Author Topic: Firewall Tutorial for Emule with Comodo Internet Security  (Read 204192 times)

Offline Geko

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Tutorial for Emule with Comodo Firewall 3
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »
Are you sure that the direction is "IN"?? Maybe there has to be another rule for "OUT".

Have a look at the registering:

Look at the errors I get with the servers (I don't have errors conecting, I think it's because the sources can't reach cause of the ServerUDPPort): Just guessing

Thanks.

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
When I made the rules I was using mostly the KAD network and they worked fine with it.

Just this moment I was testing the edk network only. And it seems that for connecting to the edk network emule uses the first free udp port it finds.  >:(

Anyway, I just updated the rules and hopefully this will be the last one. ;D

Offline prallo

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 12:11:57 AM »
Someboidy asked :
Start Emule. When Comodo asks you with a popup, choose Treat this application as select Emule and enable Remember my answer.

That d,ont happens  to me...

I have the same problem !!!
Please answer !

Thx

I can choose Treat this application as:
                                                             Installer or Updater
                                                             Trusted Application
                                                             Windows System Application
                                                             Isolated Application
                                                             Limited Application

There´s no choice for emule.
Why ? I did exactly what is written on page 1.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:10:19 AM by prallo »

Offline Geko

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 10:19:36 PM »
Just this moment I was testing the edk network only. And it seems that for connecting to the edk network emule uses the first free udp port it finds.  >:(

If you mean ServerUDPPort (UDP Port), this can be changed modifying "preferences.ini", which is in emule's folder, more exactly in config folder.

I have modified mine to 33702 UDP port. If "preferences.ini" is not modified the value would be 65535, which means it will use a random port. (Or the first free UDP port as you say).

"preferences.ini" modified:

Offline The Joker

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Let’s put a smile on that face!
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 07:40:47 AM »
Hello!

I have a doubt. When eMule (Scar Angel Mod) starts, the firewall don't ask me anything, but, somtimes, I receive an alert that says "emule.exe is trying to receive a connection from the internet. What would you like to do?" Is this safe? What should I do?

Thanks!
HP Pavilion DV4 2040BR l Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64 l CIS 7.0 BETA (Proactive Security) (AV: Stateful l FW: Safe Mode l HIPS: Safe Mode l Sandbox: Fully Virtualized)

It's all part of the plan!

Offline havas

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2007, 10:26:16 PM »
Could someone tells me the difference between creates these rules and just treat eMule as "Trusted Application"?
I think just make it as Trusted Application should also works.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:57:17 PM by havas »

Offline zzas

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »
don't know if I am doing something wrong. I installed Comodo just today for the first time. I am running it without Defense and Train with safe mode. All I have done is to allow emule, utorrent and downloads started excellent automatically. I don't understand much about softs and rules....am I missing something?  ???

Offline HawtDawg

• Comodo Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »
can I simply combine rule 1~3 into one rule and only set up the destination port to the port emule uses?

Also, is it possible to import the application rules from you? like import settings kinda way. I wonder if comodo firewall 3 support this thing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:41:36 AM by evil99019 »

Offline HawtDawg

• Comodo Member
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
I just noticed that if I set my source ports for UDP/TCP rules according to yours, then all my connections are blocked because most of the connections are using source ports below 1025.

what the the reason behind choosing 1025 & 65535 port? beside that they are binary numbers...

Offline signapoop

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 11:01:06 PM »
Your instructions don't work for me. I'm using a proxy server and a router. Do these affect?

When I turn off CFP, I can connect to Emule.

Any ideas how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline BlackFish83

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 06:11:32 AM »
Hi! I did everything described in the tutoral, but i still have low id. :( I have router, but I forwarded emule ports. Also Kad says firewall as state. Please help. I have no idea what I did wrong. :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:44:29 AM by BlackFish83 »

Offline weaker

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
Does it work when you disable the firewall? If not, your router isn't configured properly.

Offline tengrimountain

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2008, 11:17:21 AM »
Greetings,

Firstly thanks for instructions. I've followed them all, no problem, except KAD is not working fine, it only finds very few files when i search something. Protocol analysis is not checked, and i followed all other things that is written in the post. Still no way for effective KAD. Any idea?

Offline viktor92

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
I didn't added a new rule for Emule and Miicrotorrent and I can use both programs without any problem, should i worry abou it ??

Offline Izyr

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 03:21:07 AM »
ok I disabled protocol analysis
ok, I set up the rules...
I ran the stealth port wizard...
I set Emule to my new application rule Emule

I still get lowID

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek