Author Topic: Help with CDE on external hdd  (Read 6712 times)

Offline koblih22

Help with CDE on external hdd
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »

Hi guys,

I read loads of threads here, yet I cant find any useful reply. I just dont understand what happened/what to do to fix my problem as follows:

- I installed CDE few days ago on my W7 x86 Ultimate system
- encrypted my external sata hdd as one partition, using password protection (not boot up password )
- today I reboot my laptop and since then I cant load my encrypted ext.hdd, getting error messages:
  - "CDE has detected that your disc configuration has changed. please restart windows."
    - after reboot the same messages apper again and again..
  - "Cannot add encrypted partiton."
    - I tried all possible versions of has + encryption algorythms, all times with the same password, getting
      the same "answer" all the time

Im not familiar with this kind of software and issues as it was my first-time. Can anybody help me to sort it out, PLEASE?

P.S. found a thread about restoring W7 MBR.. I dont have any W7 bootable media. Will the restore be the way how to get out of this mess..??

Thank you in advance.
koblih22

Offline koblih22

Re: Help with CDE on external hdd
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »
Hope Im not OT with this, but I found EXACT description of my problem, even the hdd brand is the same..

Though I tried to fix it concerning the hint in this ( http://forums.comodo.com/help-cde/western-digital-hard-drive-not-working-please-help-t49065.0.html) thread, it doesnt help. Or, I am doing something wrong..

Im lost. Whenever I typed the password by bootup it doesnt change anything and CDE still shows message : "CDE has detected that your disk configuration has changed. Please restart windows."

Is there ANY help..?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:09:29 PM by koblih22 »

Offline psyczrm

Re: Help with CDE on external hdd
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:27:43 PM »
I too am having this issue. I just want to decrypt my hard drive and get all of my information off of it. This is causing me a MAJOR headache...  :(

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek