Author Topic: Anti-Virus warning message  (Read 11387 times)

Offline flabookworm

Anti-Virus warning message
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
First off, let me apologize because I am sure others have posted about this already, but I am not very techno literate and need KISS princiiple answers. Speak slowly and carefully.

OK, I have XP on a Dell desktop. I have Comodo Firewall, Antivirus and Safesurf, all recommended by a friend.
I have CAV build version 2.0.17.58

I keep getting the error message about needing to upgrade - but I have downloaded the CIS files three times already? Don't they just overwrite the current program? What do I need to do to stop getting these messages?

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
Re: Anti-Virus warning message
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »
Download this installer, use it to uninstall CAV and CFP, restart, then use it to install CIS.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »
First off, let me apologize because I am sure others have posted about this already, but I am not very techno literate and need KISS princiiple answers. Speak slowly and carefully.

OK, I have XP on a Dell desktop. I have Comodo Firewall, Antivirus and Safesurf, all recommended by a friend.
I have CAV build version 2.0.17.58

I keep getting the error message about needing to upgrade - but I have downloaded the CIS files three times already? Don't they just overwrite the current program? What do I need to do to stop getting these messages?

I would strongly recommend that you

1) Download the latest Comnodo Internet Security installer from the Comodo web site
2) Uninstall your existing installation of Comodo Anti-Virus
3) Reboot
4) Uninstall your current installkation of Comodo Firewall Pro
5) Reboot
6) Install Comodo Internet Security from the installer downloaded in step 1

There are enormous internal differences between version 2 of the AV and the version included in CIS. I simply cannot recommend trying an upgrade - I doubt it would work. Uninstall reboot and re-install is preferred.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline flabookworm

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:32 AM »
Thanks Jeremy and Ewen! I will give it a try this weekend! I appreciate your easy-to-understand explanations. I am sure I will have more questions, especially about Firewall, as I learn how to use it.

Do you have a "Comodo for Dummies" thread? I tried to read some of the FAQ but they are written in a language I don't understand.

Obviously, my tech-savvy friend was just trying to be helpful when he recommended your products. I just wish there was more info geared to those of us who know where the ON button is on our computers - and that's about all we know.

Again, many thanks!   (:WAV)

3xist

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 04:56:53 AM »
Help file in CIS or the Guide Board should be good (different from FAQ). :) We got a few people already making Guides & Contributing to that board.

Josh

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek