What's Best to run, CCleaner or Comodo System Cleaner.

Hi there.

I am just wondering which is best cleaner to run on my Windows 7 Machine.

Will it be CCleaner. Or am I best to run Comodo System Cleaner.

Both bits of software run similar to each other.

So I just thought I ask the Question.

ccleaner

Thanks wasgij6 I will use the CCleaner.

The Only thing I notice that CCleaner don’t have over Comodo’s System Cleaner is a Privacy Cleaner.

Or Maybe it is there and I have not check it under the Advance area of CCleaner.

I don’t know at this time but thanks. :slight_smile:

I also would go for ccleaner , because csc is too unstable and will cause a lot of bsods…to make ccleaner more interesting there is a sort of plug in available called cenhancer , wich will ad more things to the original ccleaner and will give you a more in depth clean…you can download it here :

what ever you do DO NOT ENABLE THE PREFETCH folder clean option , this will ■■■■■ your pc up , because the start ups of your pc are stored in this folder!!!

for privacy cleaning there is :

eusing window washer also free , you can download from here :

wise disk cleaner free , do not change any of the default setting of this one , because these setting are the most safe to use…

you can download wise disk cleaner here :

use a combo of these three , and your good to go!!!

Thanks Barry for your help there. :slight_smile:

I will give those links a shot.

Many thanks again. And No I won’t go near prefetch.

Mind you Prefech is a topic on its own. :slight_smile: Some people say Prefetch is great to clear the junk from your PC that gets collected from websites etc. And some People say don’t ever go near Prefetch it messes up your PC.

So you are left to think. Who do I believe! But I choose not to use Prefetch. :slight_smile:

and that is a wise choice :wink: because it’s REALY bad for your pc’s health , trust me I once did it by accident , and messed my machine up completely!!!
Glad to be at your service :slight_smile: so don’t mention it!!! If there is somethong else you would like to know , just send me a private message … cheerz!!

:-TU

This is what Microsoft tells about the use of the Prefetch folder:

What is the prefetch folder?

Each time you turn on your computer, Windows keeps track of the way your computer starts and which programs you commonly open. Windows saves this information as a number of small files in the prefetch folder. The next time you turn on your computer, Windows refers to these files to help speed the start process.

The prefetch folder is a subfolder of the Windows system folder. The prefetch folder is self-maintaining, and there’s no need to delete it or empty its contents. If you empty the folder, Windows and your programs will take longer to open the next time you turn on your computer.

This is how I understand it. At best cleaning can set something straight that Windows could or did not. It will give a temporary decrease of performance when building up the new prefetcher data.

latest version of CSC was nice and stable.
anyone had issues with the latest version?

yes stable but filled with bugs which i have reported. is csc still being developed havent seen anything for a few months

Thank you for the info.

+1

I tried the new Free Scan, from Geek Buddy Health Care.
So it found over 100. Junk files and 50 odd Privacy. So at the Bottom it says Click here to get to Subscribe to Geek Buddy. I have that anyway. So I pressed Chat now and spoke to one of the Geek Buddies and I said. How can I clear Junk files & Privacy found after the new Free Scan from Geek Buddy? He said have you got Comodo System cleaner. I said no! So he advised me to get it and run CSC So I said Ok thanks. He said anything else I can help you with said I’m good thx. So left there and run the CSC and once done I ran a other free Scan and it found 10 junk files only. So ran CSC once again. Did a new scan of Geek Buddy health scan and it found no issues?

So what beats me why would I run CSC twice to make my system 100%? But anyway I will run both CCleaner with the Extra Plug-in. Called CCEhancer what Barry1976 told me about which looks real good!

I had csc installed for a while and it frose up on me a couple of times and after trying to do a in depth clean I got a bsod a couple of times , also the wellknown cleanervalidator.exe problem was anoying , so I uninstalled it…but I still think its a shame , because I really love them comodo products!!!