Author Topic: Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security.  (Read 225450 times)

Offline engelis

Re: Please feel free to ask any questions to learn all about Computer Security.
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2010, 06:27:38 AM »
Hi engelis,

Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately that is impossible to answer your question.

1) You did not provide practically any information about your system
Win 7 ... What platform? What parts of Kaspersky were active? Were there any other security in place?
What specifically were you running? Were you using official  servers to play?
Were you using some kinds tweaks & tricks &... probably  cracked game... hmmm
The list of question can be quite extensive..., so I will stop...

2) "That keylogger?" ... What keylogger?  ???

How can we know what was (is) a suspect as a keylogger?
It was probably not a keylogger? Or you did install it despite some warnings....

3) Kaspersky Suite actually is very good Suite with some extremely sophisticated features. It can protect you IF you learn and know how to use it...
... and if you know how to present information when you are asking questions

4) the same applies to Comodo or any other security

Can Comodo protect you from hackers and keyloggers? - Yes

.... and at the same time definite No - Comodo will not protect you -  it  cannot do that ....

... IF you don't know how to set it up and use.

5) There is no such security out there that can protect you IF you do not follow the rules / setting up rules correctly / and use additional layers of protection ( there are many in addition to what Comodo is offering currently)

6)
as for the games in particular, as far as I know the "Game Mode" is still in Comodo's Wish List , - on the contrary other security out there already providing such mode and that works perfectly

Please provide detailed information about what happened, otherwise I can tell you with 100% serenity No - none of the existing security can protect you because 99.999%  depends on users' own experience of correctly using layered security that is correctly set up, plus user's habits of using surfing / gaming / and the Operating System as a whole

My regards
Im runing Windows7 Pro 64bit/Kaspersky internet security 2010 settings was on max security.Only tricks and Tweaks i haw done is overclock PCU.From Start thinked its becuz game.Reinstaled PC instaled F.E.A.R Multyplayer  and then pop up windows-instal global hook keyloger-  if i block it it wont let me use keyboard in game.
Programs what i use from extra security and preformance-Spybot/Ccleaner/Tune up Uttilities 2010
Sorry but its all i can tell :)

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
... instaled F.E.A.R Multyplayer  and then pop up windows-instal global hook keyloger-  if i block it it wont let me use keyboard in game...
Thanks for reply, engelis

Well, now it is a little bit clearer than in your initial message.

I am not a computer game player but I can ask my friend who is a huge enthusiast in that field and played F.E.A.R...
The only thing that comes to mind that it could be just a legit hook that you have to allow, but not a keylogger per se. I am into Audio Editing, for example, so if you have a Software MIDI keyboard emulators those are often flagged as well, since specific implementation of keyboard hooking
So probably that is your issue rather that questioning existing security and or asking  about protection by another one.
I am sure if that is the case and you would have Comodo's Defense+ in place you would definitely get similar Alert too with equal consequence if "Blocked"

But that is just my guess about possible gaming control responsible for the keystrokes interpreter... (still not enough info for making certain conclusion)
Next time you can at least save a screenshot of the Alert.

Another question about "being hacked" is still opened and again there is no supporting info.
Anyway, as I can see you created a duplicate post about the issue

https://forums.comodo.com/general-security-questions-and-comments/comodo-preformance-t50647.0.html

Double posting is not a good way to get answers actually, moreover that is kinda inappropriate. You could ask moderators to split this thread an move your request

My regards.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:43:40 AM by SiberLynx »
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:14 AM »
did you run Comodo cloud scanner to see if there are any unknown or suspicious files?

Melih

Offline engelis

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »

Double posting is not a good way to get answers actually, moreover that is kinda inappropriate. You could ask moderators to split this thread an move your request

My regards.
Sorry as new one here was hard to find right place where to type and didnt know did that last post worekd or not.Didnt meant to double post.

About keyloger problem thanx to Live Support found out its false possitive :) Ty for helping out

Offline SiberLynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2010, 07:11:02 PM »
Hi engelis,
Thanks for reply 
Sorry as new one here was hard to find right place where to type and didnt know did that last post worekd or not.Didnt meant to double post.
No need to apologize. That happens  ;)

About keyloger problem thanx to Live Support found out its false possitive :) Ty for helping out

Different story... We are glad to hear that  :-TU
Hope you are feeling better now ... never panic with all this "security stuff "
FPs are very bad thing but we cannot live without those...
but it always good to be absolutely Positive that something is "False Positive"  :D

Cheers!
Main OS - Ubuntu
XP Pro, SP3 (32bit), Admin; Comodo Firewall 3.14.130099.587; Proactive with Defense+; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 x64, Admin (UAC off); Win7 advanced FW +TinyWall; Emsisoft Anti-Malware v9; Sandboxie
Win 7 Ultimate 32bit (UAC off); Emsisoft Internet Security v9 beta

Offline duoniux

« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »
Hello,
i started to use CIS after some time and have some questions. I configured my firewall and defence like in here:
Defense+
http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t30473.0.html
Firewall
http://forums.comodo.com/empty-t30535.0.html

everything works normal, only i don't understand what is bloking firewall?
there is attachment, take a look. i marked red what i know. one ip is my laptop's, who belongs other IP adresses i don't know. at home we have wireless router, my laptop is working on wireless and parents PC on LAN.
and what should i choose in firewall security policy for Java, internet explorer, windows media player, and c:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe ? outgoing only maybe for java, WMP and explorer.exe?IE?

thank you very much for help :-TU

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline lenailinova

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2010, 12:51:43 PM »
My Comodo doesn't update antiviruse, it keeps saying that there's no internet connection. What should I do? Help me, please

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »
My Comodo doesn't update antiviruse, it keeps saying that there's no internet connection. What should I do? Help me, please
Hello lenailinova,
Can you please tell us what version of CIS you are using? you can find it on the program, Misc, About box.
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline baddog941

please help,
after installing CIS i can see over 1000 outgoing ports opening on employee laptop.  this started out as malware removal (Defense Center) with Malwarebytes and then i installed CIS. then i saw all the outgoing connections - over 1300 outgoing ports opened while i watched!

how can i figure out what is going on and stop it?  thanks in advance for your consideration.

i'd like to figure out what has happened before i just nuke the hard drive...

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
What applications are using the outbound connections?
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
That quest continues here
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline BigBang

Hi!
I´m not a security expert, (not at all!) so maybe it is a foolish question; but my Comodo firewall shows me that it is 7 (seven!) svchost.exe runs on my computer in the same time! I think it is suspicious, isn´t it? My computer has been very slow, start up-, and shot down times are very long. I scaned it with several  AV programs, but nothing!

Thanx for an itresting site!
BigBang

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Hi BigBang, welcome to the forums.

I'm no security expert either.. but, fortunately, your question is really a Windows question rather than a security one. It is not uncommon for Windows itself to have several SVCHOST.EXE's running. Windows uses individual SVCHOST processes for different purposes, mostly to do with various aspects of networking and almost always for Windows services. However, it is possible for malware to abuse SVCHOST (something that CIS protects against). You can find more details (and further links) here [wikipedia.org].

There's also a natty little application called SVCHost Viewer [codeplex.com] that shows what is running SVCHOST if you're interested.
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
but my Comodo firewall shows me that it is 7 (seven!) svchost.exe runs on my computer in the same time! I think it is suspicious, isn´t it?
On contrary, that's normal. A lot of system services are run by svchost.exe

[attachment deleted by admin]
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline Unhappy_Customer

Hi!
New guy here!
 :)

Thanks for your helps/forum/comodo etc :)  :-TU

It is stupid, I am using ADSL/router and in my Win7 64; Firewall Security training Mode, Defence + training mode, Sandbox Enabled, Comodo Proactive security; manually Deleted everything from Network security policy, Predefined Policy Nothing (deleted) + Acast + Spybot Search and Destry + Superantispyware,... and when I tried Comodo leak test... the results are bad. (I deleted everything hoping the delete might cure the problem.)

And my stupid question is "Why I am using this Comodo products/Firewall if it not working? If something is wrong, what is wrong, where is wrong etc"

I have no computer education. I read articles from google and I try them.

Please, if there are any steps for better firewall settings. Or should I format the computer + reinstall the firewall and reinstall everything etc...

Thanks.
Have a wonderful time.
Bye.
 :a0

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek