Author Topic: Bacspace should go back - extension  (Read 572 times)

Offline Czerno

• Comodo Member
Bacspace should go back - extension
« on: January 28, 2021, 06:48:59 AM »
Hi Comodo users and staff !
Just updated to v.85 Dragon, looks all fine, thank you !
Upon the  first restart after the update, CD popped up a warning about having disabled the "Backspace should go back!" extension which I had been using since long, as containing malware. Oooopsie ! Extension since removed from the Dragon altogether, may I ask the Community for a suggested replacement - one not flagged as malware ?

I never understood why the backspace key action of going back one level (when keyboard focus is at the URL or "omni"-bar) was removed from Chrome in the first place, anyway. Since everybody in their right mind wants it, it's so completely intuitive. Oh, well, Goooogle...

TYIA !

Offline Sergiu90

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Everything short of perfection is irrelevant
Re: Bacspace should go back - extension
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 08:44:51 AM »
Hi Comodo users and staff !
Just updated to v.85 Dragon, looks all fine, thank you !
Upon the  first restart after the update, CD popped up a warning about having disabled the "Backspace should go back!" extension which I had been using since long, as containing malware. Oooopsie ! Extension since removed from the Dragon altogether, may I ask the Community for a suggested replacement - one not flagged as malware ?

I never understood why the backspace key action of going back one level (when keyboard focus is at the URL or "omni"-bar) was removed from Chrome in the first place, anyway. Since everybody in their right mind wants it, it's so completely intuitive. Oh, well, Goooogle...

TYIA !

Hello Czerno, thank you for your feedback you can try this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc/related?hl=en

Offline Czerno

• Comodo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 10:54:35 AM »
Hello Czerno, thank you for your feedback you can try this extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc/related?hl=en

Workss like a charm, thank you ! Assuming this one does not eventually get classified 'malware" like the one I had been using. BTW where could I read a report of why "Backspace should go back!" got flagged down and how to remove any unwanted changes it might have done to this computer ?

Offline Sergiu90

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Everything short of perfection is irrelevant
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 04:00:28 AM »
Workss like a charm, thank you ! Assuming this one does not eventually get classified 'malware" like the one I had been using. BTW where could I read a report of why "Backspace should go back!" got flagged down and how to remove any unwanted changes it might have done to this computer ?

Hello Czerno, i do now know why but you can check forums on COS/CIS or ask there maybe someone may help you with that

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek