Author Topic: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list [v1 no longer updated]  (Read 164611 times)

Offline petedilloway

Re: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 09:58:15 AM »
I do 2 back ups.  1 full backup of everything in MyDocuments to an external disk and 2 backups splitting the full MyDocuments to 2 separate internal disks.

Logic says that if MyDocs contain 1000 files & 100 folders, that's what the backups will contain (ignoring temp files etc). Though I have yet make Comodo delete unwanted files.

I run this on two separate PC's.  One full backup mirrors Mydocs exactly but the split backup added 2 folders and 53 files.  The excess were false entries.

The other PC has the inverse.  The split backup is spot on but the full backup ignores 32 files and despite their bona-fide presence in MyDocs, Comodo won't save them.  The remaining files in that folder are saved ok.

I have yet to find a backed up file that is not accessible but given earlier errors I can't help but be a little worried by the inaccuracies.

Offline Tails

• TailsTeam
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
Hello, I'm using Comodo Backup 1.0.4.377 under Windows Vista (Home Premium 32b).
I have several backups:
My Data > Backup drive (second hard drive in my computer. I have two of them).
My Data > HTPC (via network. Path is defined as \\HTPC\data\Zaloha)
My Data > Brother's computer (same as above, but path is \\UbuchyPC\Zaloha)
HTPC Data > My PC (\\HTPC is source now)
HTPC Data > Brother's Computer (both source and destination paths are remote computers).

Every backup works perfectly, if I run them manually. BUT! I have each one scheduled to perform at Comodo Backup startup and then every 3 hours.

And there's a problem. At Comodo Backup startup all 5 backups are performed.
But after 3 hours, only first backup in the list performs. All the other backup tasks don't perform at all (even after six, or more hours).

If I delete, or rename first backup task in the list, so another one gets to the top of list, then that backup task will perform every 3 hours, but the others not. Then there's certainly no problem in backup configuration. Comodo Backup just launches only the first backup in the list every 3 hours no matter which one is it.

I hope you can fix this bug, because Comodo Backup is a great utility for securing my data (S) , but this bug is really unpleasant, because I have to run all backups manually (except the first one).  :(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:37:00 PM by Tails »

Offline selgan

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
There seems to be a problem when backing up to FTP. If the file size to upload is 100mb or over, it will not transfer. If its less, it works just fine. I tried different FTP servers and every combination of settings you can try and got the same result.

Offline JJasper

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »
Hi selgan

Welcome to the Comodo forum

I hadn't heard of a file size limit for FTP upload but it could very well be so.  I use Backup regularly but not to FTP so if anyone else can help us out here it would be welcomed.

John

CGPMaster

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »
It would be the settings of the server not the Product...

I back up 1TB of information Every Two Months With Comodo Back Up
Works perfectly Fine with me

CG

Offline OntarioCA

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
Running WindowsXP SP2 (on source and destination computers).
Destination folder is on mapped drive on networked computer.

(R)
GREAT program!  Straight forword and easy to setup and use, but I am seeing one problem others are talking about in this forum...  The folders that I delete in the source are NOT deleted from the destination.

Anyone have any idea when some or all of these bugs are going to be fixed?

Is there any projected release date for the next version??

Thank you!
OntarioCA

Offline stanleycheung

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 01:34:36 AM »
When backup to FTP server, it seems unable to get the ftp server folder structure, it will show an error window (see attached screen shot) by pressing the [ Select folder ] button.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.
Stanley

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline OntarioCA

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:30 AM »
When backup to FTP server, it seems unable to get the ftp server folder structure, it will show an error window (see attached screen shot) by pressing the [ Select folder ] button.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks.
Stanley
It looks like your FTP server is not configured correctly for that user account.  Make sure the FTP user account is allowed to create folders.

Offline stanleycheung

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
It looks like your FTP server is not configured correctly for that user account.  Make sure the FTP user account is allowed to create folders.

I'm sure the user account is correctly configured. Press [Test] button returned successful connection. I can backup to the same ftp server with the same user account using SynBackSE trial version, I also tested other ftp servers but failed. I don't know whether a setting somewhere in the program is wrong.

Thanks.
Stanley

Offline stanleycheung

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
Anybody could use Backup to FTP server without error?

Stanley

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »
Yep - I regularly backup .5 - 1.25 GB of data to a private server using FTP. I have it to be more reliable with compression disabled, though.

Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline OntarioCA

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »
Anybody could use Backup to FTP server without error?

Stanley
It works for me too.  I backup to my FTP server thru LAN and WAN from remote locations.  It all works.
(:CLP)

The only problem I have is when I delete folders in the source, the corresponding folders in the destination do NOT get deleted.  I do have it set to "Backup Mode - Copy with deleting other than source files."
(:AGY)

And why-oh-why would the program let you backup to an FTP server, but not let you restore from an FTP?  You can ONLY restore from local machine.  Of course you could always use an FTP Client to get your files back when your computer or hard drive crashes.  But it sure would be nice to have that feature right there in Comodo Backup.
:THNK
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:18:39 PM by OntarioCA »

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
Re: Comodo Backup 1.0.4.337 bug list - NEW BUGGGGG!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 09:30:12 PM »
See attached.

Windows Vista Home Premium, 32bit, Service Scheduled backup, etc.

Edit: I tried a manual backup and a service backup, both don't post the new date.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:26:24 PM by jeremysbost »

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 09:39:10 PM »
The date shows the last time the backup lob was manually run from within the GUI. Service backups, fro some reason, don't get recorded here.

Can you please add this to the wishlist?

Cheers,
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 12:25:42 PM »
The date shows the last time the backup lob was manually run from within the GUI. Service backups, fro some reason, don't get recorded here.

Can you please add this to the wishlist?

Cheers,

I just did a manual backup.  I have done manual and service backups, but it still won't post the new dates.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek