Author Topic: Cleaner_Validator.exe  (Read 69866 times)

Offline svn

Re: Cleaner_Validator.exe
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:36 AM »
if clean_validator is giving this is causing high cpu usage disable it and this how you disable it. Start ---> run, here you write services.msc. Find clean vaildator and right click on it and select properties and here you you choose disable.
I guess this is "Comodo System - Cleaner Service" in services. I'll disable it too because several times had troubles (several weeks ago) with Cleaner_Validator: on attempt to shutdown/restart my winXP error messages and unable to shutdown without pressing power or restart buttons.

Offline ►Otto◄

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 12:54:45 AM »

It's  been over three months and they still haven't gotten it right.
Just uninstall Comodo and your problems are gone.  Your CPU will thank you.

Offline svn

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 05:21:50 AM »
Got today:

Cleaner_Validator 0x10022739 access to 0x00000000, memory can't be read

After that: closed uTorrent (2 errors "not enough system resources"), closed Firefox (problems with viewing pages), after that I was able start  task manager (before that error 0x12 or something like that) and found that CleanerValidator using 126192KB memory. Windows explorer bugged (no folder pictures when I trying to store this text file from Notepad++, error "no quotes" to access "My Documents"). After restart everything works. Hope it helps to fix. Will wait for working CSC.
WinXP sp3.

Offline Bracca

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:54 AM »
Same problem here as well. From time to time Cleaner_validator.exe uses 25% to 45% of the system resources available on my Intel Core 2 quad Q6600 2.4GHz. It's rather easy to fix with ctrl + alt + del / ctrl shift esc (can't remember the name of the thingie that pops up with running processes and what other, hum) and choose it from the process list and terminate it. This seems to disable (for me) the active cleaning, even though it is not enabled on my PC, yet the System Cleaner is left running without hogging extra CPU resources.

Strange, but I only really see this problem when I play something with full settings (Say any of the "newer" games as in Left 4 Dead 2). Just

Atleast, this solution has so far worked on both Windoxs XP SP3 and OEM Windows 7 Finnish edition (not sure of the version number).

Nutshell: Termiante the process Cleaner_validation.exe on Windows XP running Servicepack 3 with a 2 core processor or bigger and handle the cleaning of files (disc, privacy, registry) manually by opening the System Cleaner and choosing what to remove, untill a fix is prepared.

Hope this helps some of you who wish to keep System Cleaner with them.  ;D

Offline Brandons420

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
Every 5 minutes I get a windows vista message pop up  "Cleaner_Validator.exe has stopped working and was closed" if I hit the help button it refers me to data execution prevention,.

Basically Comodo used to be a really good product, but it seems someone coded something and they dont know how to fix it now, + interactive help is a joke they have no clue whats going on.

so sadly, i will uninstall comodo and find another program to use

Offline slim49

Cleaner_Validator.exe resource H O G
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »
I have had slow EVERYTHING since this THING popped up.
wasted so much time on it.
I have done the:
 run/services.msc & stopped all processes on it.
any more issues & I WILL delete the whole thing!!!!
I had liked the proggie..... I was a version 1.1 user in 97 when Kevin 1st started.
S U C K S ever since they booted him.
Steve

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: Cleaner_Validator.exe resource H O G
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
I had liked the proggie..... I was a version 1.1 user in 97 when Kevin 1st started.
S U C K S ever since they booted him.

Ummmm .......

Comodo System Cleaner has nothing to do with the privacy cleaner that Kev put out. This was developed from scratch in the Romanian development labs, as far as I know.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Nike_DK

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
Hi there,
Do I need the Cleaner_Validator.exe util to stay resident in my PC memory in order to use the CSC application, or can I just start CSC, and the application will then detect wich files etc to clean on my PC at that time ???

This process is the real time part of CSC. It monitors the file system and registry for items to clean so when you open CSC it already lists the files that need cleaning and you don't need to scan to find them. It is also used by active clean to remove these files and registry keys as they are created.

Every few minutes it will jump up to 25% CPU usage ( I presume using one full core on my system). I guess this is because i have active clean enabled and it is deleting files etc. I haven't noticed any considerable slow down my self.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Nike_DK

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »
Hi there,

Do I need Cleaner_Validator.exe to stay resident in my PC memory in order to use the CSC application, or can I just start CSC, and the application will then detect wich files etc to clean on the PC ???

/Nike

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 09:44:22 AM »
Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums Nike_DK!

cleaner_Validator.exe must be on if you want it to do its job.

Regards,
            Valentin N

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Nike_DK

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 05:07:38 AM »
Hi Valentine,
Thank you for your kind and warm welcome here on the Forum - I look forward to stay here and learn a lot regarding the various comodo products etc.  :)
Yes Valentine, It's correct that Cleaner_Validator.exe util must stay resident in memory when cleaning the PC - But (as far as I can see) you don't need it the rest of the time, and thus you can safely stop the CSC service running under the XP Services manager in the control panel.
When you need to clean your PC again you simply starts your CSC application again, (not the CSC Service) and the resident Cleaner_Validator.exe util AUTOMATICALLY loads again as a TSR program in memory, until you again stop the CSC service itself by hand on the PC.
I've been using the application like that, and it works just perfect protecting my PC from this memory hungry application.
Thus most of the time you DON't need Cleaner_Validator.exe staying resident in your memory taking up a lot of ressources + CPU power (sometimes up to 60%) etc. on your PC
Regards
/Nike

Offline katillac

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
Hello,

Cleaner_Validator.exe only does it's job when the processor is idle. If anyone is using the core of the processor that Cleaner_Validator.exe is using, we wait until that job is done.

I am running 3.0.172695.53 and since I updated to version 3, it has been dragging my system so much that my motherboard is signalling memory overload. It'll do that before my system goes BSOD. The cleaner_validator.exe is running not only when the rest of the system is idle, but also runs during heavy application use. I use Process Explorer, which allows me to watch it as it eats CPU cycles.

I'm going to try to find version 2 until this problem is fixed, or I'll just dump the System Cleaner altogether. I like it better than CClean, but CC only runs when I tell it to.

::sigh::

Offline JohnOShock

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2011, 07:11:10 AM »
I was checking windows resource monitor to see what background processes were slowing down my PC, and using oceans of memory.
Cleaner_validator.exe and Windows search indexer were the main culprits.
In particular, the comodo service for the cleaner really slowed things down. whether it's some kind of conflict with Windows 7 or what? uninstalling it was my option.
If a utility is supposed to be helping me maintain my computer's health, then it should at least have its own operation under control first.
Comodo Firewall is a great product, but I am not sure about the rest yet.......   :-\

Offline kappert

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
Same problem here.
What a disappointment! I was so happy with COMODO System Cleaner 2.0 and have recommended it to everyone. But the BASIC DESIGN of 3.0 is simply broken:

There is absolutely NO need for registry cleaning to be an ongoing process! It is something you do every few weeks, only needed after installing/uninstalling software. That's how 2.0 worked and it was GREAT!
With 3.0 one now has to mess with service configuration to prevent Cleaner_Validator.exe from running all the time.

I did not know COMODO and came across its free System Cleaner when looking for a true 64 bit registry cleaner. COMODO really gained my respect with 2.0. A technically great program at no cost - best advertising you could think of! Unfortunately 3.0 completely undoes this. For me 3.0 is useless and I will uninstall it and go back to CCleaner until 3.0 gets an option that completely gets rid off and disables Cleaner_Validator.exe.

:-TD

Offline yantra

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 03:16:04 AM »
Hi. I am a new Comodo user. ZAP was just getting too buggy for me. So last weekend I installed Comodo Firewall, Comodo Backup and CSC. I too had the issue with cleaner_validator.exe pounding my core i5. Bugs are one thing, but I find it more than unfortunate that Razvan (Comodo official?) would post that this process only grabs CPU when system is idle.

I opened Google Chrome from which I watch Netflix on my HDMI connected 2nd monitor. On the laptop screen I ran some monitor apps and sure enough, the usual 25% to 75% activity on my cores were pegging out at 100% when cleaner_validator was running. The same was true with Quake3 when I ran some recorded game matches (demos use less CPU than live action) which didn't usually peg out my cores either. But cleaner_validator was doing it's thing smashing them cores up to 100% with game vid hiccups galore. So yes. I set that process to manual start up and just kill when I'm Done with CSC

:-\ What gives Razvan?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek