Author Topic: Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security.  (Read 226666 times)

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security.
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2010, 06:21:28 AM »
Hope so , clockwork ... hehe  :) Cheers!
Thanks for reporting him I did see his other posts first, but it is still helpful if you report them :)

Thanks
Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »
is there a ban hammer swinging? :D

Swung.  >:-D ;D (courtesy of Dennis2 I believe).

And we don't actually use a hammer. Our keyboards have a SMITE key. :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline millA

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:15 PM »
Hi, I'm new with comodo firewall... I hve several questions hope anyone can help me. 1st I have G-Data as antivirus and malwarebytes, they both expires in 5 days I believe was satisfied but search for more detailed reviews (for 2011), so I probably will go for AVIRA as my AV, I like G-Data because with the firewall (manually) I see every movement in my pc with the options to scan any program (oubound) and aloud  temp only, now in somes programs it say is no viruses with a red flag I look in depth (w/G-Data) and it shows smoes .dll (in red) with unknown IP adress so I google it it say alot of hackers and spywares hide inside good programs to steel or monitore my pc, send info using back doors on my firewall, so I tryied to delet those suspicious .dll (the ones that my av have no idea ) and it is imposible, don't know how, also say to get a good firewall so I did Comodo... had been my first step. If I get CIS and buy AVIRA will be any problem ?. When I looked the history in my firewall (G-Data) shows a loooong history that say "your computer had ben scaned" IN RED this scare me, whant to avoid it and erase those that are embeded, basacly new w/ps but quick learner. Any advise ?  Please

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
Avira works well with CIS.

Just make sure you don't attempt to run both Avira and the AV in CIS at the same time. I would recommend not even installing the AV in CIS, unless you want to use it for on-demand or second opinion scans. In this case, you can set the Antivirus Security Level to Disabled in CIS.

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2010, 07:40:56 PM »
dont install two guards on one pc. for a second "opinion" use only an on demand scanner without any guard function. disabling may not be enough.

if you dont run a commercial business, use avira personal edition free. the paid versions may have content which you dont need, or which could make problems because the comodo suite protects the same fields allready.

the personal edition is a very good antivirus. and comodo firewall and defense+ are good too. so a nice combination.

btw, many sites tell you "any file is dangerous", because they try to sell their product or scan whatever.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there has been no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen.
But there was no phone...."

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2010, 10:57:55 PM »
dont install two guards on one pc. for a second "opinion" use only an on demand scanner without any guard function. disabling may not be enough.

Disabling CAV turns it off. There is no real-time (guard) functionality when it is turned off.

Offline webbman

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
Hi, I think I have spyware SNIFFERS that actively try and steal my info.

I see the internet icon (bottom right of monitor) activated for no reason whatsoever and when I click to get details I see THOUSANDS of PACKETS Sent & Recvd.

DOES COMODO ADDRESS THIS TYPE OF SPYWARE? How can I clean the memory where all the PACKETS are strored?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS IN ADVANCE, WebbMan

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »
Hi Webbman,

Sounds like your ready to test the new Comodo Cleaning Essentials..
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch-cce/comodo-cleaning-essentials-1217476931-beta-ready-t67228.0.html

Maybe that can help you out?
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline kevinsh

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »
Here you will have access to the world's best security experts to help you learn all about Computer security!

feel free to ask!

Melih

I am a new user and I use Opera.  I have been unable to download updates.  Each time I get a message that the connection was lost and were unable to complete the update.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2011, 06:25:10 AM »
I am a new user and I use Opera.  I have been unable to download updates.  Each time I get a message that the connection was lost and were unable to complete the update.  Any suggestions?
Hi kevinsh , & welcome to the forum

There are many users of Opera here & those guys are really experienced and knowing the said browser in deep

At the same time nobody can help and provide "Any suggestions" no matter what, unless the question is formulated properly and the information is supplied.

You are unable to update what? Opera?  or CIS?

What system you are using ? (OS ; platform  ; Service Pack)
What components of CIS are in place? Just Firewall or the whole Suite with AV; sandbox; etc.? What version?
What is a precise message re: connection that was lost ?  .. and so on ad so forth

Please be more descriptive & provide as many details as possible
You can add/ attache precise messages if any;  and/or screen shots; Warnings or Errors logged in System Events ... (to be continued  ;) )

My regards
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline trscsaeg

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
what is comodo's definition of net neutrality and is it shared with anyone who has power involving net neutrality?

is comodo sending their views on it to congress and whoever else has power on this subject?

is comodo for or against other peoples and or congress's definition of net neutrality?

for example i believe it is cass sunstien who creates regulations in the gov that wants it to be to where if someone goes to a political site that has one view then the user will see ads of an opposing view on that site. if it's not him then it is someone else in gov because i seen a video of this person talking about it so don't hold me to it being cass sunstien.

i disagree with this view. if the site maker wants opposing view ads on their site then they can do that now if they choose but not forced to do it by the gov.

or if the user has something on his computer that enables this functionality because he likes the idea of seeing opposing view ads then good for him but no one should be forced to see this by the gov. it's not their place.

i feel that lawmakers don't educate themselves enough on how the internet works to regulate it in this way and many other ways. also i feel their motives don't help anyone and they are trying to fix the wrong problem with the internet. to me making people see these opposing view ads or links is a problem that's attempting to fix something that was never an issue to the user.

i personally don't see anything wrong with the way the internet works today other then security and how insecure it is but i still think developers should fix this, not the gov. forcing everyone to have access to all view points on whatever web page the user is on at the time is immoral and not there place and seems like a way to shove their view points down everyone elses throat. if i want their opinion then i'll ask them otherwise they can shut up and leave me and the internet alone.

Offline mitchell64

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:04 PM »
I have been using Comodo Firewall for 2-3 years now & last week i adopted Defense+ which i am now starting to get comfortable with so today i started looking into the sandbox option.

My question is would it be more secure to run my appointed browser that i only use for on line banking in the sandbox as "always sandboxed" & if so at what level "limited" or higher?

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:51 PM »
I have been using Comodo Firewall for 2-3 years now & last week i adopted Defense+ which i am now starting to get comfortable with so today i started looking into the sandbox option.

My question is would it be more secure to run my appointed browser that i only use for on line banking in the sandbox as "always sandboxed" & if so at what level "limited" or higher?
Honestly, I wouldn't bother.

With leaving CIS at default anything downloaded from the internet will automatically be run in the sandbox anyway.

Offline mitchell64

« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't bother.

With leaving CIS at default anything downloaded from the internet will automatically be run in the sandbox anyway.

Oh ok i get what you are saying, thank you for your response it is appreciated  :)

Offline stephan_y

• Comodo Member
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2011, 06:10:32 AM »
hi
I am using cmodo firewall version:5 for the past one month and I am comfortable and happy with it but I got a doubt actually where to create the network monitor rules, is it in the global rules option or in the application rules option.., could you please help me..?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek