no-dns-yet.ccanet.co.uk?

Anyone want to provide some insight into why cmdagent is making connections to the aforementioned address. SecureDNS is not being used.

$ dig no-dns-yet.ccanet.co.uk

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2-P1 <<>> no-dns-yet.ccanet.co.uk
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 46338
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;no-dns-yet.ccanet.co.uk.       IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
ccanet.co.uk.           1200    IN      SOA     ns0.comododns.com. hostmaster.comodogroup.com. 2013012401 1200 600 604800 1200

;; Query time: 265 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Feb  1 14:04:47 2013
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 117

Can you give some background info? What you were doing? which app? The address you have ‘no-dns.*’ is a name given as part of a reverse IP lookup. eg: dig -x 8.20.247.20 however in your case Comodo hasn’t issued a specific name for the IP that was being looked up. It wouldn’t matter if you’re using Comodo SecureDNS or not, the reverse for the IP will still be the same.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t recall exactly what was doing, I think I was just comparing information between KillSwitch and Task manager. It was in TM that I noticed the connection. The only applications open were CIS, KS and task manager.

[attachment deleted by admin]

So, any idea?

That I do not have. I suggest you should contact the other products forums as they may be more knowledgeable, Also posting the IP address related to the no-dns-exists hostname might help as well. Sorry I cannot help you much more than that.

I have no idea but saw the same address earlier today whilst doing a DNS lookup with GRC’s DNS spoofability test https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm on my W8 system

I forgot to mention I don’t use comodo secure DNS in above post