Author Topic: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus  (Read 181057 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Manual Steps to uninstall Comodo AntiVirus
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 09:01:23 PM »
Well your  utility does not work. Please help with this issue promtly.

Bloody hell!!
what have you done Rick, soldered the AV onto your motherboard!!! :-) (don't flame me.. just joking..)

Ok this is not good. Pls ask Paulo to get you somoene in dev to help u.

sorry for the inconvience..

Melih
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:07:15 PM by Melih »

Offline konrad.w

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 04:46:22 AM »
Hi rick24,
You have already run 'uninstall CAV.bat' but still you are facing the problem of interruption of windows installer to reinstall Comodo AntiVirus 1.1.  To fix this problem we have created a utility and the same is attached here.
Pl follow these steps
1) Download the 'Remove Registry entry after manual uninstall.zip file to your desktop
2) Double click on file to uncompress it. Pls select your desktop as a destination for the unzipped file.
3) You should now have a new file on your desktop called 'RemoveReg.exe'. Pls double click it.
4) You will get message "Registry entry related to CAV has been successfully removed. Reboot your machine...
5. Reboot your system.

This will resolve your issue. Pl let us know.

regards
Kishor

I have the same problem and it's driving me  crazy. I've downloaded the the file and it's not working. I downloaded 6 copies of that but I could,t open any of them. Even it's very small, when I was opening it it gained in size till 900 mega (I tried to open it with different programs and theresponse was the same :( )

Evere time I try to install something, uninstall, work with command line or msconfig etc. it keeps opening the install file for comodo. What should I do?

Offline avrizic

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »
These 2 utilities have not solved the problem for me either. It is really getting irritating, that I can't get this thing off my system. Any more ideas, how to get rid of this thing?

Offline cliff_the_kilt

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 03:29:27 PM »
I have tried unsuccessfully to install CAV 5 times, last two times get same symptom:
Seems to be ok, prompts for a reboot, but on reaching desktop flashes a blue screen FAST (no time to read it - caught the word KERNEL) then auto reboots.
rinses and repeats.....
and repeats...
in the meantime generating disk errors 32MB of 321 file fragmentsn in four folders

I am using W2k Pro SP4 with all updates on a PII 256MB multi boot test machine.

I had to boot to safe mode, found that I couldn't use add/remove programs to uninstall as the installer is not available in safe mode, so I uninstalled MANUALLY

I Deleted the AV folders, and refs in common (after copying the backup reg file - ty for that tip)
used X-Setup to remove TWO (!!) references to CAV in add/remove (there are two CPFs there too for some odd reason)

I rebooted to the 98SE half of the system to remove the three locked files remaining, rebooted back to 2K pro, had to cancel an attempt to configure a non existant CAV THREE times.

All looked good at desktop, so I ran two registry cleaners WINDOC, and EasyClean.
Then I manually cleaned the registry

I got my trashed system back

HOWEVER, I would not recommend this method for the inexperienced.

A BETTER method is to take precautions first.... before installing a beta, backup the registry and/or create a restore point (I didn't bother this time, as this was a test machine) then if you need to uninstall CAV, delete the folders and replace the registry with the backup or restore to the saved point.

I think I will now wait for version 2, and see if that works ok (I am not giving up, as Comodo looks interesting, I want to try it out)

I am still using CPF with no problems, apart from an earlier version asking multiple permissions about the same thing (ie it was NOT remembering the answers you gave,  even though the box was ticked). But it seems to have settled down now, after a recent update.

Keep up the good work lads.  (:WAV) (:NRD)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:19:22 AM by cliff_the_kilt »

kishork

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 05:37:40 AM »
Hi Kail,
Did you get any success/error message after running this 'RemoveReg.exe'?

regards
Kishor

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 06:56:57 AM »
Hi Kail,
Did you get any success/error message after running this 'RemoveReg.exe'?

regards
Kishor

Hi Kishor

Sorry, but I think you must have mistaken me for someone else. Until a few minutes ago, I didn't know this topic existed. On my system CAVS is currently disabled, waiting for the new Beta. Do you want me to test RemoveReg.exe?
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

kishork

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 09:11:22 AM »
Hi Kail
I am sorry Kail. Actually this message is for Rick.

kishork

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 11:06:25 AM »
Hi Rick/konrad,

Did you get any success/error message after running this 'RemoveReg.exe'? What are the files still present there in "Comodo ANtiVirus" folder?

regards
Kishor

Offline Jkites

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 09:22:13 PM »
Hello,
   Forgive me if I have missed something as I am new here.  I am having the same problem with being able to uninstall this program!  When I could find no other way, I resorted to deleting things piece by piece along with a host of registry programs that should have helped.  No matter what is done, this CAV continues to hamper Winxp's startup, running and sometime's shutdown!  I may have missed it but is there any solution to this yet?  Any help would be great!!  Thanks

Online panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »
Hello,
   Forgive me if I have missed something as I am new here.  I am having the same problem with being able to uninstall this program!  When I could find no other way, I resorted to deleting things piece by piece along with a host of registry programs that should have helped.  No matter what is done, this CAV continues to hamper Winxp's startup, running and sometime's shutdown!  I may have missed it but is there any solution to this yet?  Any help would be great!!  Thanks

CAVS, like most other AV products that scan incoming and outgoing emails, adds several LSPs to the Windows IP stack. These can be remmoved by running lspfix.exe. This is available from cexx.org.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Rotty

• Comodo's Hero
  • http://www.venganza.org/ - Noodly Appendage
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 06:03:09 AM »
"in the meantime generating disk errors 32MB of 321 file fragmentsn in four folders"

Did CHKDSK say these were "Bad Sectors" or "Bad Clusters" or what was that exactly.

cheers, rotty
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. 
They do NOT necessarily represent or reflect the views of my employer.

Offline Jkites

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »
Hello panic,
    Thanks for the thoughts on my problem!  I use ISPFIX once in awhile but have not thought to use it for this.  When I get a moment I will see if it helps.  Thanks Again!

Offline avrizic

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »
OK....so have we given up on being able to uninstall CAV? I don't see any different ideas from anybody and nothing posted so far has worked. I keep reading Comodo is developing their own installer/uninstaller. Does this mean my only recourse is going to be.....reinstall something I couldn't get rid of again......then hoping their uninstaller gets rid of all traces of the new version and beta version? This is becoming exceedingly annoying, to say the least.

Offline rick24

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »
I have to agree with all the problems. I was unable to un-install the CAVS no matter what I did. I had to do a total system restore to resolve the issue. Sorry to say the is one H**L of a way to get rid of a program that is supposed to be with such a quality company.
HughesNet, HN7000S, Horizons1, Firefox

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »
I have to agree with all the problems. I was unable to un-install the CAVS no matter what I did. I had to do a total system restore to resolve the issue. Sorry to say the is one H**L of a way to get rid of a program that is supposed to be with such a quality company.

Hi Rick,

Comodo is a high quality company (imho), look at their firewall! It is un-matched by user simplicity and protection! As I had told you many times, there are issues with the current beta, a lot with installing and uninstalling, this is due to the InstallShield installer software, Comodo made their own installer to fix this problem with the firewall, and I am sure they will do it with the antivirus as well.

For those who may not understand what a Beta may be here is the definition of Beta Software that I have found.

Before a commercial software program is released to the public, it usually goes through a "beta" phase. During this stage, the software is tested for bugs, crashes, errors, inconsistencies, and any other problems. Though beta versions of software used to be made available only to developers, they are now sometimes made available for the general public to test, usually through the software company's Web site. However, because beta software is free, the programs usually expire after a period of time. If you choose to test a beta software program, don't be surprised if it has multiple problems and causes your computer to repeatedly crash. After all, it is the beta version.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek