Author Topic: Firewall Tutorial for Emule with Comodo Internet Security  (Read 206037 times)

Offline Miguelpi

Re: Tutorial for Emule with Comodo Firewall 3
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 04:18:10 AM »
I have configure Lphant whit my 2.4 version  same as the Emule, whit of course TCP 4662 and UDP 4772. No problems. Workinfg fine whit High ID. I try to do the same whit  version 3 following your instructions but changing to the Lphant ports. No way I try  3 or 4 times, but nothing work, allways Low ID, and Comodo not ask nothing to me, Any Idea?

Offline willy_spain

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 07:05:51 AM »
Hi from Spain,
Very good tutorial :Beer
I'd like to know about some details:
Could you explain why in rule 4 you only allow outgoing conections from one source port (the one configured in emule)??
Which is the problem allowing any conection outgoing from UDP source port (or 1025-65535)
In fact, in Firewall Events I receive lots of conections with this caractheristics bloqued (especially at first, when I launch emule, and from 2059 UDP source port, but not only)
You also block reservered destination ports 0-1024 and there are logs of conections from my TCP/UDP port to those destination ports (blocked). Is there any problem allowing them (I sopose someone uses reserved ports in emule).
About the rule for HTTP request. If I check if there is a new version, IExplorer opens and no question is made. Should I be asked by the firewall before?
Thanks a lot  (:WAV)

Offline Miguelpi

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
Start Emule. When Comodo asks you with a popup, choose Treat this application as select Emule and enable Remember my answer.

That d,ont happens  to me...

Offline Miguelpi

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »
I finally have the Lphant working whit high ID on the new version, I follow the tutorial from the Emule  but I change the TCP port to 4662 and the UDP to 4672,. Rule 5 changed from Ask to Allow and I make this selection:Go at Firewall -> Common Tasks -> Stealth ports wizard and choose
Alert me to incoming connections- stealth my ports on a per-case basis.
Now is stable and doing a very nice job.

Offline retrete

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 01:29:14 PM »
this is not exactly about emule but i can't seem to find the way to start a new topic. My question is how to configure utorrent and other bittorrent clients. help plz

Offline beatnik

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »
When I try to enable UploadSpeedSense, it fails and I get the following in the log:

"Tracerouting failed too many times. Disabling Upload SpeedSense."

Anyone have any idea on how to remedy this?  Thanks for the help.

EDIT:  In Global Rules, I made ICMP In/Out and USS now works.  I was hoping it would stop the System Idle Process blockage too, we'll see how that goes...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 06:19:29 AM by beatnik »

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 05:30:57 PM »
this is not exactly about emule but i can't seem to find the way to start a new topic. My question is how to configure utorrent and other bittorrent clients. help plz
Check here. If it gives you problems with the servers change the ask rule to allow.
http://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorial_for_utorrent_with_comodo_firewall_3-t15677.0.html

Offline skysecret

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2007, 07:23:23 AM »
thank you for your help .

your work will be appreciated  (:WAV)

Offline bxf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 08:58:54 AM »
Can anyone provide a possible reason for my not being able to connect to ED2K on eMule? KAD appears to connect properly. I've triple checked all the settings indicated in the guide. I had the same situation when I previously created similar definitions under Network Security Policy, before coming across this guide. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline bxf

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »
Can anyone provide a possible reason for my not being able to connect to ED2K on eMule? KAD appears to connect properly. I've triple checked all the settings indicated in the guide. I had the same situation when I previously created similar definitions under Network Security Policy, before coming across this guide. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please ignore. Updating the entire server list did the trick. Can't understand why NONE of the existing servers were reachable. Never mind, thanks anyway.

Offline Geko

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 10:47:37 AM »
Everything seems to work fine, except for rule 4. The firewall is registring alerts for outgoing UDP from my emule port to ports that are not in the range. Most of the alerts go to port 53. Some alerts are incoming UDP that are not in the range.   (:SAD)

So whats up with rule 4???????

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
Everything seems to work fine, except for rule 4. The firewall is registring alerts for outgoing UDP from my emule port to ports that are not in the range. Most of the alerts go to port 53. Some alerts are incoming UDP that are not in the range.   (:SAD)

So whats up with rule 4???????

They are DNS requests. You do not need them unless you select to manually update emule.

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 06:44:52 PM »
I updated the guide. :D

Offline Geko

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 08:33:38 AM »
I have ServerUDPPort port fixed at 33702 UDP.

Description:

The random port ServerUDPPort.
If it's not open, global searches are not made or receive sources except the server you are connected to.

With the defined rules in this tutorial, ServerUDPPort is not open.

¿What would the rules be?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 09:09:35 AM by Geko »

Offline pandlouk

• I love Comodo
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired Mod
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 02:59:20 PM »
I have ServerUDPPort port fixed at 33702 UDP.

Description:

The random port ServerUDPPort.
If it's not open, global searches are not made or receive sources except the server you are connected to.

With the defined rules in this tutorial, ServerUDPPort is not open.

¿What would the rules be?

Thanks.
Just duplicate the #2 rule and use the ServerUDPPort at the Destination port. ;)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek