CSU won't start

Running XP sp3, when I try to run CSU, it says can only be started by Admin. logged on to Windows. I am the computer Admin., but I create a password and logged in solely as Admin. and still keep getting the same message. Any ideas. I’ve used this before on other computers without any problems. Thanks in advance. ??? ???

Hello,

This message appears if you are running Windows XP with the Terminal Services stopped. You must start this service and then COMODO System Utilities will launch and work properly. This bug will be fixed in the next releases.

Thank you for your support.

Thanks Victor, but I went into Services and tried to start it but there’s no enable feature. Thanks for trying.

Hi Claw,
Try the following,
Go to Windows Start Menu/Run then copy/paste or type the following into the run bar and OK (Reboot).
sc config TermService start= auto

To disable go through the same procedure with the following line.
sc config TermService start= disabled

Please note the following alters the Windows registry:
If the above still fails try the following copy/paste into the run bar and OK (Reboot required) then do the first step again.
reg add “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server” /v TSEnabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Note: The above can be done from the run bar as above or from the Command Prompt.

Thanks captain, I finally got it working, I went to Services and right clicked Terminal Services, clicked Properties and changed Disabled to Manual, and it all works great now. Thanks for all the speedy replies I received, if you don’t mind I think I would like to stick around and try to be of some help. This is one of the best forums I’ve been on. Thanks again.

Hi Claw,
You are welcome and also very welcome to stick around. :-TU
Nice to have you on-board, enjoy.
Kind regards.
Edit: Corrected spelling.