How to uninstall Comodo Cleaning Essentials?

Sorry, wasn’t sure if this was the right place to post this.

I would like to uninstall CCE but there seems to be no trace of it anywhere in Add or Remove Programs. CCE appears at start up holding everything up until I cancel it and I would just like to be able to remove it.

I am not very computer savy so I’d really appreciate advice for dummies!

Thanks,

Ketsele

Hi Ketsele, welcome to the forums.

As far as I know CCE doesn’t need to be uninstalled as it is a stand-alone application and can just be deleted.

However, CCE appearing at start-up suggests that at one time a scan was run that included scanning for hidden folders/files (not a default setting)… I believe this type of scan requires CCE to reboot your PC and continue the scan afterwards. If this scan never completes due to being cancelled, then it might continue to appear until such a time that it is allowed to complete.

But, that’s only a guess based on what you’ve posted, can you provide a screen shot of the CCE window at startup or provide more details about the CCE window?

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry to take a while to come back.

I don’t know how to take a screen shot but what appears after I log on is a box with “Open File - Security Warning” at the top and then Name: CCE exe, with the options to ‘run’ or ‘cancel’. The rest of the programs on my PC will only start loading up once I get rid of this box.

Originally, I downloaded CCE to run a quick scan to check for problems but the advice I was following was to just use it as a diasnostic tool, but not actually delete any of the files it highlighted as it could harm the computer. So the stage I had reached was to run the check and then cancel it once the information was provided.

What would happen if I clicked ‘run’?

Thanks!

Ketsele

How to post a screenshot?

To copy a screenshot of the active window push alt+print screen to copy the active window to the clipboard (pushing print screen will copy the complete window to the clipboard not just the active window). The window is now copied to the clipboard. Paste the image in any image editing program, Paint, Paint.net, the Gimp etc. Use the “crop” function to resize the canvas to size of the image. Now save the file as 32 bits png image.

At the forum push the reply button. Or when using the Quick reply type some text and push the preview button.

Underneath the text box click on Additional options. Push the Choose button and navigate to the file and select it. When you want to post more images click on the more attachments link.

When done typing push the Post or Preview button.

Thanks Eric, hoping this will work …

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Ketsele,
The alert will be activated on every boot until run is selected.

This is due to CCE creating a temporary boot scan process (Script) that needs to finalize.

Allow it to run and a few moments after the scan initializes you should then see a screen showing if any threats are found or not.
Once it completes the scan, then as Kail said it is only a matter of deleting the CCE folder and it will be removed.

Edit note: This alert might not be present on all systems, it might vary depending on Windows security settings.