Author Topic: Spyware? [Resolved]  (Read 9786 times)

Offline Josh_H

Spyware? [Resolved]
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »
I heard something about Comodo Anti-virus protecting against spyware too.  Is this true?  I have anti-spyware tools, because I didn't think that it protected me against it. ???

(R)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:22:03 PM by Soya »

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Spyware?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:16:17 AM »
Spyware is also Beta, and would have been pulled down as part of the CAV auto-updates.

It will of course get better in time. ;)

(J)
Comodo: CIS 10.X (latest version; Win10 Creator's Update compatible)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »
Hi and welcome,

It will be a few months before all spyware definitions are added to the database, so it is a good idea to keep your existing spyware protection.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Offline Justin L.

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 11:11:41 AM »
it is a good idea to keep your existing spyware protection.

Yes I have a policy that I never trust 1 companies software for full protection no matter how good the product, for instance I use CPF and CAVS but I use different antispyware products such as Ewido (FREE) and Spyware Doctor (free for me but otherwise $29.99 USD)

Offline XenonG

• Comodo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »
Well, Trend Micro's Anti Spyware software saved my (Windows installation's)life 6 times, also their the one who made the CWSShredder, and all those small tools to remove unremovable spyware, ad-ware, malware and etc. Just their free online scanner and removal tool is t3h 0wnag3!!!!11111oneoneoneelevenelevenelevenoneoneon11111!!!!!

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »
Yes I have a policy that I never trust 1 companies software for full protection no matter how good the product, for instance I use CPF and CAVS but I use different antispyware products such as Ewido (FREE) and Spyware Doctor (free for me but otherwise $29.99 USD)

I also, use Ewido with Windows Defender (resident) and AdAware, but when CAVS comes out of beta and has all definitions (and all the cool new antispyware features) I will probably uninstall one or more of them.

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek