Author Topic: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list [v1 no longer updated]  (Read 166125 times)

Offline Matthias

foreign letters in filename prevent backup
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
Hi,

I am running a german XP SP3 and have a few files with cyrilic letters in the filename. Backup failing to copy these files. The log file says something like.

Code: [Select]
Error copying file D:\a\b\???? ?????????.doc
while the filename - visible in the explorer says Фото Категории.doc and the file is fully accessible.

Rather sad, because the tool is good otherwise.

Regards,
Matthias

Offline brilliantbeer

Re: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 12:36:17 PM »
Has any converted the exe to a msi file?

Offline dadep

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »
Hello,
In my installation doesn't work the pre-exec script in External Tasks. I'm using a vbs script to shutdown MS Outlook 2007.
If it is executed by hand from ms-dos shell, it works, from comodo backup, doesn't.

Does anyone have some other way to close OL ?

thanks & regards
Davide

Offline rosenvik

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 12:38:08 PM »
I can´t make CB test e-mail me. All settings are ok but nothing happends. Any suggestions?

Offline Tu9a2

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 12:19:07 AM »
I need to use Comodo Backupinstalled on a remote server, backup some files, than upload a zipped file to my FTP server. But it seems not smooth at all. My backup job can hardly finish.

Sometimes it just connected to the FTP server, then tried to copy and compress my files, and finally, do nothing else  ??? That means no file was added to my FTP server, and the connection was timeout.

Sometimes it can upload the zipped file to my FTP server, but even when the upload process finished (I got the needed file), Comodo still continue running that job on and on and on, and I can neither stop it nor close Comodo Backup.

Sometimes, thank God, everything goes the right way as it should do.

I've tried using Comodo Backup for scheduling backup, but I think I can't count on it.

Comodo Backup: v1.0.4.337
FTP server: using Filezilla
Connection between "Comodo server" and FTP server checked by "ping -t" command. It's always ok.

Offline Andrei Ciubotaru

• Comodo's Hero
    • COMODO Security Solutions Inc.
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2009, 06:31:52 AM »
Hello,

You could use CB 2 to do this, but will not be zip, but .cbu format. CB is still BETA.
Regards,
Andrei Ciubotaru
Product Manager

Follow me!

Offline ChasO2

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »
Major serious error in Comodo Backup, files not actually backed up!

Comodo Backup Ver: 1.0.4.337, Windows 2000 Pro, NTFS file system,   

Backup mode: Simple Copy
Backup type: User backup, no compression, include subfolders
Destination: Local disk to different local disk
Incremental backup.  All file types selected.

Folder with 61.8 GB, 4,996 files in 79 folders

The first folders and files backed up OK, then the backup folders left empty without the backup being done.  The Log file lists the files as copied (they were not).  Says backup successful without any errors.  Source drive has 47 GB free and the Destination drive 117 GB free.  Files are .jpg, .nef and .tif., no non-ASCII characters. 

Example of full path to a file: 
N:\Photo_4 Disk\India08\080412_MarariBeach\IN080412_DSC4827.NEF

Very serious if one thinks a backup has been done, but not all files are copied.  This has now happened a number of times on different backup sets. 

Offline ChasO2

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 08:45:51 AM »
Having asked, commented, about files not being copied I've found out a little more, but not sure what is happening exactly.  There still seems to be a major problem, backups need to be 100 foolproof.  The backup did copy files, but not to the designated location.  They seemed to have picked up the drive letter from a previous backup instead of the one specified. 

I've put more complete explanation of this in the main help section.  Still suspect its a bug, but maybe now more explainable.

Offline josh797

• Comodo Member
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
Having a similar problem as listed above..
Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 with backing up to an external hard drive, on WinXP Home SP3.
Backup mode: "Copy with deleting other than source files"
Backup type: "User Backup"
Options: Incremental Backup

When I delete a local folder and its contents, on the next backup, the folder already backed up will not be erased, only its contents.

Any way to fix this? The folders are not market as read only on source and destination as well.
Thanks, Josh

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
Comodo is working on Comodo Backup version 2.x.
As far as i know there won't be an update on version 1.x anymore.

This "feature" from version 1.x is a bug... as far as i know there is no workaround other then to try the current beta version 2.x
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline dinonext

Cannot use service backup
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »
When i install comodo on a remote machine,i cannot select service backup from menu,only user backup is available.
On a local machine service backup is working perfect.
Please help me to solve this problem.

THANKS

Offline wds52

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2009, 09:42:05 AM »
Problems with incremental backups to CD/DVD media:

Running XP SP2, using Simple Copy/User Backup/Incremental of various C: drive data directories. 

When the destination is a hard drive directory, incremental backups work with no problem; files already in the destination folder are not recopied from the source.. new or changed files are.  But with CD or DVD destination (no Macros) Comodo acts like it imports previous sessions from the CD/DVD as it should and the compare was performed but the software still copies all the source files to the destination in a new session.  Repeating the backup again and again creates a new session each time with all the files copied.

Saw several messages related to this elsewhere in the forum and it seems this might be related to the "fix" in version 1.0.2.0 for multi-session DVDs/CDs.  From the Comodo revision history for 1.0.2.0: "Fixed disability to write file to a multisession DVD, if some file with the same name was already written to this DVD."  Does this imply that incremental backups to CD/DVD is really intended to be a full backup?  If this is not the case, there might be some logic problem related to new sessions being created on the CD/DVD affecting the file compare. 

In any event the only workaround I see is to use hard disk storage to build proper incremental backups, then do a full backup of these to DVD, which isn't exactly what was desired.

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »
Hello Wds52,

Welcome to the forums.
The current release will no longer be updated, Comodo is running Backup version 2.x in beta right now.
You might try that version to see if that fits your needs.

You can find it in the beta corner here
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline wds52

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Thanks but the 2.0.97061.3 Beta does not yet support incremental backups of files and folders, nor does it support CD/DVD media as near as I could tell.

Offline J2897

• Comodo's Hero
  • Limted User Account Enforcer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »
When I Connect to my 'FTP Server' using an 'FTP Client', I see these Folders...

Example:

Domain1.com
Domain2.com
Domain3.com
Domain4.com
htdocs

I can move 'Local Files' from my PC to all Five Folder's (Backup to any) on the 'FTP Server'.

My problem is, with 'Comodo BackUp', I can only Backup to One Folder; the 'htdocs' Folder.

... So it looks like I am going to have to stick with using my FTP Client to Backup via FTP for now. Or I will probably just try the BETA 2.x instead.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek