Author Topic: webview question  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Pfipps

• Comodo Family Member
webview question
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »
What makes the webview function (without password) any more secure than a plain text message? Couldn't the address just be read in plain text?

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
Re: webview question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 04:18:23 PM »
Webview explained further:

If your contact does not want to download and install SE then they have the option (if allowed in encryption settings) to use the Web Reader service. The process they will follow is:

After receiving the notification email they simply need to forward it to secure-read[at]secure-email.comodo.com.

After forwarding the mail, the server will send them another email message containing a link to our Web Reader service where they can securely view the message.

Your recipient clicks on the link to visit the Web Reader server which will decrypt the message and display it over a secure SSL connection.

So the message is still sent securely and viewed over a secure connection once the intended sender is verified by the varification email.

Hope this helps...

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline Pfipps

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »
So the password in the address bar is encrypted? And if the certificate is "one use," why can I keep on accessing the test email I sent to my other email account?

Offline bulkaeu

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:03 AM »
Hi,

Certificate is for "one use" - that means that it is used only once for encryption/decryption reasons.
Actually, we are expecting that your recipient will download Comodo SecureEmail and will decrypt it locally
it is the most safe way to read this e-mail. Then your recipient will send any signed e-mail to you and you will get his certificate for encryption.
WebReader was developed to let people who don't want to install and download software (or can't) read received e-mails encrypted with generated session "one use" certificate.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Regards, Eugene. 

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek