Author Topic: A zillion problems (was: Email Folders Scanning) -- IS CSE DISCONTINUED??  (Read 11288 times)

Offline David.P

Hi forum & Comodo team,

I tried to get my email folders scanned by CSE, but to no avail. After installing CSE and restarting Thunderbird, I was not prompted by CSE whether I would like to scan my inbox. Instead, nothing happened.

Thus, two questions:

• Can I manually invoke an email folders scan, and how?
  • What does CSE do when scanning my email folders -- will it permanently decrypt any encrypted mail it finds?

Thanks already for advice,
Regards David.P

--
Windows XP 32 Bit
Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1.6 with POP mail access
CSE installed in Network Level Mode
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:14:26 AM by David.P »

Offline David.P

Re: Email Folders Scanning -- Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
*bump*

Anyone so kind as to help with this issue?

Thanks,
David.P

PS: ...and please make dialog boxes resizable since unfortunately CSE is not compatible with higher screen resolutions and respective Windows display DPI settings as can be seen here:

PPS: ...why would I get the above message at all? I just installed a brand new certificate for the first of the two recipients in the CSE certificate manager (and I can see that it is there). It has the form of name[at]company.com.cer, and it works without problem when used for sending mail directly using Thunderbird S/MIME (without CSE).

PPPS:... and why is it that I can't seem to have more than one Certificate in "Other People's Certificates":

...when at the same time I have lots and lots of Certificates of other people in the Certificate Manager?

When I try and import someone's Certificate from the "Other People's Certificates" screen, I always get a success message -- but then, the imported Certificate still is not shown (and doesn't seem to be usable for encryption either).

??? :-\ ???
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:32:38 PM by David.P »

Offline David.P

Re: Email Folders Scanning -- Thunderbird
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 06:04:36 AM »
Even more Problems and questions.

ComodoSE.exe starts three dozen times -- what the heck.....!??

I DO have a certificate for this mail address! And it IS installed in the CSE Certificate Manager! So what's the point with this message....?

Actually -- regarding these zillion problems, and as no one from Comodo seems to care replying with some help: HAS THIS PRODUCT BEEN DISCONTINUED?

THANKS! already for information.

Very disappointed,
David.P
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:27:29 AM by David.P »

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
I don't think it's discontinued.

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
I don't think it's discontinued.
No it hasn't but it seemingly has a reaaaaaaly low priority, still waiting for a few features to get implemented also  :-\
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline David.P

So if no one from the company cares to answer even any of my questions -- could you guys at least TELL YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS TO JUST GO AWAY ????

So that I can CLOSE the unpleasant chapter "COMODO" for me personally, and go and look elsewhere?

David.P

Offline David.P

Was ein toter Saftladen hier.

:-TD :-TD :-TD

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek