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\CDI\4

After these entries are removed, installer should not complain.
Please let us know if you still have a problem and sorry for the trouble caused by installer.

In general during un-installation these entries should be taken out but it's one of the odd cases it could not, in general we don't see this issue as panic mentioned since we rolled out our own installer.

Thanks
-umesh

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:28:06 AM by umesh »
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Gadfly

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »
As I explained to Panic in - this thread -  I did manage to get the firewall reinstalled - somewhat - but am hesitating on the AV re-install for now.

Thank you
Gad

Offline sliprock

« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2007, 07:00:11 AM »
huuuuuuuuuu theres nothing happen....... even i follow the guide........... help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( (:AGY)

Offline sliprock

« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2007, 08:42:28 AM »
Hi rick24,
You have already run 'uninstall CAV.bat' but still you are facing the problem of interruption of windows installer to reinstall Comodo AntiVirus 1.1.  To fix this problem we have created a utility and the same is attached here.
Pl follow these steps
1) Download the 'Remove Registry entry after manual uninstall.zip file to your desktop
2) Double click on file to uncompress it. Pls select your desktop as a destination for the unzipped file.
3) You should now have a new file on your desktop called 'RemoveReg.exe'. Pls double click it.
4) You will get message "Registry entry related to CAV has been successfully removed. Reboot your machine...
5. Reboot your system.

This will resolve your issue. Pl let us know.

regards
Kishor

men not work on my system it there a alternative to move that in registry editor

Offline Rossi-205

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2007, 08:00:16 AM »
Hi there!

For me CAVS is gone, still Windows Installer is doing a permanent On-Demand-Install for CAVS. To get get rid of that the following worked fine for me:

1. Get Windows XP Service Pack 2-Supporttools from MS (Google the Link)
2. Use MSIZAP.EXE form the Tools with following Command-Line:

"msizap.exe T {6617B209-C45E-4ED7-86A6-5055D17BFBEE}" (Check your Produkt-Code in Event-LOG First)

3. Reboot

This will delete ALL information about CAVS 1.1 from your System without destoying your Registry and your PC restarts as usual.

The Tools from Comodo are not doing all the work, so before they are programming the next Installer i would say: RTFM (Read The Fuc%&$$& Manual!!)

Yours

Rossi  (:KWL)

By the way, Installing CAVS 2.0 Beta is still not working for me. The Installer works fine, but I get a BSOD after restart.

It says: No_More_IRP_Stack_Locations_..... / STOP 0x035

After uninstalling it from SafeMode evrything is fine again, but I still dont have an Antivirus (or I have to go back to this crippled CAVS 1.1)

I still need help to get this installed. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:31:58 AM by Rossi-205 »

Offline KSODA

« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »
I'm sorry to say I'm having same troubles and still unable to get this pain in butt problem resolved in Windows XP and Comodo Antivirus v.1.0. Maybe time to start taking Prozac or Zoloft?

Offline KSODA

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
 (:AGY)Well its over 2 weeks now, I have to reboot my system five or so times to get to my windows xp desk top; a comodo antivirus box and windows installer box constantly pops up, and as I'm typing now, it keeps trying to open and locking up my screen.

I've tried to reinstall Comodo Antivirus; no good.

CAV files won't delete, I've downloaded Hijackthis and other registry cleaners; no good.

I had to install Windows LiveOne care, it creats problems within that program. I uninstalled that, tried another antivirus from my Internet provider, that doesn't work and Comodo is also blocking that from what I gather.

I have gone through the steps recommended in your boards, no good. I have the windows xp service pack 2 and have tried what Rossi205 suggested with their support tools, still no good.

I've been patient, I am not a computer genious and I'm afraid that I'm really going to screw things up and will loose everything like my hundreds of family photos and critical word files on my computer because Comodo antivirus refuses to uninstall nor letting me install other programs or files to fix it.

I need help, I need it as soon as possible, and I need it explained as plainly as you can to get rid of this, or to reinstall it. I am not getting the help I need with your product without having to spend valuable time and money that I do not have.

PLEASE HELP!

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
KSODA, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this.

Will you tell me what version of CAVS you have?

When you say that you tried to reinstall it and it was "no good" - what exactly do you mean?  What are you experiencing there?

Also, if you're concerned about your photos and files, have you created backup copies of those?  Even if you're having trouble getting into Windows, you should be able to boot into SafeMode and copy to an external USB drive/thumb drive.  If I were in your position, I would make sure I have a backup of all my files.

Here to help,

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek